Vodafone complaints

Options

Comments

• Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    edited 17 September 2013 at 12:57PM
    Options
    Hi all,

Thanks for making me aware of your respective concerns.

Black tourer and jrdinuk,

If you'd like me to take a closer look at things for you could you email me with your details via the link in our profile here?

All you need to do is copy and paste the link into your web browser and it will take you to the Contact us form on our website. To make sure it reaches me could you also quote the code WRT135 - MSE in the subject line?

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. So I can make sure I've got it could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as soon as possible?

David,

I'm sorry to see that you've been having difficulties with the network.

For further help with this I'd recommend following the troubleshooting steps in the Network Issues thread on our eForum.

Although I can't provide you with a link to it due to the posting guidelines which company representatives are obliged to follow, you'll find the thread in the eForum's Network Updates section.

If you come across a thread where your area has already been mentioned could you post a link to the thread so I can chase things up?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations

Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • becki9001
    Options
    Hello

Ive just received a bill which is well over what i usually pay. I have checked the itemised bill and most of the data chargers were on the 31st august all the same amount of data for the same time period 1 hour 8 minutes if i remember rightly.

I was working all day then had a quite night in and even left my phone at home by accident.

It is quite clear to me i have not used this data as i have WiFi at home.

I have spoken to a guy at there who basically told me there was nothing they could do. and that i would need proof to then be 'refunded'. I cannot afford to pay the excess and i think it is clear i haven't used it.

Please help.

Thanks
  • becki9001
    Options
    Further to the above i have checked and the usage was all at the same time midnight of 31st august and basically for the same amount of data and time...
  • anotherdavid
    Options
    I'm totally disgusted with the customer service with Vodafone.

The mast serving where I live (and more importantly work) has been down since the 24th August yet I have been unable to find anyone at the company who can tell me when it will be fixed. Stunned. How is it possible that such a large company cannot know how long it will take to fix? Unbelievable - just.... I'm speechless. And worse no one cares.

Don't bother with the chat thing utterly useless. I was promised that a "manager" would get in touch with me within 72 hours. Why don't they just say 3 days.... which of course they did not. 3 days wasted.

Further insult was added by the suggestion that I pay £100 so I can receive a Suresignal box. So let me just get that right in my head - I have to pay because they have not managed to repair a fault after 3 1/2 weeks!! Nice - feeling loved and wanted as a customer.

Everyone is very sympathetic and "totally understands where I'm coming from" - but not one person thus far has come up with a solution for me.

When I went to the Vodafone shop where I bought my phone the person who sold me my phone had metamorphosed from charming, helpful and professional to - "and what do you want me to do about it?" He had a facial expression like I'd just taken a giant dump in the shop. Nice - you've just signed your contract so get stuffed.

So now prior to going down the ombudsman route I have to WRITE to them. Another goodness knows how many days awaiting a reply and batting that back and forth. Quite clearly a delaying tactic.

So here it is as I see it. Once you have signed that contract and are past the cooling off/cancellation period they could not care less.

And without wanting to sound chippy - I wonder if a mast was down that served... say the square mile.... whether Vodafone would be saying to those customers "we have no idea when it's going to be fixed. I know you have been without a phone signal for nearly a month and I totally understand where you are coming from but...".

I just can see that myself so essentially I'm a(nother) customer who doesn't matter, or at best a second rate customer.

And I thought Orange were bad after taking 4 months to unlock my previous phone.....
  • Joaloued
    Joaloued Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 17 September 2013 at 11:09PM
    Options
    Vodafone have just effectively stolen £735 from us.

My husband got a contract for an iPhone 5 and despite several phone calls, Vodafone never activated the phone correctly or ported the number across. He returned the phone to the LINCOLN store within the 7 day cooling off period and has a receipt to prove it.

We have now been on the phone to Vodafone customer 'services', who are refusing to refund the money, despite us having a receipt to prove the phone was returned, and are telling us the only way for us to fix this problem is for US to drive a 50 mile return trip to rectify THEIR mistake.

Clearly, this isn't a small sum of money. We returned the phone. We have the receipt to prove it. They won't phone up the store themselves to sort out their mistake and are effectively accusing us of theft, not to mention leaving us wide open to bank charges and whatever else as we are 735 quid down. We never had anything in writing to say that they were going to debit the money - that we don't owe - and we were just lucky that we checked the internet banking and found the charge.

Please can anyone offer any advice on how to deal with this? It really beggars belief. I don't understand how we can have proof of return but we have to drive to the store to prove we haven't stolen a phone.
  • baldelectrician
    Options
    Joaloued wrote: »
    Vodafone have just effectively stolen £735 from us.

My husband got a contract for an iPhone 5 and despite several phone calls, Vodafone never activated the phone correctly or ported the number across. He returned the phone to the LINCOLN store within the 7 day cooling off period and has a receipt to prove it.

We have now been on the phone to Vodafone customer 'services', who are refusing to refund the money, despite us having a receipt to prove the phone was returned, and are telling us the only way for us to fix this problem is for US to drive a 50 mile return trip to rectify THEIR mistake.

Clearly, this isn't a small sum of money. We returned the phone. We have the receipt to prove it. They won't phone up the store themselves to sort out their mistake and are effectively accusing us of theft, not to mention leaving us wide open to bank charges and whatever else as we are 735 quid down. We never had anything in writing to say that they were going to debit the money - that we don't owe - and we were just lucky that we checked the internet banking and found the charge.

Please can anyone offer any advice on how to deal with this? It really beggars belief. I don't understand how we can have proof of return but we have to drive to the store to prove we haven't stolen a phone.

You need to invoke the DIRECT DEBIT GUARANTEE. This states that if a direct debit is taken in error they the bank must issue a FULL AND IMMEDIATE REFUND.

CALL your bank to so this, you may have to confirm it in writing as well.

I have done this before with a contract that I had cancelled

You need to then write to the and make the complaint official. Knowing Vodafarce they will fluff things up and you may have to take em to court to get them to correct your credit file.
    baldly going on...
  • mobilejunkie
    Options
    That is a very dangerous option. Firstly, it could wreck your credit record for the next six years. Second, was there actually a 7 day cooling off period? If purchased in a shop that would only happen if they have their own returns policy; if on-line and unless it was an "upgrade" it would apply.

As always with the despicable company, the only likely (and timely) response will be from the Web Relation Team, who you should contact as instructed countless times on this thread.
  • Supatramp
    Options
    Hi all,

Thanks for making me aware of your respective concerns.

David,

I'm sorry to see that you've been having difficulties with the network.

For further help with this I'd recommend following the troubleshooting steps in the Network Issues thread on our eForum.

Although I can't provide you with a link to it due to the posting guidelines which company representatives are obliged to follow, you'll find the thread in the eForum's Network Updates section.

If you come across a thread where your area has already been mentioned could you post a link to the thread so I can chase things up?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations

Vodafone UK

Sorry Lee, I'm obviously thick but I can't make head nor tail of that part of the e-forum.

I put the first part of my post code into a search box and it told me there was no match. After searching about I eventually came across a previous thread referring to the first part of my post code, dating back to July which I've posted on, but whether it's the correct place or not, I haven't a clue.

At one place I came across the was supposedly a template to post my complaint, but other than a load of questions, there's no actual template. I've tried it in both Firefox and Chrome and neither shows a template.

And as I've previously mentioned, customer services are a complete waste of space.

The very latest, is that having used my phone several times this morning, including latterly just about 3 miles from home, I've arrived home only to find that AGAIN, I have no connection!!!

What on earth is going ON???????????

This incredibly pathetic lack of service is surely a breach of VF's contract with me?!?!?!
    David.
  • Silk
    Silk Posts: 4,836 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 18 September 2013 at 2:25PM
    Options
    Supatramp wrote: »
    At one place I came across the was supposedly a template to post my complaint, but other than a load of questions, there's no actual template. I've tried it in both Firefox and Chrome and neither shows a template.
    The idea is you copy the template on this page.. http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Network-Updates/Network-Issues-Initial-checks-and-template/td-p/666783

as in this copy...

TEMPL​ATE

Post Title: 'First half of post code - Area' E.g. ST1 - Stoke on trent

1). Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

2). What is the full postcode of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the forum, add it to your profile here.

3). Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

4). Are there any issues in your area already reported on the Network Updates Board?

5). Does this issue happen on 2G, 3G or both? To check, go to the Help Centre, select your phone and then select "network".

6). What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

7) When did you first notice this issue?

8) Is the issue permanent or intermittent (if intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs)?
    You then put the answers against the questions and post it on the board as per the instructions given....after you paste the template you can edit in your answers
    7. Post the Network issue template (below):

Copy the below template and post it in the relevant thread. The more detail we have, the quicker we can identify and resolve the issue.
    It's not just about the money
  • anotherdavid
    Options
    That's useful but from my perspective what's the point ?

They know my mast has been down for nearly 4 weeks but still cannot tell me when it might be repaired.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure