Orange 'Free' Broadband

Options

Comments

• moon777
    moon777 Posts: 178 Forumite
    Options
    nickbirkin wrote: »
    My latest email from Ofcom contained the following;

"Orange has advised us that since the initial promotion, free broadband has not been actively promoted when mobile contracts have been renewed. If we see evidence to the contrary, we will raise this with Orange for further discussion."

To all on this forum who can swear blind that since the initial offer that they were promised the Free Broadband when they came to renew their contracts over the last six years, can you please send an email to

[EMAIL="OCCtelecoms@ofcom.org.uk"]OCCtelecoms@ofcom.org.uk[/EMAIL]

FAO Sandra Sutton,

stating that you were told the FBB continued contrary to Orange's blatant lie to Ofcom.

Please fell free to quote my Ofcom ref 1-217098157

I got the above after badgering them as to why they were simply taking Orange at their word, when forum after forum contains statements to the contrary.

Lets give them the evidence they need.

Please PM me when you do, (a simple done it will do J ) as I shall be in contact with her asking if they NOW have enough evidence to believe the folk they're meant to be protecting.
    Some idea of the number of emails they will have received will definitely strengthen the case.
    If PM’s ain’t your thing then please post on the forum.

Something simple on the lines of ….

"It has come to my attention that Ofcom are seeking information and evidence that counters Orange’s statement to Ofcom, whereby they deny actively promoting Free Broadband when it came to renewal of mobile contracts after the initial offering.
    I can state that this is not the case and when I came to renew in dd/mm/yy.(approx date will do.)
    I was categorically assured that I would be keeping the Free Broadband.
    The Free Broadband is the only reason I stayed with Orange and did not seek a more competitive mobile deal. It was what induced me into continuing the mobile contract.”

I have emailed them, and sent you a copy via PM. Everyone everywhere should do this.

Anyone new here should also report the miss selling to Ofcom and get an Ofcom reference number in order to progress their complaints.
  • moon777
    Options
    nickbirkin wrote: »
    10 emails sent to Ofcom, best get them on the blower :)
    Hopefully there will be many more emails over the weekend when people catch up on this thread.
  • ioscorpio
    ioscorpio Posts: 2,360 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Doesn't EE new logo look like Morrison's green and yellow logo!
  • Eva49
    Eva49 Posts: 554 Forumite
    edited 18 October 2012 at 8:17AM
    Options
    For anyone new here viewing this forum; much information has been ‘lost’ within the length of the thread I thought it prudent to collate a post outlining procedure for addressing this issue; Miss-sold mobile contracts

1) Phone Ofcom Tel: 0300 123 3333 or 020 7981 3040 http://www.ofcom.org.uk/contact-us ; outline your case and ask for a case number.

2) Phone Orange Executive Office: 0800 0790 134
    Quoting Ofcom case no. and note the name of the person you speak to. Under Ofcom rules they have 48 hours to respond.

3) Put your complaint in writing following http://www1.orange.co.uk/documents/about/Orange-complaints-code-20120322.pdf

FAO name of the person you spoke to…..They have a 8 week window in which to resolve before it can be advanced to CISAS……..note: this case cannot be advanced to arbitration (CISAS) as it is deemed a ‘business decision’.
    Then email to [EMAIL="executive.office@everythingeverywhere.com"]executive.office@everythingeverywhere.com[/EMAIL]

4) Report the case to Citizens Advice Bureaux (CAB) 08454 04 05 06 and ask for it to be reported to trading standards
    http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/consumer_e/phones_tv_internet_and_computers_index_e/consumer_problems_with_contracts_packages_and_offers_e/product_or_service_has_been_mis_sold_to_you_tv_phones_and_internet.htm

5) The next step would be to take your claim to the small claims court.
    Issue a Notice of Pre-Court Action (suggest 10-14days notice) and email FAO (Name of Contact) [EMAIL="executive.office@everythingeverywhere.com"]executive.office@everythingeverywhere.com[/EMAIL] back that up with a hard copy and send by recorded delivery to Head Office:

Company Reg No: 2178917

Company Secretary
    Orange Personal Communications Ltd.,
    Hatfield Business Park
    Hatfield
    Hertfordshire
    AL10 9BW

OR

Company Reg No 02382161

Company Secretary
    EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE LIMITED
    HATFIELD BUSINESS PARK
    HATFIELD
    HERTFORDSHIRE
    AL10 9BW

6) Link to register online application

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

Finally, contact BBC Watchdog and any media available.

Good Luck to all :) Apologies for the length!

[FONT=&quot]Orange retained their Mobile Contract Customers by offering ‘Free BB for Life’ as an inducement to renew their Mobile Contract for a minimum term, and most of us relied upon that representation that Orange would not remove this incentive, certainly, it was not foreseeable at the time of renewal this would be to our detriment some time into a new contract.
    Customers are now under duress to accept the current offer which is a substantial variation in terms, and has to be acceptable

[/FONT]
  • ioscorpio
    ioscorpio Posts: 2,360 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Seems that Simply Broadband customers are also getting letters.

"Not sure how genuine this is, but a friend of mine as said he's received a letter from Orange stating that they no longer offer the Simply Broadband package which is broadband on its own, and that he will have to take up landline with them in order to keep his broadband service."

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1738806
  • moon777
    edited 5 October 2012 at 2:07PM
    Options
    Eva49 wrote: »
    For anyone viewing or new to the forum and as so much useful information has been ‘lost’ within the length of the thread I thought it prudent to collate a post outlining procedure for addressing this issue; Miss-sold mobile contracts

1) Phone Ofcom Tel: 0300 123 3333 or 020 7981 3040 http://www.ofcom.org.uk/contact-us ; outline your case and ask for a case number.

2) Phone Orange Executive Office: 0800 0790 134
    Quoting Ofcom case no. and note the name of the person you speak to. Under Ofcom rules they have 48 hours to respond.

3) Put your complaint in writing following http://www1.orange.co.uk/documents/about/Orange-complaints-code-20120322.pdf

FAO name of the person you spoke to…..They have a 6 week window in which to resolve before it can be advanced to CISAS……..note: this case cannot be advanced to arbitration (CISAS) as it is deemed a ‘business decision’.
    Then email to [EMAIL="executive.office@everythingeverywhere.com"]executive.office@everythingeverywhere.com[/EMAIL]

4) Report the case to Citizens Advice Bureaux (CAB) 08454 04 05 06 and ask for it to be reported to trading standards
    http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/nirela...d_internet.htm

5) The next step would be to take your claim to the small claims court.
    Issue a Notice of Pre-Court Action and email FAO (Name of Contact) [EMAIL="executive.office@everythingeverywhere.com"]executive.office@everythingeverywhere.com[/EMAIL] back that up with a hard copy and send by recorded delivery to Head Office:

Company Reg No: 2178917

Company Secretary
    Orange Personal Communications Ltd.,
    Hatfield Business Park
    Hatfield
    Hertfordshire
    AL10 9BW

OR

Company Reg No 02382161

Company Secretary
    EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE LIMITED
    HATFIELD BUSINESS PARK
    HATFIELD
    HERTFORDSHIRE
    AL10 9BW

6) Link to register online application

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

Finally, contact BBC Watchdog and any media available.

Good Luck to all :) Apologies for the length!

Excellent post - very helpful, as much of the information is deep in the thread - and its grown quite big!

Now we can quote post 1304 to new people looking for information on how to progress their complaints.
  • canmore_boy
    Options
    moon777 wrote: »
    Excellent post - very helpful, as much of the information is deep in the thread - and its grown quite big!

I agree but I would also suggest that you copy your MP into the correspondence and ask them to take up your concerns with the Culture Secretary who is responsible for OFCOM and ask your MP to put pressure on the Culture Secretary to get OFCOM to intervene and sort this mess out.
  • moon777
    edited 5 October 2012 at 2:14PM
    Options
    I agree but I would also suggest that you copy your MP into the correspondence and ask them to take up your concerns with the Culture Secretary who is responsible for OFCOM and ask your MP to put pressure on the Culture Secretary to get OFCOM to intervene and sort this mess out.

Hi Canmore - yes.

I emailed my MP a couple of weeks ago - culture secretary a good idea!
    Ofcom are accountable to parliament i assume - and they dont appear to understand their role over this particular 'incident'
  • Eva49
    Eva49 Posts: 554 Forumite
    edited 5 October 2012 at 2:26PM
    Options
    ioscorpio wrote: »
    Seems that Simply Broadband customers are also getting letters.

"Not sure how genuine this is, but a friend of mine as said he's received a letter from Orange stating that they no longer offer the Simply Broadband package which is broadband on its own, and that he will have to take up landline with them in order to keep his broadband service."

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1738806

I still have my 2nd line via my wanadoo livebox and was told by exec that the stand-aloneBB and 2nd line £5 per month package was being removed too.

But I read you had an email to say otherwise? I believe I read?......or did I get that wrong?
  • nickbirkin
    Options
    Ofcom Update.
    Just spent 15 mins chatting to Ms Sutton and got a very favourable impression.
    Although she personally has not seen all the emails the group has sent, (they are shared out amongst a team of 4), they are going to have an effect.
    We’re up to 12 now.
    She tells me that they are still discussing the matter with Orange and that my complaint (and I can only presume all of our complaints) had now been moved up to the next level of manager.
    She did say that as part of their discussions with Orange that 20th ish of September that Orange had promised to contact all those that have been affected by the change of policy.
    I certainly have not had any contact other than a letter putting back the cut off date.
    Keep on badgering Ofcom and we will see a result.
    I am now sending the whole thing through to Tom Cherry the manager who’s going to be handling my complaint.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure