Skip button?

Options

Comments

• Kirri
    Kirri Posts: 6,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    emweaver wrote: »
    Surely you can tell from the thread title if you want to win the prize or not.

Yes of course (most of the time that is unless it's something I don't know what it is!) but when you get in the thread and you realise it's not such a great comp then you don't want to enter, then it gets bumped and you see ipad in the title so you look at it again :mad:
    luijo wrote: »
    I think it's a brilliant idea, as I have often wished that there was such a thing. I like some others have now resorted to ticking even when I haven't entered, and thanking but it then confuses me later. I def support your idea itsmeexxx, and thanks for proposing it.

Yep, I'd find it totally irritating using the entered button if I hadn't entered - as if a thread I've already entered gets bumped if I have time I may go back in to check either for a new weekly/daily question or link or whether the first question has been marked incorrect or something so to have even more entered than I have already entered would be so irritating and then confusing as you wouldn't necessarily know if you had entered it or not!
  • babymoo
    babymoo Posts: 3,187 Forumite
    Options
    I'm all for this aswell! :)
  • velocity_girl
    Options
    emweaver wrote: »
    Surely you can tell from the thread title if you want to win the prize or not.

Not really... Often I have to go into a thread or the competition itself to realise travel's not included or the dates wouldn't be possible for me. Or I realise it's a blog entry or twitter entry which I don't usually do. Or the title is quite non-descript e.g. "win a bag" in which case I always go and look at it before I decide whether to enter as I'm not interested in entering competitions for stuff I wouldn't use. Or I just plain don't know what the prize is from the title.

Skip button would be really helpful!
    2018 wins: Aspinal of London jewellery box, Boudavida gym outfit, HP Pavilion laptop, The List party tickets, All Points East festival tickets, Kiehls moisturiser, By Terry cc serum, Nars Liquid Bronzer, Benefit highlighter, Nars illuminator, Fresh advanced lip trio set, Cetaphil sample set, signed copy of My Absolute Darling by Gabriel Tallent
  • Barnabysue
    Barnabysue Posts: 9,058 Forumite
    Options
    Personally I think the 'enter' button can be used once you've read a thread, whether you decide to enter or not. The search function can find comps for you if you're lucky enough to have a win. I think there are enough different buttons on first posts already, without adding another one to the mix.
    Luck is believing you’re lucky – Tennessee Williams

May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light. May good luck pursue you each morning and night – Anonymous
  • Thanks for all your feedback,

We're going to look into this and see if it's something we can implement for you soon. In the meantime, it's worth remembering that new threads appear in bold at board level if you've not read them before. The bold is removed once you've viewed it.

It's not quite as elegant a solution as the great minds on here have proposed, but it might help a bit in the interim whilst we look at "skip".

Follow @MSE_Forum on twitter
    Join the MSE Forum
    New forum user? Watch our New to the Forum? Youtube guide
    Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • VelvetGlove
    VelvetGlove Posts: 12,008 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for all your feedback,

We're going to look into this and see if it's something we can implement for you soon. In the meantime, it's worth remembering that new threads appear in bold at board level if you've not read them before. The bold is removed once you've viewed it.

It's not quite as elegant a solution as the great minds on here have proposed, but it might help a bit in the interim whilst we look at "skip".

Wow!! Thanks guys! How cool is that?

Thanks very much for following the thread & deciding to give it a shot :)

And thanks also to itsmeexxx for suggesting it as an idea in the first place!
    Sad because you don't know what to do? :sad: Comping question? Take a look in the Comping Guide to find out :smiley:
  • Hi again,

Conceptually, is this the sort of thing you're after:

skip.gif

Would you then prefer a "X" in the board list as suggested (like the tick for enter), or something that matched this button more, i.e. the "skipped" symbol ">|"?

We'd naturally provide an "unskip" alternate in case you change your mind.

Follow @MSE_Forum on twitter
    Join the MSE Forum
    New forum user? Watch our New to the Forum? Youtube guide
    Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,842 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 21 August 2012 at 1:27PM
    Options
    hiya, big thanks for asking, not sure which one i'd prefer but am willing to give it a try whichever majority of comps peeps want :)
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• Resident_Evil
    Options
    Happy to go with any design but if you want a preference I quite like the idea of an orange skip symbol.
  • chakari_2
    chakari_2 Posts: 64 Forumite
    Options
    Really love the idea of the skip button. I think i would prefur the X, but would be happy to have it as any symbol!
    Mommy of one little girl, Willow, one disabled cat, Glitch, And one elderly rabbit, Ana
    Wins in 2018: waffle maker!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport