Lastminute.com - Top Secret Hotels REVEALED (London ONLY)

Options

Comments

• InvisibleLlama
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm looking for a room in central London for Saturday night (26th Feb) for me and my boyfriend. After hunting through most of this forum and lastminute.com I think the best I've come up with is what I think is the Hyatt Regency London - the Churchill (Elegant, deluxe 5-star hotel in West End) for £139. Does this sound like a good deal or does anyone have any better suggestions (under £150, not too modern)?
    Thanks, any help would be much appreciated!
  • Pelican_eats_pigeon
    Pelican_eats_pigeon Posts: 783 Forumite
    edited 22 February 2011 at 5:51PM
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm looking for a room in central London for Saturday night (26th Feb) for me and my boyfriend. After hunting through most of this forum and lastminute.com I think the best I've come up with is what I think is the Hyatt Regency London - the Churchill (Elegant, deluxe 5-star hotel in West End) for £139. Does this sound like a good deal or does anyone have any better suggestions (under £150, not too modern)?
    Thanks, any help would be much appreciated!

That looks like a pretty good deal. There's a couple of non-modern 4* that are good and £10-15 cheaper but not quite as conveniently located.

"Intimate and Luxury Boutique Hotel in Hyde Park" - The Royal Park hotel £126.99
    "Comfort and Style in South Kensington" - The Cranley £126.99
  • apmac
    apmac Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Pelican for your help. I have looked again today and the Hilton is still the same price, although I hadn't realised until yesterday how far out it is - is it near the tube? It's just we kind of wanted to be able to walk to some places but I guess that's not a priority.
    A new hotel just appeared today though - "Rooms with a view in Docklands" It doesn't appear to have been revealed but pretty sure it's the International Hotel by the description. Has anyone stayed here or heard if it's any good? It's coming up at £79 so looks a great deal...
  • Pelican_eats_pigeon
    Options
    apmac wrote: »
    Thanks Pelican for your help. I have looked again today and the Hilton is still the same price, although I hadn't realised until yesterday how far out it is - is it near the tube? It's just we kind of wanted to be able to walk to some places but I guess that's not a priority.
    It's about 3 mins to Shepherd's Bush tube, which also happens to be next to the entrance to Westfield. It's the central line, so it takes you straight to Oxford St/Theatreland in about 10-15 minutes. If you fancy a slightly nicer walk you can also go to Holland Park tube in about 7 mins.
    apmac wrote: »
    A new hotel just appeared today though - "Rooms with a view in Docklands" It doesn't appear to have been revealed but pretty sure it's the International Hotel by the description. Has anyone stayed here or heard if it's any good? It's coming up at £79 so looks a great deal...
    Definitely is the Britannia International, I personally wouldn't stay there (not the best hotel), and I think you'll find it more of a pain to get to Canary Wharf than Shepherd's Bush.
  • neddub1
    Options
    Hi

As you can see this is my first post. The above hotel is offered as a secret hotel on lastminute.com. They are offering it at £230 for 18th and 19th March.

Can someone please advise if we know what hotel this relates to and if this a good price or should I wait till nearer the time. I am looking for a central location with a bit of luxury as its a birthday treat.

I've tried some bits of the description in Google with no luck.

Thanks in anticipation.

This luxurious and elegant hotel in Central London is the place to stay during your visit to the capital! The hotel features three restaurants and a 24-hour bar where you can enjoy all your favourite drinks. Guests can use the luxurious health club and indoor swimming pool, steam and sauna free of charge during their stay. Discover this city by day and night.

hotel name and address: this information will be provided on your confirmation e-mail
    Business facilities

audio/visual equipment
    banqueting centre
    internet
    business centre
    conference rooms
    flipchart
    meeting rooms
    photocopying
    tv
    Children facilities

babysitting
    children's menu
    cot on request
    crib on request
    high chairs
    Disabled facilities

accessible rooms
    Hotel facilities

24 hour security
    air conditioning
    air-conditioning in public areas
    airport transfers
    banqueting facilities
    city tours
    dry cleaning
    elevator/lift
    free newspaper
    laundry
    limousine service
    lobby bar
    luggage room
    night porter
    porter
    private car transfers
    reception (24 hours)
    safety deposit boxes
    theatre reservations
    tour desk
    wireless internet
    free internet in the lobby
    24 hour concierge
    Leisure facilities

fitness center
    gym
    indoor pool
    Room facilities

room service
    air conditioning
    cable television
    complimentary toiletries
    connecting rooms
    double-glazed windows
    flat screen lcd tv
    telephone
    voicemail
    work desk with lamp
    modem access
    hairdryer
    mini-bar
    pay tv
    iron & ironing board
    safe
    private bathroom with bath/shower
    Smoking policy

smoking not permitted
    Check-in time: 14:00 Check-out time: 11:00

Local Attractions

river thames
    national gallery
    west end
    trafalgar square
    city of london
    covent garden
    st paul's cathedral
    nearest airport: london city apt
  • Pelican_eats_pigeon
    Options
    neddub1 wrote: »
    "Amazing city hotel with luxury spa &pool"
    Hi

As you can see this is my first post. The above hotel is offered as a secret hotel on lastminute.com. They are offering it at £230 for 18th and 19th March.

Can someone please advise if we know what hotel this relates to and if this a good price or should I wait till nearer the time. I am looking for a central location with a bit of luxury as its a birthday treat.

Thanks in anticipation.

This luxurious and elegant hotel in Central London is the place to stay during your visit to the capital! The hotel features three restaurants and a 24-hour bar where you can enjoy all your favourite drinks. Guests can use the luxurious health club and indoor swimming pool, steam and sauna free of charge during their stay. Discover this city by day and night.

If you'd googled the title as written on lastminute you would have seen straight away that it's the Grange St Pauls ;)

http://www.google.co.uk/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENUK353&=&q=%22amazing+city+hotel+with+luxury+spa+%26pool%22&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq= - the 8th result down.

It's a decent hotel but it is more of a good 4* than a true 5*, especially when it comes to standards of service. £115/nt is an OK rate but there is a chance it could come down to £99/nt which would make it reasonable value.
  • I just booked "Elegant, deluxe 5-star hotel in West End" and it was Hyatt Regency The Churchill, not that anyone had any doubt! Thanks for all your help and for this great thread!
  • avocetgirl
    Options
    neddub1 wrote: »
    Hi

Thanks in anticipation.

hotel name and address: this information will be provided on your confirmation e-mail
    Business facilities

audio/visual equipment
    banqueting centre
    internet
    business centre
    conference rooms
    flipchart
    meeting rooms
    photocopying
    tv
    Children facilities

babysitting
    children's menu
    cot on request
    crib on request
    high chairs
    Disabled facilities

accessible rooms
    Hotel facilities

24 hour security
    air conditioning
    air-conditioning in public areas
    airport transfers
    banqueting facilities
    city tours
    dry cleaning
    elevator/lift
    free newspaper
    laundry
    limousine service
    lobby bar
    luggage room
    night porter
    porter
    private car transfers
    reception (24 hours)
    safety deposit boxes
    theatre reservations
    tour desk
    wireless internet
    free internet in the lobby
    24 hour concierge
    Leisure facilities

fitness center
    gym
    indoor pool
    Room facilities

room service
    air conditioning
    cable television
    complimentary toiletries
    connecting rooms
    double-glazed windows
    flat screen lcd tv
    telephone
    voicemail
    work desk with lamp
    modem access
    hairdryer
    mini-bar
    pay tv
    iron & ironing board
    safe
    private bathroom with bath/shower
    Smoking policy

smoking not permitted
    Check-in time: 14:00 Check-out time: 11:00

Local Attractions

river thames
    national gallery
    west end
    trafalgar square
    city of london
    covent garden
    st paul's cathedral
    nearest airport: london city apt

Just booked this for this weekend (Sunday evening!) and it is Grange, St Pauls! £228 a night but we got it for £99!!!!!! So excited about our night away! :j This thread is fanastic!
  • apmac
    apmac Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    ok, getting a bit frustrated now!

I called the hilton kensington - got a woman in a call centre i could hardly hear or understand and she said we can't have a cot in the room?!! I asked what people with babies do and she said we would need to book a separate room for the wee one!!

Today the Pestana Chelsea Bridge came on at £99 (Amazing Offers in new, modern Chelsea hotel - 4* - London) so I called them and breakfast is £18.50 each which puts them right out of our £100 ish budget!

Does anyone have any suggestions or heard of any good deals for this weekend (this sat night for 3 nights) - as far as I can see the rest of the top secret deals under £100 are big no-nos!

Any help appreciated, thanks!
  • apt
    apt Posts: 3,189 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Superbreak has the Leonard for £100 per night including breakfast. You can get a further 8% off by booking via topcashback etc. Also, unlike lastminute, they don't charge extra for credit cards.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback