Santander £185 Switch Offer: 18/03/24

Options
From Santander website:

Switch to Santander Edge, Santander Edge Up, Everyday 

or Private (v2) current account and get £185

Switch using the current account switch service. Within 60 days of telling us to switch your account, set up 2 active Direct Debits and pay in £1,500. Sorry we can’t offer this if you’ve received a Santander switcher incentive before.

Comments

• Lumiona
    Lumiona Posts: 238 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I have been with Santander for years but haven't had any incentives from them so I'm planning on giving it a try, however the website is saying that current customers have to do the switch in branch which seems bizarre.
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,907 Forumite
    Options
    I see that you need to set up 2 active direct debits. In previous switches of mine, the 2 active direct debits had to be on the account being switched.

Fortunately I have spare accounts with and without direct debits.
  • overspender22
    overspender22 Posts: 194 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You can switch into an existing Santander account and get the switch offer by calling them up - no need to go into branch. I did this in 2022. 

On YouGov when I add my existing Santander account it shows as ‘Santander Switcher’, so existing accounts definitely have a flag on them to prevent ineligible switch bonuses. Not sure about accounts that were subsequently closed after receiving incentives. 
  • DJSINGH
    DJSINGH Posts: 176 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I got the amazon vouchers 5 years ago. Presume that counts as a previous incentive...!
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,642 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    I'm disappointed they're not allowing existing 123 and 123 lite customers to "upgrade" to either Edge account and gain the bonus🙄.
  • Lumiona
    Lumiona Posts: 238 Forumite
    edited 18 March at 3:29PM
    Options
    I've done it online, lets see how I get on. :# Everyday Ac set up to switch on 26th
  • Tonski
    Tonski Posts: 47 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 18 March at 3:28PM
    Options
    How long do the Santander switch offers usually hang around for? I've done quite a few switches recently from Chase for the Natwest/RBS/Ulster deals so don't really want to use another one of them so soon. I have a TSB account with 2 direct debits already set up but need to wait for them to pay out first for that switch which hopefully should be by 29th March.
  • FreeFallerSaver
    FreeFallerSaver Posts: 63 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I do wonder whether the, "if you've ever had a switch bonus before" disqualification will just become the norm with these offers in future, rather than any arbitrary cut off date.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback