Progress not Perfection

Options
Happy New Year!

I thought it was about time I started a new diary. I've been on these diaries since 2008. My last diary is here Things can only get better 

My first diary is here Champagne Lifestyle Lemonade Budget and the one after that here Looking for the Silver Lining.

That's a hell of a lot of waffle over the years 😆

To cut a long story short, I've never been in massive debt, £5k at the most on credit cards, paid it off bit by bit. My life changed drastically 9 years ago when my OH (aka Mr SA) suddenly became ill with Primary Central Nervous System Lymphoma (a form of brain tumour). He nearly lost his life but is still here, albeit with brain damage and limited mobility and he's no longer able to work so I'm the breadwinner now.

I keep a diary to keep me on the straight and narrow and it gives me a chance to get my thoughts down which helps me massively mental health wise, I don't really get much chance to talk about things in real life.

I have 2 adult children, one still lives with us, 2 grandchildren, 1 dog and 2 cats. 

In 4 years time I'll be able to retire, which is pretty scary. I'm trying hard to build up savings after years of not being able to save a lot. I try to stick to my budgets as best I can. When Mr SA was working he was a terrible spendthrift which led to the credit card debt - things are a lot better on that front now.

I love exercising, trying new recipes, reading, learning Spanish and my holidays. 

My mantra is Progress not Perfection, hence the title of the diary. Any progress is progress no matter how small.
Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £

Comments

• Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,059 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Subscribed. :) Happy new diary SA. :)
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport