Great Laser Eye Surgery Hunt

Options

Comments

• marko4ever25
    Options
    hi there ive been offered a deal for both eyes (lasik) for a total of £1,090 do u think i should go for this or should i hold of for a bogof offer from optimax? has anyone had a bogof offer from optimax recently?
  • dazco
    dazco Posts: 19,261 Forumite
    Options
    hi there ive been offered a deal for both eyes (lasik) for a total of £1,090 do u think i should go for this or should i hold of for a bogof offer from optimax? has anyone had a bogof offer from optimax recently?
    I had this done by optimax Brilliant!

I really believe that if you email somebody in charge and offer them a grand or whatever ( let them know you have had other offers ) then they would take it.

It actually takes about an hour out of Optimax`s time in total.

They do seem quite sales orientated.

My advise....get it done asap before long sunny days come back. It was light that hurt me for the first 12 hours and that was in winter.
    S!!!!horpe
  • marko4ever25
    Options
    dazco wrote:
    I had this done by optimax Brilliant!

I really believe that if you email somebody in charge and offer them a grand or whatever ( let them know you have had other offers ) then they would take it.

It actually takes about an hour out of Optimax`s time in total.

They do seem quite sales orientated.

My advise....get it done asap before long sunny days come back. It was light that hurt me for the first 12 hours and that was in winter.

how much did you pay
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 239 Forumite
    Options
    I also used the eBay offer bid for in August at the price of £795 and just used in 24th Feb.

About two weeks ago I had an after care appointment, I now have 20/20 in my left eye but not quite in my right.

But they say it will improve further so should be better then 20/20.

Eyesight without glases is amazing ! Was painfull ish for about 12hours only took 1 of the 4 painkillers but slept alot and have some really weird dreams from the sleeping tablets!
  • dazco
    dazco Posts: 19,261 Forumite
    Options
    I bid 795 for both eyes but ended up paying 1100 for lasik. Perfect now.

But I did clock people coming in to the reception with all kinds of offers.
    S!!!!horpe
  • liberty6201
    liberty6201 Posts: 42 Forumite
    Options
    Hi i am ue to have laser surgery (lasik) on Friday but can not get any travle insurance to cover me. Anyone know of any that may be able to help? I am going to South Africa in August so don't know what to do now. part of me thinks i have been waiting years already so a few more moths won't matter but i was hoping to try for another baby on the summer so would have to put it off for a few years i think. this just feels so disappointing.
  • tranmererovers
    tranmererovers Posts: 2,313 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have received an e-mail today from Optical Express as follows
    Laser eye surgery – choose Europe’s number 1 provider and change your life from only £395 per eye!
    Affordable eye care is our primary focus, that’s why our consultation is completely free and our prices start at just £395 per eye. Plus, with 10 months interest free credit available (subject to status), there really has never been a better time to have laser eye surgery with Optical Express.

Please click here to request further information or call 08702 20 20 20 now quoting reference IPT270306 to book a FREE consultation, and join the 10 million people world wide who have already benefited from this life changing procedure.
    I have never used them (and don't currently have a need) so therefore can't give any personal views but the price seems pretty good (although it is 'starting from') and may be worth an enquiry

hth
    It's easier to get forgiveness than to ask permission ;)
  • marko4ever25
    Options
    #

has anyone had a deal from optimax recently? wots the cheapest anyone has paid for wavefront lasik?
  • salma
    salma Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    Hi All

I had my right eye done last monday with Optimax. I took the offer from ebay £895 for Epi-Lasek (but paid for the £300 upgrade for wavefront). This price was for both eyes but I was to chicken to have them both done at once.

Well worth it, it was painful after the initial anesthetic wore-off all i did was come home and go to bed. I took the next day off work but I was back at work on wednesday,

Had my aftercare appointment today and bandage lens removed. I could read the 2nd line from bottom on the eye chart. It works for me my prescription was -5.75 in my right eye before.

Can't wait to get my second eye done. Well worth every penny. I was going to go for Lasik but my eyes were not suitable so was told lasek was my only option. To be honest I am glad I did saved myself £400 and it didn't really hurt at all.

Asif
  • sainthalo
    sainthalo Posts: 503 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Asif have you had the other eye done yet? How is it going. Im thinking if optimax too and possibly there new emtosecond treatment laser. What do you think?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure