I have some questions:

What dog do you have?

Why did you get your dog?

Where did you get it?

What does it eat?

How much does it cost you weekly?

Do you leave it alone?

Work/holiday arrangements?

Do you do anything with it (agility/flyball etc)?

Anything else you'd like to say.

Comments

• sadie22
    sadie22 Posts: 205 Forumite
    Options
    LizD wrote: »
    I have some questions:

What dog do you have? 2 springer spaniels

Why did you get your dog? rescued one and felt he needed a friend so brought another to keep each other company, my dogs are my best friends i would ever have.

Where did you get it? rescue centre

What does it eat? bakers dry complete , low fat treats

How much does it cost you weekly? £7 plus £2 each for insurance, £3 treats & poop bags

Do you do anything with it (agility/flyball etc)? just long walks

Anything else you'd like to say. dogs are for life, i wouldnt change them for the world.
  • lillymay1975_2
    Options
    What dog do you have? 2 cocker spaniels

Why did you get your dog? cos i love um, lost my 14 year old labrador and also my 4 year old cocker 2 years ago

Where did you get it? carmathern and brecon 2 seperate breeders

What does it eat? asda own make pate dog food cheep as chips and bakers soft squidggy things

How much does it cost you weekly? pate is 22p a time they are fed once a day so 44p and bakers thingys are about £5 buy these once every 2 weeks

Do you leave it alone? no not much, not working at the mo

Work/holiday arrangements? none skint

Do you do anything with it (agility/flyball etc)? my youngest is great on clciker training, he's really clever, but just walking normally

Anything else you'd like to say. i love them both very much
  • Sagz_2
    Sagz_2 Posts: 6,251 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have some questions:

What dog do you have? 2 Lurchers and a Collie cross

Why did you get your dog? Companionship

Where did you get it? Dogs Trust Roden, Dogs Trust Shoreham, Dogs Trust Snetterton

What does it eat? Arden Grange complete food

How much does it cost you weekly? £3.60 for all 3

Do you leave it alone? Yes, youngest is destructive so have invested in a kennel in garden

Work/holiday arrangements? Dog sitter for holidays or if I work away

Do you do anything with it (agility/flyball etc)? Basic 'manners' training

A dog is for life! Go green and get a re-cycled dog from a rescue :T
    Some days you're the dog..... most days you're the tree! :D
  • bargainbird
    bargainbird Posts: 3,771 Forumite
    Options
    I have some questions:

What dog do you have? 3 - JRT, Patterdale Terrier, Bull Terrier

Why did you get your dog? I like the company

Where did you get it? Breeders

What does it eat? Wet and Dry Food

How much does it cost you weekly? Approx £10.00

Do you leave it alone? Yes

Work/holiday arrangements? In laws stay when we go away

Do you do anything with it (agility/flyball etc)? no

Anything else you'd like to say ---Why u ask ?
    You know your getting old when you
    go to the pub sit outside
    and admire the hanging basket :cool:
    Is officially 48% tight :D
  • ameliarate
    ameliarate Posts: 7,389 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What dog do you have? A fell terrier

Why did you get your dog? as company for our other dog, but ironically after a couple of years the started fighting and one has had to go to live with MIL.

Where did you get it? A breeder in Holmfirth

What does it eat? has been Bakers complete but lately she is getting fussy and won't eat it so thinking of changing it - any suggestions?

How much does it cost you weekly? Don't know have never calculated.

Do you leave it alone? had been most weekdays between 8 - 4 but have since moved in with partner so at the moment no, not for long periods.

Work/holiday arrangements? as above for work, for holidays have a wonderful friend who adores her (probably why she won't eat Bakers, she feeds her chops and gravy!)

Do you do anything with it (agility/flyball etc)? she loves to "fetch" her ball so do that inside and out.

Anything else you'd like to say I miss having two dogs, prior to them fighting it was wonderful watching them play together but since then the one who stayed with me is agressive to other dogs so I couldn't get another. Love hr to bits.

May I ask why you are asking?
    We don't stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing.
  • cluuuuur
    cluuuuur Posts: 188 Forumite
    Options
    What dog do you have? A staffordshire bull terrier and a cross collie

Why did you get your dog? always had dogs in the family, can't do without them!

Where did you get it? Staff as a private rescue, cross collie is fostered to us through a rescue

What does it eat? Burns or Chappie complete

How much does it cost you weekly? Not sure. More when we feed Burns though

Do you leave it alone? Yes - both are crate trained and left alone whilst we're at work

Work/holiday arrangements? See above. For holidays foster dog goes into kennels, or another member of the rescue could have her. Staffie most likely to stay with my Mum and Dad

Do you do anything with it (agility/flyball etc)? Training classes with both. Have done agility and flyball in the past, but not currently.

Anything else you'd like to say Well worth any hassle they cause :D
    "outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. inside of a dog, it's too dark to read" - Groucho Marx
  • Penny_Watcher
    Penny_Watcher Posts: 3,518 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I have some questions:

What dog do you have? I have 3 - 2 Lab X and a Dob/Collie X

Why did you get your dog? After years of [strike]asking[/strike] begging by OH & kids and a change in my working pattern (at home all day now) I gave in :D and we rescued #1. dog. #2. dog & #3 dog seemed to follow almost by accident :o:D.

Where did you get it? #1. dog Dogs' Trust. #2.dog via RSPCA. #3. dog from someone who works for OH who was about to take #3 dog to RSPCA because they couldn't cope at home with him.

What does it eat? Dried food and tinned pilchards in tomato sauce

How much does it cost you weekly? The food goes in with the general shopping so I don't keep count. Insurance is about £15 per month each.

Do you leave it alone? Sometimes, but for no more than a couple of hours. As there are three of them then they always have each other's company.

Work/holiday arrangements? Work's not applicable. Holiday arrangements are my Mum comes to stay.

Do you do anything with it (agility/flyball etc)? Other than basic training for mine and their safety no not really. The Labs love swimming though, so they are in the river a couple of times a week. Very good exercise.

Anything else you'd like to say. Erm...... no :D

You cannot live as I have lived an not end up like me.

Oi you lot - please :heart:GIVE BLOOD :heart: - you never know when you and yours might need it back! 67 pints so far.
  • daisykinn1
    daisykinn1 Posts: 245 Forumite
    Options
    What dog do you have? Border Terrier

Why did you get your dog? Had dogs in the household since I was 5 so I couldn't imagine living without one.

Where did you get it? Breeder - We've always had rescue dogs before but we really wanted a Border from a pup this time. Once we've bought a house we'll probably get a young rescue dog.

What does it eat? Mixture of wet butchers choice puppy mix & biscuits.

How much does it cost you weekly? Not sure we buy food in bulk, maybe £5-£7. Insurance is covered in the initial £160 I paid to the vets for injections, worming, flea treatment, puppy party etc etc

Do you leave it alone? He can be left for a few hours now he's big enough to be outside unsupervised, but he loves people so much we wouldn't leave him for any longer.

Work/holiday arrangements? Goes to work with my boyfriend - his job is based in the country.

Do you do anything with it (agility/flyball etc)? We're going to sign him up for agility if we can find the time, he LOVES tunnels & jumps.
  • cocoluvsmummy
    Options
    I have some questions:

What dog do you have? 5 1/2 year old collie lab X

Why did you get your dog? Because i wanted the company and to encourage the family to go out together more

Where did you get it? She was advertised in the local pet shop free to a good home

What does it eat? Bakers complete

How much does it cost you weekly? No idea, Buy massive bags of food when we need them, other costs are normal running costs, plus she is incontinet and had a swollen knee joint. quick estimate £7 a week (insurance, food, drugs)

Do you leave it alone? For shortish periods mostly, occasionally for 5 hours if i am on a course (this is rare)

Work/holiday arrangements? I work evenings, OH at home then, kids are teenagers so they help out, My dad comes if all other things fail

Do you do anything with it (agility/flyball etc)? nope, just normal playing / walking

dont regret getting her for a minute, also meant we bought a touring caravan so she could holiday with us and a bigger car
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What dog do you have? English bull terrier

Why did you get your dog? The first one was a mistake - offered to my mum, who just heard "terrier", was thinking Jack Russell type dog, and freaked when this scary looking mutt appeared in her front room. I just fell in love with the breed after that.

Where did you get it? Bull terrier rescue kennels run by a breeder, via Battersea dogs home.

What does it eat? James Wellbeloved dried food, due to assorted allergies

How much does it cost you weekly? A small fortune, due to lots of illnesses and destructive tendencies. Food £6, insurance £8, vets and other costs - trying not to think about.

Do you leave it alone? Unfortunately yes - was living at mum's when I got her, now living alone. I try to arrange for family to call in if I can, but she can be on her own for 7-8 hours at times.

Work/holiday arrangements? As above for work, kennels for holidays. I do shifts at work, so mum has her if I'm working over night - she's my timeshare dog.

Do you do anything with it (agility/flyball etc)? I wish!

Anything else you'd like to say. Dreading the day she dies, as I couldn't get another dog with my current working hours. Can't imagine being a dog free home though. Roll on early retirement.
    Are you doing a survey or something?
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure