Cross Stitch and Craft Cafe 2020

Options
Coxy11
Coxy11 Posts: 4,876 Forumite
Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
Hi everyone and welcome to the new thread for 2020! Pull up a chair and join us as we make some beautiful unique items for 2020.
We love to see photos of your latest creations so please share your progress with us all.
I will share my list of makes for 2020 in the next post. Not a huge list this year as I'm planning to walk JoGLE (John o'groats to Lands End) for charity from June to August with my DSis.
Looking forward to your company in 2020!
Coxy xx
Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24

Comments

• Coxy11
    edited 10 July 2020 at 6:47PM
    Options
    My list of makes for 2020:
    1.Cross stitcher in residence by Lizzie Kate
    2. Christmas Pots by Historical Sampler Company
    3. Pretty Little San Francisco by Satsuma Street
    4. Attic 24 Dune crocheted blanket*

* for DD to take to uni in Sept

So there it is, not a huge list but I work full time in an office, have gym membership and odeon limitless to contend with, so realistically my crafting is reduced to about two evenings a week now. I have started the Lizzie Kate design (last night) - took me ages to find the evenweave in my stash which just goes to show I need to declutter and tidy it all up!
    Coxy x
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • nmm
    nmm Posts: 2,382 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 19 October 2020 at 5:13PM
    Options
    Happy new thread, everyone :) Here is my list to start with, I will add more as I go along but that is enough for now :D I will be using as much of my stash as possible only purchasing any dmc colours i'm short on and some coloured card/aperture cards.

My List for 2020
    1. The Junction by John Clayton
    2. Dahlia Blanket CAL from Attic24 (using stash wool)
    3. Make atleast 1 card a month (either birthday or christmas)
    4. Make crochet items for charity - (20 poppies completed)
    5. Make 20 items on my Sewing Machine - (1/20)

Coxy, just googled your WIP, what a nice happy project to start the year with :j Yarndale is on 26th & 27th September 2020, I hope you can squeeze it in during your busy year. Good luck with everything you have planned.
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member No1WIP: Cross Stitch: Seascape Kit - Crochet:
  • Coxy11
    Options
    Ta-dah!!!
    https://flic.kr/p/2i6H5gg

Okay so it's a small project, but one thing crossed off my list already :) This is the bonus of having some time off work and nowhere to be!
    Typically, just like a Persian rug is never perfect, I went wrong and made the house one stitch too wide, so I've had to make the doorway wider doh! That's what comes from trying to stitch with my standard lamp daughter bulb and reading glasses instead of my magnifier. Oh well, not a problem. The darker blue windows and writing are not the correct colour as despite owning nearly a full set of DMC colours I didn't have that one!

nmm - loving your list and yes definitely on for Yarndale in September. I have had a look at trains and seems to be Kings Cross-Leeds then Leeds- Skipton for me which is 3.5 hours! Will look at accommodation or might drive up and use DSis's cottage near Thirsk to break the journey. How far is Skipton from you and will you stay over?

Hope everyone else who reads along might pop in and join us on our crafty journey this year.
    Coxy xx
  • nmm
    Options
    Well done coxy on the speedy finish, nice to cross something off the list, i didn't notice any errors ;) The exchange card used the new DMC colours that came out no's 14 & 16 I just substituted them as I don't own them. If i'm still living here by then its about 3.5 hours also with one change at Carlisle. It will probably be a day trip for me unless i'm living on a narrowboat in which case i'll moor up in Skipton :rotfl:
  • Coxy11
    Options
    Hello again,
    I'm feeling a bit despondent :( Got out the Christmas Pots design which I bought at Ally Pally about 8 years ago(!). Bought green aida about 6 years ago and have all the (10) colours needed in my stash. Realised that the Aida is too small for the design - its square and the design is rectangular. I'm really disappointed as had earmarked this afternoon/tonight to get started. Can't find the right green 16ct Aida online at present so willl need to delay starting this one for a bit :(
    Now drinking red wine :)
    Coxy x
  • nmm
    Options
    Oh that's a shame, atleast you have the threads in your stash, I hope you can find some replacement aida quickly.
  • Coxy11
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Back to work today (booooo!) and the office was cold at 16 degrees which is only just legal apparently. I wore my scarf all day, my colleague wore his coat lol! Have been told I can work at home tomorrow so at least I will be warm :)
    I contacted the Historical Sampler Co and had a nice email back saying they wouldn't just sell me the fabric - fair enough I guess - so I've managed to source some 32 ct green evenweave from Willow Fabrics. They are on a break until Thursday so doubt I will get it for another week or so.
    In the meantime I am going to sort out fabric and threads for Pretty Little San Francisco. What's the betting I don't have all the colours I need :rotfl:
    Coxy xx
  • sweetcarer
    sweetcarer Posts: 1,083 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sneaking in here.

Hello everyone,

Hope you are all well. Been missing in action for a wee while but thought I pop in and say HI!

Been stitching away as usual - will post some pictures when I get home from work.

So have a nice new year when it comes, if I don't come back before then.

Kind wishes,
    sweetcarer ;)
    :j cross stitch forever, housework whenever :j
  • Coxy11
    Options
    Hi everyone and good to 'see' you Sweetcarer xx
    I have worked from home today and bosses just said to switch off laptop so I have the afternoon to myself. DH and I need to pop into town for light bulbs, matches and I need my glasses tightened up at the opticians. We lead such exciting lives :rotfl:
    We are at friend's tonight after speaking with parents and siblings on the phone.
    Wishing all who pop in or read along a very happy and healthy new year. New decade which is exciting too!
    See you all next year :beer:
    Coxy xx
  • nmm
    Options
    Would just like to wish you all a happy new year, I hope its fully of crafty makes and fun times :beer:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure