Cross Stitch and Craft Cafe 2020

Options

Comments

• nmm
    nmm Posts: 2,382 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    My first finish of 2020, a hanging welcome sign just have to mount it, it was the free gift with the last CSC mag.

49311531853_2ff2b8f8f2_o.jpg
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member No1WIP: Cross Stitch: Seascape Kit - Crochet:
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,887 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Oh nmm lovely finish, so pretty! Is that for you or is it a gift?
    I sorted out threads for PL San Francisco last night and have a few missing. Need to check I haven't taken them for the Christmas Pots design before I place an order. It's been ages since I last ordered any threads. Any recommendations gratefully received :)
    We are off to the cinema tonight to see JoJo Rabbit - a satirical take on the Hitler Youth Movement - mixed reviews and one I wouldn't have necessarily paid to see if I didn't have limitless. It starts at 20:50 - on a school night :eek:
    I was at work today and no bosses in - didn't know this and could've worked at home had they told me which is a little frustrating. Oh well, won't be rushing in tomorrow which is just as well as doubt I'll be in bed before midnight!
    Have a good evening all
    Coxy x
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Into the Water by Paula Hawkins 14/24
  • nmm
    Options
    I'll probably keep this one, as for threads since Sew & So closed I just use ebay, can usually get 5 PYO colours for around £3. Have a nice time at the Cinema.
  • Coxy11
    Options
    Hi all,
    I've had an email from Willow Fabrics to say my order has been dispatched yippee :j
    No crafting again tonight as had to go out for dinner with DH as DS2 and 10 (yes 10) friends had taken over the kitchen. Last day of the holidays and they ordered dominoes and went through a 24 slab of Pepsi max :eek:
    Nice new steak place has opened in town so that was an unexpected treat. Would totally recommend the film JoJo Rabbit - very funny and also poignant. Off to see The Gentlemen tomorrow night :)
    Hoping to post some crafty progress soon and keep the thread on topic :o
    Have a good evening all,
    Coxy xx
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Into the Water by Paula Hawkins 14/24
  • nmm
    Options
    Sounds like you're having a fab time atm, you mentioned your fabric order so that is on topic :rotfl: I put all my christmas card leftover threads back on their bobbins and put them away today, ready to start my next project. The Dahlia Blanket CAL also started today and I haven't even sorted the wool out yet.
  • Coxy11
    Options
    Hi all, hope your weekend has been good :)
    We went to see The Gentlemen last night - typical Guy Ritchie film with bad language but a good story and Hugh grant like you've never seen him before :rotfl:
    I received my evenweave from Willow Fabrics yesterday - really pleased with both the quality and the service, given they were on Christmas break until Thursday. I started the Christmas Pots design tonight. Have noticed that one of the shades (317) is listed as blue on the chart when it's in fact a pewter grey. Still looks nice though and I'm pleased with my limited progress today.
    Will post a photo tomorrow when I hope to do a bit more :T
    Ordered my missing threads (12!!!) from LoveCrafts.com the new home for Sew and So. So can crack on with PL SF once the pots are done.
    Oooooo nmm a CAL - wouldn't work for me unfortunately due to lack of time but love the colours Lucy is using. Did you get the pack from wool warehouse? Please post progress soon #jealous
    Have a good evening all,
    Coxy xx
  • nmm
    Options
    Evening Coxy :) No I haven't bought the wool pack from WW, last year I bought 20kg of wool to resell, I still have loads left so i'm going use that, I think there is about 6-8 different colours in similar shades to Lucy's so i'll do a stripe pattern using those. Tomorrow I will get them sorted and photographed, my K&N group starts back on Tuesday I can probably start the blanket there. I have sorted all the thread and fabric for the Junction, not only does it have petite stitches but also colour blending, haha it will be my toughest project ever thankfully its only 170w x 120h stitches (13" x 10" approx.)
  • nmm
    Options
    The wool photo as promised only 7 colours, not sure about the tan colour 2nd from left although I googled Dahlia's and there are some that shade, I have asked Lucy what she thinks on her FB page. At least I have enough wool for the blanket :rotfl: Sorry about the dark photos it's been very dull and wet here today.

49340432212_342446286a_o.jpg
  • Coxy11
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    First photo of Christmas Pots:
    https://flic.kr/p/2icjMJK
    I'm really pleased with the fabric and working with evenweave is so lovely. I think this is going to be a pleasant stitch! I will of course backtrack on that once the confetti snow stitching comes into play :rotfl:
    I received my threads for PL SF yesterday and silly me ordered 2 skeins of 3774 because I'm a numpty! Will wind these onto bobbins when I get a moment.
    Gym tonight and seeing 1917 tomorrow night with DH and DS2. It's all go!
    Nmm - I love the colours you have chosen for the CAL. Did Lucy reply? Wow to all that wool but good that you didn't need to buy anything for this project :money:
    Off to work now - would rather be stitching ;)
    Coxy xx
  • tricksie
    tricksie Posts: 212 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I haven't been active on MSE for a number of years but off work after a knee replacement and thought I'd pop in and see who's still around! Three familiar names which is lovely to see.
    Still stitching and started "The Luncheon at the Boating Party" by Renoir yesterday, a very old DMC kit that was lurking at the bottom of my workbox.
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member Number 44
    :rudolf:Cross Stitch Is For Life Not Just For Christmas :rudolf:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport