NST December: Festive Fun

Options
misstara
misstara Posts: 3,883 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
edited 29 November 2019 at 7:24PM in Debt-free wannabe challenges
Welcome to the December 2019 NST challenge.

Foodbank/charity donation - add a few items when you're doing a food shop or buy a gift to donate. A local charity here collects gifts to give to deprived children at Christmas so going to buy something to donate.
Eat well - It can be very difficult to eat well over the festive period with all the lovely food around so enjoy but don't over-indulge.
Savings/debt repayment. Pay to your debt or savings first and live off what is left. Aim to pay 10% extra this month.
Treat yourself - Make sure you take time for yourself during December. Relax and read a book, have a bubble bath, light some candles, etc.
Invitations - Accept a maximum of 2 invitations during December. Works night out, panto, girls night out, whatever you have planned, set a budget and stick to it.
Very merry Christmas - Don't get sucked into all the consumerism that surrounds Christmas, set your budgets for presents, food, etc and stick to them.
Exercise - At this time of year, it can be difficult to motivate yourself to get out the house and exercise. Aim for at least 10 minutes outside, even just a short walk around the block.

Fun - Think of fun things to do during December, preferably free. Wander round a Christmas market, watch a Christmas movie, make mince pies, etc.
Understand what motivates you - Think about what you want to achieve next year and why. How will you achieve your goals?
NSDs - Aim for 15 NSDs. Usual rules apply, you won't lose a NSD for ys items, petrol or medical reasons.

Who wants to join in?
Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10814.10/£15000 (72.1% saved). Emergency fund - £1562.44/£2000 (78.1% saved).

Comments

• misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 7 December 2019 at 3:21PM
    Options
    Reserved for turtles
    1 misstara
    2 crazy_cat_lady
    3 DawnW
    4 Moneybelle37
    5 XSpender
    6 Toni'sfriend
    7 shabbychic12
    8 applemucher
    9 green
    10 Karmacat
    11 mothernerd
    12 Deni debt-free dreamer
    13 498Louise
    14 dolly84
    15 f0xh0les
    16 facethemusic
    17 ditty1234
    18 Icc86
    19 delta13
    20 abundant1972
    21 SSDD23
    22 Calling14
    23 Fmess
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10814.10/£15000 (72.1% saved). Emergency fund - £1562.44/£2000 (78.1% saved).
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    I'm in please! xxx
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,453 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes please :)
  • Moneybelle37
    Options
    I’d like to join in please. Feeling confident x
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Count me in :)
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • Toni'sfriend
    Options
    I'm off on holiday tomorrow but can I join you from 14th December onwards?
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • shabbychic12
    Options
    Please add me for the last of 2019 x
    Count down to retirement 2023
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,754 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Count me in! Thanks misstara!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Count me in please! Thank you :) x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Foodbank/charity donation - will add some treat type things into fbank collection next week so there is time for it to be sorted/ given
    Eat well - am (generally) eating more f&v and less white carbs in the run up to Xmas - hopefully meaning a loss of lbs by the end of the month, even with Xmas week
    Savings/debt repayment. Pay to your debt or savings first and live off what is left. Aim to pay 10% extra this month. - oof! Will make sure all CCs are repaid in full. Stos and ddrs take care of savings and OH has just started a SAYE with work which will take care of most of the 10% increase for savings. Have a (new) target for BTL mtge by end of year which will mean an extra OP, so that's my aim for the month :)
    Treat yourself - Make sure you take time for yourself during December. Relax and read a book, have a bubble bath, light some candles, etc. - candles will definitely be lit. Not too much planned for me, but it's running around after everyone else which uses up the time & energy!
    Invitations - Accept a maximum of 2 invitations during December. Works night out, panto, girls night out, whatever you have planned, set a budget and stick to it. - have a lunch out next week (planned & budgeted) and then we have a family (the 6 of us) escape room experience in Twixmas. Oooh - and I'm going to the cathedral with friends to listen to a performance of The Messiah :)
    Very merry Christmas - Don't get sucked into all the consumerism that surrounds Christmas, set your budgets for presents, food, etc and stick to them. - should be fine
    Exercise - At this time of year, it can be difficult to motivate yourself to get out the house and exercise. Aim for at least 10 minutes outside, even just a short walk around the block. - really need to do this bit.....

Fun - Think of fun things to do during December, preferably free. Wander round a Christmas market, watch a Christmas movie, make mince pies, etc. - cathedral service, Xmas carol service (am not religious, but love a good carol service :D), decorating the trees and rooms with the kids, some cheesy Xmas films and the escape rooms (family outing instead of panto. Plan some walks up the common too)
    Understand what motivates you - Think about what you want to achieve next year and why. How will you achieve your goals? - need to give goals and plans some thought during the month
    NSDs - Aim for 15 NSDs. - I rarely achieve this :o- but also rarely bust budgets at the same time:p

10 days where I'm at work in Dec (spread over 3 weeks)
    2 student offspring returning home mid-month
    1 birthday of eldest offspring mid-month
    too many nights away with work for OH...
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport