What's the worst thing your pet has done?

Options
JackCork
JackCork Posts: 255 Forumite
First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
edited 30 May 2019 at 9:54AM in Pets & pet care
i would say the worst thing is that just before i was meant to be handing a book back to my school library , the dog ripped off the front cover , quite embarrassing , also the dog peed on my brothers bed when he got scared about heavy rain.
[purplesignup][/purplesignup]
If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• MovingForwards
    Options
    I had two gerbils and three cats.

One gerbil decided to scalp the other, after living happily together for a few years, resulting in its death.

A few weeks later my cats sussed out how to open the living room door.

I came home to three cats and a broken open gerbil cage.....

Karma at its finest I guess you could say.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,867 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 23 February 2019 at 9:37PM
    Options
    JackCork wrote: »
    i would say the worst thing is that just before i was meant to be handing a book back to my school library , the dog ripped off the front cover , quite embarrassing , also the dog peed on my brothers bed when he got scared about heavy rain.

Is that all? You've got away very lightly then.
    Also define what you mean by worst - most expensive, most embarrassing, the one that got you in trouble with the law?
    But as you never come back to any of the threads and clearly don't care about the answers, not going to waste any more time.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • pramsay13
    pramsay13 Posts: 1,961 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My dog chewed a page of my passport. Unfortunately, that means having to get a whole new passport.
  • Trina90
    Trina90 Posts: 541 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    We have 2 cats. One likes to pee in stupid places (on any kind of mat or in the laundry basket) but thankfully this is just a very occasional thing. The other likes to steal food. They both know they aren't allowed on the kitchen sides, but they're cats - they don't care what the rules are. They do it when our backs are turned in another room. No food is off limits - they'll eat anything even if it kills them.. so we've learnt to be very careful about leaving any food out.
    Mortgage started 2015: £150,000 2016: £130,000 2017: £116,000 2018: £105,000 2019: £88,000 2020: £69,000 2021: £51,195 2023: MORTGAGE FREE!
  • JGB1955
    JGB1955 Posts: 3,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Chasing some chickens and coming away with their tail feathers in his mouth...
    #2 Saving for Christmas 2024 - £1 a day challenge. £325 of £366
  • KateBob
    KateBob Posts: 1,789 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Either the time I had to write a note for my daughter's teacher explaining the bite marks in her homework, the cat had genuinely tried to eat it!

Or the time the cat knocked a glass of water off the side in the kitchen and my daughter walked into it without noticing, looked like a scene from a horror movie.
    Kate short for Bob.

Alphabet thread High Priestess of all things unsavoury

Tesla was a genius.
  • Fosterdog
    Fosterdog Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My current dogs have been pretty good really, a few of their own beds destroyed and nothing can be left on the worktops or it wont be there when we get back but nothing drastic from them.

One of my old dogs was an escape artist, one time she turned the key in the lock of the back door and let herself out. Cue a call from someone a few streets away (we always make sure they have their tags on with our details) saying she was in their garden and was shut in there safe, we rush home from shopping where we'd been less than an hour, grab a lead from our house and head to where she was being kept. We get there to an apologetic lady, the dog had only cleared her 8ft fence and escaped again. Panic ensues and we spend an hour searching the streets for her. Head home to get some water and make a find the dog plan to find her curled up asleep in her bed, this time we had closed the back door but not locked it so she opened it again to let herself back in while we were searching for her.

Another time she rattled the back door until the bolts (3 bolts, top, middle, and bottom to try and keep her in) work themselves open, turned the key and wandered to my brother and sister in laws a few doors away, it was a Sunday and they were about to put their meat in to cook for a roast but she crept in and stole the joint from the counter and devoured the lot.

Yet another time ( after we started taking the key out of the back door after locking it so she couldn't turn it to unlock it) she opened three internal doors, got to the hallway and reached up to open the Yale lock and let herself and our foster dog out. Our neighbours saw our foster dog and our front door wide open so put him in and shut our door. They didn't see her so she went on another wander. 9 hours she was missing with us frantic, thinking we'd never see her again. A kind teenager turned up on our doorstep with her around 7pm (again thanks to her tag with our details) she had met a group of kids on her travels and spent the day playing with them and went on an adventure along the river with them, one of the kids took her home and his teenage brother saw our address and brought her home.

I've never known a dog to escape as much as her but when we adopted her from rescue it was because she kept escaping from her home and getting into a farmers field of sheep, she never hurt them but the farmer was the families landlord and told them if she ever went in his fields again she'd be shot. She'd been to the pound several times already when found straying to the point the dog warden knew her well. The day after the threat from the farmer she got out again and ended up in the pound so the family signed her over to them and we got her.

Despite her wandering nature though she was the best dog, I've never had a dog like her before and probably never will again, she was our soul dog.
  • jackomdj
    jackomdj Posts: 3,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The one and only time our old dog chewed anything, it was my partners very expensive Oakley sunglasses.
  • Tom99
    Tom99 Posts: 5,371 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Our dog once jumped out of a 1st floor window because he could see my wife in the front garden.
  • jenny-wren
    Options
    A colleague's dog found her bingo markers and gave them a good chew. She lived in a rented house at the time with cream carpets. The dog was blue. The carpets were blue. I do believe he also found the curtain tie backs and skirting boards to be rather tasty.

Whilst our cat has impeccable behaviour (i.e. she's far too fat and lazy to be bothered doing anything naughty), our neighbour's cat likes to catch the local wildlife, bring it in through his cat flap, and leave whatever bits don't taste too good somewhere in the house ... usually just inside the front door or under a bed.
    Norn Iron Club Member 330 ;)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure