What's the worst thing your pet has done?

Options

Comments

• tesuhoha
    tesuhoha Posts: 17,971 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 25 June 2019 at 4:25PM
    Options
    Where to start? My tabby cat always races me upstairs at bedtime to get into our bedroom. I always try to shut the door on her because she has a habit of coming up to me when I am in bed asleep and licking my eyelids. My husband lets her into the room in the middle of the night when she makes lots of noise but then she doesn't do it to him.

Recently the two cats had a punch up and knocked a full mug of scalding tea into my husband's lap.

My bengal cat squeezed into a tiny hole in the understairs cupboard and got lost underneath the floorboards. My husband had to take up floorboards to find her and then she wouldn't come out. I put some roast pork down for her to tempt her out and she hooked it with her paw and pulled it down. It took Dreamies to get her out. She also climbed the ladder into the loft and was stuck up there for hours.

The tabby cat over time has scratched a large hole in my leather sofa. Kitchen roll cannot be left out as my bengal rips it to pieces and now she has found a way to open the cupboard where it is kept and takes it out.

Also my bengal came into the dining room and vomited under the dining table whilst I was in the middle of a dinner party. One of the guests was a cat hater anyway. She is sick quite frequently. Another time she vomited and it was full of dead bluebottles.

I was eating a pork chop the other night and she suddenly grabbed the fat from my plate and made off with it. She also likes stealing berry fruit and dragging the cartons away, not sure why.

She fell off the banister and fell all the way down to the hall - luckily unhurt. When I do a painting my tabby tries to drink my dirty paint water and the bengal always manages to get paint on her paws and walk across my work. Em - that's just for starters.
    The forest would be very silent if no birds sang except for the birds that sang the best

• tesuhoha
    tesuhoha Posts: 17,971 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Had a dog which ate a skewer of meat at a BBQ. Had to rush him to hospital for emergency surgery and that resulted in a £2,000 vet bill. He's not allowed at BBQs anymore.

My friend's dog ate leftover turkey bits that had been left in the porch, equivalent to almost a whole turkey (don't ask) and she was so sick she almost died of liver failure. That cost them thousands too.
    The forest would be very silent if no birds sang except for the birds that sang the best

• Igilao
    Igilao Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    I have only one dog but when he acts, he's like 2 or more dogs. Sometimes I got stressed on him. The worst thing he did was he peed on my bed and he bitten the pillows until punctured. Sometimes, I beat him a slipper and a while I feel guilty because I know he was just a dog and he didn't know what he did.
  • CorrineCoo
    CorrineCoo Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Okay pass the sick bucket but my pooch never did anything wrong. No moods, no naughties that frankly weren't down to my own oversight or my own fault...and few of those. Just fun, cute, cheeky and very well behaved.
  • CorrineCoo
    Options
    tesuhoha wrote: »
    Where to start? My tabby cat always races me upstairs at bedtime to get into our bedroom. I always try to shut the door on her because she has a habit of coming up to me when I am in bed asleep and licking my eyelids. My husband lets her into the room in the middle of the night when she makes lots of noise but then she doesn't do it to him.

Recently the two cats had a punch up and knocked a full mug of scalding tea into my husband's lap.

My bengal cat squeezed into a tiny hole in the understairs cupboard and got lost underneath the floorboards. My husband had to take up floorboards to find her and then she wouldn't come out. I put some roast pork down for her to tempt her out and she hooked it with her paw and pulled it down. It took Dreamies to get her out. She also climbed the ladder into the loft and was stuck up there for hours.

The tabby cat over time has scratched a large hole in my leather sofa. Kitchen roll cannot be left out as my bengal rips it to pieces and now she has found a way to open the cupboard where it is kept and takes it out.

Also my bengal came into the dining room and vomited under the dining table whilst I was in the middle of a dinner party. One of the guests was a cat hater anyway. She is sick quite frequently. Another time she vomited and it was full of dead bluebottles.

I was eating a pork chop the other night and she suddenly grabbed the fat from my plate and made off with it. She also likes stealing berry fruit and dragging the cartons away, not sure why.

She fell off the banister and fell all the way down to the hall - luckily unhurt. When I do a painting my tabby tries to drink my dirty paint water and the bengal always manages to get paint on her paws and walk across my work. Em - that's just for starters.

Ha ha! this should be a reality show.
  • CorrineCoo
    Options
    Last year, my 12 years old cat waked up with different health. She urinated on the couch, rugs and sofa before reaching her litter. As a few of my guests were about to come to my home, and it was challenging for me to do entire cleaning. I managed to clear all surface and sofa in a small amount of time. After the departure of the guest, I did online research and found an article that was referring to the incontinence of cats in old ages. Later, I monitor the food intake and used medicine on the advice of the vet. I also found this article ( ourfitpets.com/health/cats-with-incontinence ) very helpful in this whole situation. I am not going to blame the poor cat for this severe situation because urinary incontinence and leaks are common for elderly cats.
    I watched a show (Judge Judy if you're asking) where a guy starved a puppy for a week because the puppy had the nerve to wee anywhere it saw fit without training or the benefit of someone with a brain in the family. Thank goodness you are not one of those idiots.
  • Fiftynotout
    Options
    One red faced owner - Nice stroll in the neighbourhood with Labrador. Friendly postman knocks on a door and as the householder opens the door my dog runs into her house. Householder grabs her by the collar to move her out of her hallway when dog decides to bolt for freedom. Householder falls flat on her back, housecoat falls open and naked lady on full view of postman and people passing.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    When I had a husky puppy (she went back) she howled all night, kept us awake for a week. Covered herself and the cage and bedding in pee and s**t so I was up every 2 hours cleaning the lot. Then when I put her in the playpen, she escaped and when I got home, the office was covered in it.

She was returned and I lost the money + costs for supplies/cages. However I made the best decision and am happy with my 9 year old Yorkshire terrier x poodle :)
  • z1a
    z1a Posts: 2,522 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Died .
  • Shanris
    Options
    Biting is the worst thing:(
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing