What's the worst thing your pet has done?

Options

Comments

• amber_cloud
    amber_cloud Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    TripleH wrote: »
    whilst looking at me with a "and?!?" look on her face.

It's the way they maintain unblinking eye contact whilst deliberately knocking an item onto the floor...
  • Silvertabby
    Silvertabby Posts: 9,025 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options

It's the way they maintain unblinking eye contact whilst deliberately knocking an item onto the floor...

Absolute proof that the world is round. If it were flat, the cats would have pushed everything off the edge.
  • TomokoAdhami
    TomokoAdhami Posts: 154 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Last year, my 12 years old cat waked up with different health. She urinated on the couch, rugs and sofa before reaching her litter. As a few of my guests were about to come to my home, and it was challenging for me to do entire cleaning. I managed to clear all surface and sofa in a small amount of time. After the departure of the guest, I did online research and found an article that was referring to the incontinence of cats in old ages. Later, I monitor the food intake and used medicine on the advice of the vet. I also found this article ( ourfitpets.com/health/cats-with-incontinence ) very helpful in this whole situation. I am not going to blame the poor cat for this severe situation because urinary incontinence and leaks are common for elderly cats.
  • ddesoran9
    Options
    My lab mix destroyed my damn sofa.... :D at least it wasn't a new one
  • crv1963
    crv1963 Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I had a Golden Retriever in the late 80s who ate his way through the newly laid kitchen carpet tiles, the replacement vinyl flooring, chewed a hole through a concrete kitchen wall, then the middle of the three seater settee......it's replacement.....and its replacement. Then I discovered indoor kennels and all was well for 3 years until my newly married bride thought it cruel until one evening we came home to find our newly carpeted home had a hole in the middle of every room except the bathroom, he had chewed a hole through the bath panel and chewed the doors of the newly fitted bedroom!

Then again he was probably the best dog I ever had living a long life dying two days before his sixteenth birthday, being fantastic with children.....guarded my oldest as a three day old baby on the floor being changed by my then mother in law he promptly pushed her over and stood there until my wife came into the room and whenever she visited he placed himself between the children and her. Never growled or anything just used his bulk to exclude her.
    CRV1963- Light bulb moment Sept 15- Planning the great escape- aka retirement!
  • Maggie-Anne
    Options
    My cat regularly brings in presents (mice or birds) which I rescue if still breathing. The worst one was when she appeared in the kitchen with a Robin in her mouth - it was Christmas morning!
  • Silvertabby
    Silvertabby Posts: 9,025 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Furry madam is a bit long in the tooth for catching birds now, but when she was more agile she obviously didn't see them as food - more as flying toys that she would bring in to me to 'play with'.

She was so gentle, I actually managed to save most of them - many's the time I've stood for 5 minutes or more with a sparrow/blue tit/greenfinch in my hands, waiting for them to get over the shock !
  • DigitalSheppard
    Options
    Had a dog which ate a skewer of meat at a BBQ. Had to rush him to hospital for emergency surgery and that resulted in a £2,000 vet bill. He's not allowed at BBQs anymore.
  • ash28
    ash28 Posts: 1,789 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    One of ours ate the bottom tier of a wedding cake which had been left on the worktop after the reception - well out of reach or so we thought. It was chocolate cake and rather large....result...have you seen the slurry machines in the fields? That was his back end!!!

He also used to open the fridge and take food, packs of bacon, sausages and yoghurts, he didn't eat them but hid them in his bed.

Was partial to the armchair, skirting board, architraving.....

Could open the doors in the house...could clear a six foot fence....and was a bin raider and counter surfer.

Our current dog is angelic compared to him....her worst was chewing through the cable of GHDs my daughter had left on the floor and she had a penchant for shoes left in the hall when the kids had come in after a night out.
  • ohreally
    ohreally Posts: 7,525 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Worst thing - made a deposit on an historic grave in front of lots of overseas tourists all equipped to the nines with cameras. 💩
    Don’t be a can’t, be a can.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure