Options

Comments

• binao
    binao Posts: 666 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 15 February 2019 at 10:08PM
    Options
    Region 15
    Single Rate Electricity with payment by Direct Debit - 5.00p per day.

Single Rate Electricity with payment by other means - 16.75p per day.

Economy 7 Electricity with payment by Direct Debit - 5.00p per day.

Economy 7 Electricity with payment by other means - 16.75p per day.

Gas with payment by Direct Debit - 5.00p per day.

Gas with payment by other means - 16.75p per day.

These prices are for credit meters and include VAT.
    Malc

If paying by DD you will save about £43 per fuel or £86 for duel fuel.

£86 discount for DD sounds a lot, so not sure if my sums are right.

Will this be roughly the same for the southern area on the region map and most tariffs?

• poundsNpence
    Options
    Hello poundsNpence.

The Daily Standing Charges for the E.ON Fix 2 Year MSE Collective Feb 2019 tariff for the TS12 area (Electricity Region 15) area as follows.

Single Rate Electricity with payment by Direct Debit - 5.00p per day.

Single Rate Electricity with payment by other means - 16.75p per day.

Economy 7 Electricity with payment by Direct Debit - 5.00p per day.

Economy 7 Electricity with payment by other means - 16.75p per day.

Gas with payment by Direct Debit - 5.00p per day.

Gas with payment by other means - 16.75p per day.

These prices are for credit meters and include VAT.

I can't speak for BG but if the situation were reversed and you were leaving us, once the new supplier applied to takeover we would lock down the account. Metering appointments would then be automatically cancelled.

Hope this explains poundsNpence. Let me know if you need any more details as happy to help.

Malc

Thanks v much for that information Malc.

Getting a bit theoretical now, (and fully understanding that you may not have this info) but if I make my application on 22/02, I wonder if the process to takeover would start before my new meters are fitted on 04/03?

If it turns out that BG get wind and don't fix new meters, and I'm therefore left with the broken electricity one that isn't reporting the readings, would E.ON accept manual readings from myself or would you want to come and fit your own meters?

Many thanks

G
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Options
    binao wrote: »
    If paying by DD you will save about £43 per fuel or £86 for duel fuel.

£86 discount for DD sounds a lot, so not sure if my sums are right.

Will this be roughly the same for the southern area on the region map and most tariffs?

Hello binao.

Prices are regional and the southern area could well be different from the prices I quoted above for region 15 depending on where you are. If you let me know the first part of your post code, I'll be happy to confirm for the MSE tariff. Other tariffs will be different too.

Thanks binao.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Options
    Thanks v much for that information Malc.

Getting a bit theoretical now, (and fully understanding that you may not have this info) but if I make my application on 22/02, I wonder if the process to takeover would start before my new meters are fitted on 04/03?

If it turns out that BG get wind and don't fix new meters, and I'm therefore left with the broken electricity one that isn't reporting the readings, would E.ON accept manual readings from myself or would you want to come and fit your own meters?

Many thanks

G

Hello poundsNpence and you're welcome. Happy to help.

We'll apply to BG to takeover within the first couple of days of you starting the switch. Since the introduction of Faster Switching, most suppliers now run switching processes alongside the 14 day cooling off period.

Where we're the losing supplier, we'll lock down accounts as soon as the application notice is received. Any outstanding metering appointments won't go ahead after this time. I suspect your smart meter appointment will be cancelled if you apply to switch on 22 February 19. To be sure, I'd check with BG. They do have a presence on this site.

Once the switch is complete, we'll be happy to look at booking an appointment. In the meantime, we'll take manual readings from you.

Hope this explains poundsNpence.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • poundsNpence
    Options
    Hello poundsNpence and you're welcome. Happy to help.

We'll apply to BG to takeover within the first couple of days of you starting the switch. Since the introduction of Faster Switching, most suppliers now run switching processes alongside the 14 day cooling off period.

Where we're the losing supplier, we'll lock down accounts as soon as the application notice is received. Any outstanding metering appointments won't go ahead after this time. I suspect your smart meter appointment will be cancelled if you apply to switch on 22 February 19. To be sure, I'd check with BG. They do have a presence on this site.

Once the switch is complete, we'll be happy to look at booking an appointment. In the meantime, we'll take manual readings from you.

Hope this explains poundsNpence.

Malc

Thanks again Malc, that's very useful.

I'm pretty sure I'll go ahead with the switch, but will wait till 22/02 in the hope that BG then won't cotton-on till after they've come and fitted new smart meters.

Now, something I've noticed when switching in the past is that new suppliers tend to vastly over-estimate my usage and therefore start me off with much higher than necessary payments, which reduce over time to the correct level. That's not ideal when on a very tight budget. What is E.ON's estimated use for a single person with GCH, G Cooker, 2 Bedroom house?

G
  • MoneyMate
    MoneyMate Posts: 3,225 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Just applied for the E.ON Fix 2 Year MSE Collective Feb 2019, could be an extra £10 a month BUT 2 years fixed pricing sounds like a good gamble to me, (Ends in 2 days )
    There are more questions than answers :shhh: :silenced:
    WARNING ! May go silent for unfriendly replies
    Please excuse me Spell it MOST times :o
    :)
    :A UK Resident :A
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks again Malc, that's very useful.

I'm pretty sure I'll go ahead with the switch, but will wait till 22/02 in the hope that BG then won't cotton-on till after they've come and fitted new smart meters.

Now, something I've noticed when switching in the past is that new suppliers tend to vastly over-estimate my usage and therefore start me off with much higher than necessary payments, which reduce over time to the correct level. That's not ideal when on a very tight budget. What is E.ON's estimated use for a single person with GCH, G Cooker, 2 Bedroom house?

G

Hello poundsNpence and many thanks for your interest in joining us.

When customers switch to us, we base their initial monthly payments on what we're told at the point of sale. We'll ask about this when you start the transfer. Once the switch is complete, we'll receive details of past usage held for the property from the Data Collector (DC). If necessary, this lets us amend payments to match what's been used in the past. The aim is to achieve as near as possible to a zero balance by the annual review.

Totally understand, circumstances change and we've an online tool to help make sure payments are covering the ongoing usage. Provided you register with our website, you can use the Direct Debit Manager to change the monthly payments to better suit different circumstances.

Where accounts are billed up to the latest readings, payments can be changed by up to 20 per cent up or down; by up to 5 per cent up or down without readings. Before confirming the new amount, we'll let you know by how much we anticipate the account will be in credit/debt by the annual review should payments be changed but the usage doesn't alter as expected.

Hope this answers your question poundsNpence. Let me know if you need any more details as happy to help.

Malc
  • sarahroseman
    Options
    I saw that you recommended to switch to BULB energy. I switched but then read warnings about them so I tried to contact them by phone on number they gave, Without warning I have been charged £7.50 for a three second call!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • sarahroseman
    Options
    You must warn people that BULB charge £7.50 if you dial the number they give!!I rang vodaphone to complain as I have unlimited minutes. They say they only got 55p of this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    MoneyMate wrote: »
    Just applied for the E.ON Fix 2 Year MSE Collective Feb 2019, could be an extra £10 a month BUT 2 years fixed pricing sounds like a good gamble to me, (Ends in 2 days )

Thanks for your interest in this tariff MoneyMate. As an existing customer, the switch will be from the date you applied through the MSE Cheap Energy Club.

Malc
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure