MSE Big Winter Energy Switch

Options

Comments

• lawnraker
    Options
    wavelets wrote: »

Thanks Malc.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Toki wrote: »
    Hi Malc,

I'm currently on E.ON Go Online 1 Year v18 which ends in October and has exit fees of £30 per fuel. If I switch to Fix 2 Year MSE Collective Feb 2019 will I need to pay this as I would be moving from one E.On tariff to another?

Also, will I still get the £25 cashback?

Thanks in advance.

Hello Toki and happy to confirm wavelets advice.

There are no exit fees when moving from one E.ON tariff to another. This includes the E.ON Fixed 2 Year MSE Collective Feb 2019 tariff currently being offered through the Cheap Energy Club.

Cashback is given by MSE and we've no influence over this. Again, as wavelets says, I suspect you should be okay.

Hope this explains Toki. Let me know if you need any more details as happy to help.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Options
    lawnraker wrote: »
    Malc
    could you help me please, i am an existing E.on customer and switched to the E.on fix 2 year MSE collective on the 13th Feb via the cheap energy club, but after speaking to a lady this morning at E.on she says there is no record of any switch or any correspondence with the cheap energy club, what's going on. E.on should have heard something by now, all i am doing is switching tariffs not suppliers.

Hello lawnraker and has the link wavelets posted answered your question?

If not, have you received confirmation from the Cheap Energy Club that your request to move to the E.ON Fixed 2 Year MSE Collective Feb 2019 has been successful? If you have, all's okay.

With offers like this, broker sites send us requests to switch in batches. This is both for internal switches and changes of supplier. These requests are worked manually by a ring-fenced team here at E.ON and there's often a delay between a customer signing up for a tariff and the details appearing on their account. Don't worry, tariffs are backdated to the date when signing up.

If you haven't received confirmation, please speak to the Cheap Energy Club to see what's happened.

Hope this helps lawnraker.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • lawnraker
    Options
    Hello lawnraker and has the link wavelets posted answered your question?

If not, have you received confirmation from the Cheap Energy Club that your request to move to the E.ON Fixed 2 Year MSE Collective Feb 2019 has been successful? If you have, all's okay.

With offers like this, broker sites send us requests to switch in batches. This is both for internal switches and changes of supplier. These requests are worked manually by a ring-fenced team here at E.ON and there's often a delay between a customer signing up for a tariff and the details appearing on their account. Don't worry, tariffs are backdated to the date when signing up.

If you haven't received confirmation, please speak to the Cheap Energy Club to see what's happened.

Hope this helps lawnraker.

Malc

Thanks for the reply Malc,
    This is what i received after i signed up on the 13th Feb, it's the sentence in bold that i am concerned about, the email says the application was sent on the 13th, so E.on should have the application already now surely.
    Maybe i was being a bit hasty as i thought that with being with E.on already the process would only take a short time
    Anyway i will leave it and see what happens.

Cheap Energy Club
    Good news! Your energy switch is now in progress!

Hi,
    Your application to switch your energy supply to E.ON - Fix 2 Year MSE Collective Feb 2019 is now in progress. We've run the numbers and we reckon you'll be paying around £*** less per year than if you hadn't switched.
    Once your switch has completed our work really starts. Energy firms introduce new deals all the time so we'll monitor your new tariff and let you know as soon as it's no longer competitive.

Cheap Energy Club
    What happens now?

The below timescale is just an estimate for when we'd expect your switch to complete. Please note that if you're switching with the same supplier, it could go through much faster than this.

Today
    Your application is sent from MoneySuperMarket.com to your new energy supplier(s).

In a week or so
    If your switch is accepted - you'll receive a welcome pack from your new supplier(s) confirming your application details.

Within two weeks
    You get a cooling-off period of 14 days to cancel your application if you change your mind. To do this please contact your new supplier(s) directly.

After two or four weeks
    You'll be asked to provide your new supplier(s) with a meter reading.

After four to six weeks
    The switch is complete!

In three to five months
    Your cashback will be paid once your supplier confirms your switch has completed
  • lawnraker
    Options
    Thanks Malc.
    wavelets wrote: »

Sorry about that wavelets got the name wrong. :)
    Thanks for the link.
  • Jon_01
    Jon_01 Posts: 5,871 Forumite
    Options
    Has anyone experience of Utility point?

Their prices look good, but they have some iffy reviews online. Like raising the DD halfway through the contract even though the acc is in credit??

Options
    Thanks for the reply Malc,
    This is what i received after i signed up on the 13th Feb, it's the sentence in bold that i am concerned about, the email says the application was sent on the 13th, so E.on should have the application already now surely.
    Maybe i was being a bit hasty as i thought that with being with E.on already the process would only take a short time
    Anyway i will leave it and see what happens.

Cheap Energy Club
    Good news! Your energy switch is now in progress!

Hi,
    Your application to switch your energy supply to E.ON - Fix 2 Year MSE Collective Feb 2019 is now in progress. We've run the numbers and we reckon you'll be paying around £*** less per year than if you hadn't switched.
    Once your switch has completed our work really starts. Energy firms introduce new deals all the time so we'll monitor your new tariff and let you know as soon as it's no longer competitive.

Cheap Energy Club
    What happens now?

The below timescale is just an estimate for when we'd expect your switch to complete. Please note that if you're switching with the same supplier, it could go through much faster than this.

Today
    Your application is sent from MoneySuperMarket.com to your new energy supplier(s).

In a week or so
    If your switch is accepted - you'll receive a welcome pack from your new supplier(s) confirming your application details.

Within two weeks
    You get a cooling-off period of 14 days to cancel your application if you change your mind. To do this please contact your new supplier(s) directly.

After two or four weeks
    You'll be asked to provide your new supplier(s) with a meter reading.

After four to six weeks
    The switch is complete!

In three to five months
    Your cashback will be paid once your supplier confirms your switch has completed

Hello lawnraker and thanks for coming back to me.

Usually, internal tariff transfers go through within 24 hours. As I posted yesterday, Collectives are handled differently and take longer to upload to accounts. This is because they're put through manually by a dedicated team. Don't worry, the tariff will start from the date you signed up.

I've replied to the email you sent lawnraker. Please let me know if you've any further concerns as happy to help.

Have a good weekend.

Malc
  • AD_92
    AD_92 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    I put through a switch for my elderly Aunt, currently with British Gas, as part of the MSE Big Switch to go to EON's two year switch tariff. She had an email on Friday to say "we've cancelled your switch" and no clarification or extra info to help understand why. Her BG account does have a smart meter but there was nothing obvious with the switch tariff to indicate this is a problem, has anyone else experienced this? Is there anything that can be done to restart?

If it cant be restarted when will the status on the cheap energy club change away from switch in progress?

Thanks in advance.
    Options
    AD_92 wrote: »
    I put through a switch for my elderly Aunt, currently with British Gas, as part of the MSE Big Switch to go to EON's two year switch tariff. She had an email on Friday to say "we've cancelled your switch" and no clarification or extra info to help understand why. Her BG account does have a smart meter but there was nothing obvious with the switch tariff to indicate this is a problem, has anyone else experienced this? Is there anything that can be done to restart?

If it cant be restarted when will the status on the cheap energy club change away from switch in progress?

Thanks in advance.

Hello AD 92 and I'm sorry your Aunt wasn't able to join us.

It sounds like BG has objected to the switch. They won't tell us why they've done this as it would break data protection rules. Where the situation is reversed and we object to a switch away, we write to let the customer know the reason. I don't know what BG do and it's best to ask them directly.

Malc
  • valence
    Options
    My application for switching to E.ON - Fix 2 Year MSE Collective Feb 2019 has been in progress since 21 February (date of the MSE Energy Club confirmation email), and I still have not heard anything from E.ON.

I am an E.ON customer and was on E.ON Go Online 1 Year v6 till 3 March. E.ON have now moved me to the standard tariff. My email enquiry about progress to energyclub@moneysavingexpert.com from 4 March is still without answer.

Any suggestions on what to do next would be much appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure