I will cut my coat according to my cloth. {Edited by Forum team} 2019

Options

Comments

• ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    All being well the storm will blow itself out before you leave. Safe journey :)
  • Grumpelstiltskin
    Options
    I hope Mooloo is OK and she can make it to the airport, it looks as though getting there maybe the problem.

https://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/view/20190224/local/gale-force-winds-cause-substantial-damage-but-no-injuries-reported.702795
    If you go down to the woods today you better not go alone.
  • hb2
    hb2 Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I hope Mooloo is OK and she can make it to the airport, it looks as though getting there maybe the problem.

https://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/view/20190224/local/gale-force-winds-cause-substantial-damage-but-no-injuries-reported.702795

:eek:

Mooloo, I hope you are able to get away safely. Also hope that Gd is OK.
    It's not difficult!
    'Wander' - to walk or move in a leisurely manner.
    'Wonder' - to feel curious.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I am home.
    Hairy drive with waves actually coming over the car as we went along the sea front. Idiots in the road collecting fish!
    Flight on time though.
    Dgd is home tomorrow.
    Back to work and it looks like my staff have kept it ticking Along nicely.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • hb2
    hb2 Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Welcome home Mooloo :) I am glad to hear that things at work have been OK while you were away.
    It's not difficult!
    'Wander' - to walk or move in a leisurely manner.
    'Wonder' - to feel curious.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Properly back to work this morning.
    Still showing my video of the fishermen in Malta and the waves coming over the car. So funny!
    Dgd home, and happy to be home. Back to school today but she walked as her posterior is rather too sore to ride her bike!

Time to weigh in, measure up and head for a healthier eating and exercise plan.
    Sitting at work trying to get my HMRC payed tool to work-
    So slow!
    Several big jobs in. I see a better week next week as Spring Is on its way.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Liking the weather! It's cold walking to work but it's lovely to see the sun shining through the shop window.
    Bills, wages and the like this morning. Sewing this afternoon. Lots of returning customers, good to see.
    Met my friend and her son at the pub for tea.
    My ex husband rang to tell me he had gone to the funeral on the Monday, and that it was packed. Glad they had a good send off.
    My eldest rang for a chat because we never get to talk when I babysit on the Wednesday.
    Haven't heard from DS but she said he had a meal with her on Saturday. Between his shifts. He said to her he has given up expecting anything from the GF. He has resigned himself to having to do everything. Not good.
    Twin2 is continuing with her soap making.
    Mum is worried about her friend who was hallucinating on Saturday. My brother rang me to tell me he is coming over from France on Thursday for two weeks. My sister is coming in mid March for a visit.

That's all I have to report today.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Another sunny morning. Chilly but as long as the sun shines I always cope better.
    Taking Mum to the hairdressers this morning.
    Food shopping necessary.
    Babysitting Biggests children this afternoon/evening.
    So housework before hairdressers.
    Menu plan. Etc before food shopping.
    McD for dgd on way back from babysitting.

Well that's the plan anyway.
    Dgd is up with only three reminders, but she's now ready for school.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Well the day went to plan, which is rare. However I had to have two hair cuts, as the first girl made a mess of my hair and another hairdresser had to step in and recut it for me.! We had lunch in the cafe at the garden centre, and I treated myself to a dress in the frock shop that was down to £20. ( usually £90!) I tried it on and it fitted perfectly. So I have a fairly formal little black (floral) dress if I get anywhere nice to wear it.
    I have gone up to a size 14! And 10st 3lb
    So I will be planning a better diet, and must add exercises to my day other than walking to work.
    I did a small food shop, but as I had Mums shopping she insisted on paying for it. Both of us shop came in at £48 and Mum included a bottle of brandy and olive oil, so my shopping was probably about £25 worth. It all fitted in one bag anyway.
    I bought a few things for both of us in B & M so Mum didn't get her own way to pay for everything. Her justification was because we hadn't been out for a while she had too much in the bank! So I had to say then transfer some into savings!
    Bless her.
    I also paid for the petrol £30 which usually lasts me two weeks.
    My Avon order was waiting for me, £11 but with that we also have two bottles of Sun Cream, so I am sorry that probably means the sun is going to run away!
    Dgd 4, is teething and was out of sorts so by 7pm my arms were getting quite sore. Another proof that I would struggle to have small children long term.
    When home I binged on two episodes of the sewing Bee. My friend came over with 3 carrier bags of fabric remnants from her sister. A few UFO's, and plenty of fabric for cushion and aprons etc. So I sorted it all out before I went to bed.
    I was up early this morning. But the time has frittered away with this and that.
    Time to get Dgd up for school.
    Have lots to do so I better get on!
  • ognum
    ognum Posts: 4,842 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mooloo

Just read on Facebook that you have been burgled, what utter pigs. Hope you report and they get found.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure