Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 9th Mar 18, 7:16 PM
    • 4,343Posts
    • 3,815Thanks
    dekaspace
    An update on me
    • 9th Mar 18, 7:16 PM
    An update on me 9th Mar 18 at 7:16 PM
    Ok so as on another thread in past few months had neighbour get new puppy for christmas and lie about it, 2 parties with dozens of people in property at one time for hours screaming, drinking, running about on laminate, and threaten me when I said I was being kept awake.

Sleep apnea diagnosed and mask given but it makes me feel depressed and moody.

And more recently at half term was started on by a group of 20-40 teenagers as I witnessed multiple ones drinking alcohol and stealing food and drink from fast food place and two of them swore at me and called me the r word, a p word for adults who like children in a a certain way, threaten to beat me up so I stood up to them and they kept running off whilst hurling more abuse.

That escalated on Sunday when a group of them were hammering on window at the fast food place and shouting about and making sexual and obscene gestures so I walked out and told them if they were anything but all talk and no trousers I was willing to fight them, they of course kept backing off and trying to surround me, one spat on me, one tried kicking me but I was too quick for him, another elbowed me in back and so I called police on them,

Also found out from the fast food place their hammering had smashed the window!

Anyway good thing though is that the police contacted social work and now im getting social work support, not sure what it will entail but said its to help me with social situations as I told them I feel isolated at home.
Page 1
    • Detroit
    • By Detroit 9th Mar 18, 7:29 PM
    • 747 Posts
    • 2,332 Thanks
    Detroit
    • 9th Mar 18, 7:29 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 7:29 PM
    You did the right thing calling the police. Hopefully social services can help you too.

If you see them again it's better to go back to the police rather than engage with them or argue or threaten them. That way you stay in the right and know you're the better person.

Put your hands up.
    • ska lover
    • By ska lover 9th Mar 18, 7:40 PM
    • 2,728 Posts
    • 6,643 Thanks
    ska lover
    • 9th Mar 18, 7:40 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 7:40 PM
    It is a terrible idea to walk out and threaten to fight a group of teenagers. You dont know who has got a knife or weapon

You should call the police. and stay indoors
    The opposite of what you know...is also true
    • z1a
    • By z1a 9th Mar 18, 8:01 PM
    • 1,258 Posts
    • 1,195 Thanks
    z1a
    • 9th Mar 18, 8:01 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 8:01 PM
    Wondering what the "r" word is.
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 9th Mar 18, 8:08 PM
    • 4,343 Posts
    • 3,815 Thanks
    dekaspace
    • 9th Mar 18, 8:08 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 8:08 PM
    I would of ignored it this time but what had happened was as they were passing they kept thumping the windows with both hands, ignored them but they took 5 minutes to leave, then came back and another 5 minutes and followed me from outside to other end of the store (I walked to leave anyway and they walked to door to continue the abuse) I couldn't get past them without shouting.
    • Red-Squirrel
    • By Red-Squirrel 9th Mar 18, 10:36 PM
    • 2,666 Posts
    • 7,147 Thanks
    Red-Squirrel
    • 9th Mar 18, 10:36 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 10:36 PM
    Wondering what the "r" word is.
    Originally posted by z1a
    An offensive word that used to be used to describe people with learning or cognitive disabilities, I expect.
    • Red-Squirrel
    • By Red-Squirrel 9th Mar 18, 10:38 PM
    • 2,666 Posts
    • 7,147 Thanks
    Red-Squirrel
    • 9th Mar 18, 10:38 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 10:38 PM
    I would of ignored it this time but what had happened was as they were passing they kept thumping the windows with both hands, ignored them but they took 5 minutes to leave, then came back and another 5 minutes and followed me from outside to other end of the store (I walked to leave anyway and they walked to door to continue the abuse) I couldn't get past them without shouting.
    Originally posted by dekaspace
    Ska lover is right, people have been killed after confronting aggressive people. Its not worth your life, stay where you and call the police if you are being threatened.

I'm glad you're getting some support from social care. I hope it helps you with some coping skills.
    • miriamac
    • By miriamac 9th Mar 18, 11:51 PM
    • 288 Posts
    • 713 Thanks
    miriamac
    • 9th Mar 18, 11:51 PM
    • 9th Mar 18, 11:51 PM
    An offensive word that used to be used to describe people with learning or cognitive disabilities, I expect.
    Originally posted by Red-Squirrel
    Ah! I was thinking 'roaster' - but your thought makes more sense.

OP, I agree with the other posters - it's best to avoid those kind of confrontations for your own safety. I'm glad you're getting support.
    • z1a
    • By z1a 10th Mar 18, 3:48 PM
    • 1,258 Posts
    • 1,195 Thanks
    z1a
    • 10th Mar 18, 3:48 PM
    • 10th Mar 18, 3:48 PM
    Yep, that'll be it, was trying to think of an offensive term beginning with "R". Couldn't think of anything.
    • mattpaint
    • By mattpaint 10th Mar 18, 4:02 PM
    • 108 Posts
    • 182 Thanks
    mattpaint
    What on earth made you go outside of a fast food place and threaten to assault a group of 40 children? Because that's what you did, legally speaking. For heaven's sake, drop the hero act and call the police if it happens again. They are there to deal with situations like these - not you.
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 10th Mar 18, 4:14 PM
    • 4,343 Posts
    • 3,815 Thanks
    dekaspace
    What on earth made you go outside of a fast food place and threaten to assault a group of 40 children? Because that's what you did, legally speaking. For heaven's sake, drop the hero act and call the police if it happens again. They are there to deal with situations like these - not you.
    Originally posted by mattpaint
    Both times they threatened me first, the first time at half term they threatened to do me in, picked a chair and threatened to hit me with it one tried slapping back of head, one attempted to throw a drink over me etc.

This time they blocked the doorway and I couldnt get out.
    • happyandcontented
    • By happyandcontented 10th Mar 18, 4:18 PM
    • 1,088 Posts
    • 2,129 Thanks
    happyandcontented
    I am a bit lost here. You were in a fast food restaurant and a group of teenagers just started abusing you? The staff should have called the police.
    • Tabbytabitha
    • By Tabbytabitha 10th Mar 18, 4:31 PM
    • 2,214 Posts
    • 3,727 Thanks
    Tabbytabitha
    How can you be "isolated at home" (in Scotland ) when you're at university in England?
    • BorisThomson
    • By BorisThomson 10th Mar 18, 4:36 PM
    • 1,586 Posts
    • 3,420 Thanks
    BorisThomson
    Sleep apnea must be a terrible condition, poor sleep is understandably going to lead to you feeling low. One of the main causes is being overweight, has the doctor spoke to you about this? Frequent trips to fast food outlets can't be helping.

Regarding the young people, the best way to avoid these situations is to ignore them, remove yourself from the situation. Their behaviour is not acceptable, but now that you've reacted to them they're always going to look out for you. I'd find somewhere else to eat at, or cook at home.
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 10th Mar 18, 5:39 PM
    • 4,343 Posts
    • 3,815 Thanks
    dekaspace
    Sleep apnea must be a terrible condition, poor sleep is understandably going to lead to you feeling low. One of the main causes is being overweight, has the doctor spoke to you about this? Frequent trips to fast food outlets can't be helping.

Regarding the young people, the best way to avoid these situations is to ignore them, remove yourself from the situation. Their behaviour is not acceptable, but now that you've reacted to them they're always going to look out for you. I'd find somewhere else to eat at, or cook at home.
    Originally posted by BorisThomson
    As on another thread my GP is useless, I gained weight due to stress and the sleep apnea which then slows recovery so it was a vicious circle.

Fast food I just eat a sandwich/sub and get a free refill to get me out of the house, for 3 its a good deal as I don't like burgers and the places like McDonalds charge like 4.50 and has even more kids in and I feel ill after.

I am a bit lost here. You were in a fast food restaurant and a group of teenagers just started abusing you? The staff should have called the police.
    Originally posted by happyandcontented
    The member of staff on the first time keeps out of things as she doesnt want the hassle she did call police in end and I didn't know and had left by time they arrived. She did lose it eventually and scream at them to get out.

2nd time the member of staff didn't call as it happened in the doorway and he thought that meant off premises.

How can you be "isolated at home" (in Scotland ) when you're at university in England?
    Originally posted by Tabbytabitha
    Its called a train, it takes 1 hour to England (and im at COLLEGE in England not university)

Isolated means that I stick to a routine, on days when im not studying I may sit at home all day doing nothing and that was why I started going to town to eat, so I got out of the house for 40-60 minutes a day as before that went 4-14 days without leaving the house. Im only in class 2 and a half days a week.
    • Tabbytabitha
    • By Tabbytabitha 10th Mar 18, 5:52 PM
    • 2,214 Posts
    • 3,727 Thanks
    Tabbytabitha
    As on another thread my GP is useless, I gained weight due to stress and the sleep apnea which then slows recovery so it was a vicious circle.

Fast food I just eat a sandwich/sub and get a free refill to get me out of the house, for 3 its a good deal as I don't like burgers and the places like McDonalds charge like 4.50 and has even more kids in and I feel ill after.

The member of staff on the first time keeps out of things as she doesnt want the hassle she did call police in end and I didn't know and had left by time they arrived. She did lose it eventually and scream at them to get out.

2nd time the member of staff didn't call as it happened in the doorway and he thought that meant off premises.

Its called a train, it takes 1 hour to England (and im at COLLEGE in England not university)

Isolated means that I stick to a routine,
    on days when im not studying I may sit at home all day doing nothing and that was why I started going to town to eat, so I got out of the house for 40-60 minutes a day as before that went 4-14 days without leaving the house. Im only in class 2 and a half days a week.
    Actually, it doesn't but anyway, apologies for thinking you were at university.

Don't you need to go out and use the library for your course?
    Last edited by Tabbytabitha; 10-03-2018 at 5:55 PM.
    • Bogof_Babe
    • By Bogof_Babe 10th Mar 18, 5:53 PM
    • 10,119 Posts
    • 16,378 Thanks
    Bogof_Babe
    I'm none the wiser. Second letter?
    I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe

• happyandcontented
    • By happyandcontented 10th Mar 18, 6:07 PM
    • 1,088 Posts
    • 2,129 Thanks
    happyandcontented
    i'm none the wiser. Second letter?
    Originally posted by bogof_babe
    e...........
    • happyandcontented
    • By happyandcontented 10th Mar 18, 6:12 PM
    • 1,088 Posts
    • 2,129 Thanks
    happyandcontented

Isolated means that I stick to a routine, on days when im not studying I may sit at home all day doing nothing and that was why I started going to town to eat, so I got out of the house for 40-60 minutes a day as before that went 4-14 days without leaving the house. Im only in class 2 and a half days a week.

If she doesn't want the hassle then she shouldn't be doing the job.

If you were simply sitting in a cafe minding your own business and did not engage with the group prior to them harassing you, then she should have intervened and called her Supervisor/Manager or the Police. As a customer, you are owed a duty of care.

If, on the other hand, you were getting involved in issues that were the business of the cafe, then she probably thought you could look after yourself.
    • k3lvc
    • By k3lvc 10th Mar 18, 6:14 PM
    • 2,201 Posts
    • 3,640 Thanks
    k3lvc
    I'm none the wiser. Second letter?
    Originally posted by Bogof_Babe
    Or the French for late - en retard
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,065Posts Today

7,784Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin