Frump to Fab 2018 - Fabulous Dahhhhlings

Options

Comments

• misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,880 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hello, can I join in please? Came across this thread today and feel it's exactly what I need.

I'm 33 and feel as though I've slightly given up on how I look :o it's been an age since I bothered doing anything with my hair other than chucking it up in a ponytail/bun, put on makeup, did my nails, got my eyebrows done, etc. I also lost 2 stone about 3 years ago but never really properly replaced my wardrobe so tend to wear baggy oversized clothes. I have a pretty full on stressful job so healthy eating and exercise tends to take a back seat as I'm just too knackered. So lots of changes to make me fabulous!
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10552.61/£15000 (70.4% saved). Emergency fund - £1437.01/£1500 (95.8% saved).
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

Welcome Ma-ri-ella and Misstara :)

I went to a Poetry Group called Blackfriars Vocal last night. There was about 16 of us and 9 of us chose to get up and read either our own poems or poems written by other authors. I read 3 of my poems; Black Man Thing, Woman Move Your Eye and What If. Everyone is very friendly, welcoming and non judgmental, so I find it a very 'safe' space to stand up and perform my poems in. I really like listening to other people reading poems or singing a song. :D

I wore a navy blue and white M & S gored pull on skirt with a navy blue short sleeved, wrap over v neck top and my white cotton Primark cardigan. I wore my black leather Clarks ankle boots and my black leather jacket, my black leather gloves and my black acrylic scarf. I wore perfume and layered it with the matching body powder. I painted my nails with clear nail polish. I was carrying my newest black leather Osprey handbag and my black patent Playboy tote bag.
  • sugarbaby125
    Options
    This is one of my poems from last night, I hope you enjoy it :)

What If?

What if I wake up tomorrow, to find that men were now the stronger sex?

Let me tell you, that as a woman, I would NOT be happy, I would be seriously vex!

What if men had wombs and ovaries and we women had to rely on men to give birth to the next generation?

What if men found out for themselves that period pains and PMT had never been figments of women’s imaginations?

How many births would any man be willing to go through, before shouting, I’m not going through that bleeding pain again?

What if women develop ‘woman flu’ at the first sniffle and find that they are unable to tolerate the merest hint of pain?

What if women were to become the weaker sex, but patently, as a woman, it is hard for me to imagine such a reality

What if men were in charge of birth control, can you imagine them remembering to take the pill, or would sterilisation become normality?

What if men were the stronger sex, would we all have to be afraid for the continuation of humanity?

Because, if men were the stronger sex, I believe that the next creature to be extinct would be us humans you see!
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,592 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    misstara wrote: »
    Hello, can I join in please? Came across this thread today and feel it's exactly what I need.
    ma-ri-ella wrote: »
    Defo want to join in.

Good to have you both on board.:)

It's great that we have women of all ages, shapes and sizes posting on the thread. We all have different perspectives but surprisingly common goals.

I think your habit of layer perfume with body lotion (or today I notice body powder) is great sugarbaby. Those items are not only cheaper than the perfume but longer lasting too. It's great when you have a favourite/signature perfume, then it's really worth buying the other bits to match or asking for them as gifts.

Glad you're still keeping up with your poetry, definitely a way with words.:)

We're out at the football today so it'll be a case of layering up for the weather (wet:( ). Over the years I've acquired suitable clothes so I'll be fine. I think we often focus on having clothes for occasions or for work but forget that we spend an awful lot of time doing neither of those things. There are so many events and activities these days where 'smart casual' is what's needed. I've also stopped wearing any old clothes at home. It does tend to be a uniform of comfortable leggings and a long sleeved top but I don't want to feel like a bag lady!

Hope everyone has something good planned for the weekend, even if it's doing nothing!:)
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,880 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all

Yesterday I body brushed, de-fuzzed and used a nice scrub and body lotion that I got for Christmas. Also found a foot cream that I got at Christmas so slathered that on.

I bought some jeans a few days ago which I'm going to wear today. I'm a bit of an awkward shape and I struggle to find jeans that fit. These ones seem to but I'll wear them a few times and see how they hold up.

My usual getting dressed for work is to just grab whatever I find first but I'm going to try and put a little more thought into it so picked out clothes last night. So new jeans tucked into ankle boots (also new, both purchases from Christmas vouchers), a navy blue top and a beige cardi. I've picked up a bracelet to wear along with my usual jewellery and I'm going to put on some makeup today, just mascara and lip gloss.

Small changes but will hopefully make me feel more fab. Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday :)
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10552.61/£15000 (70.4% saved). Emergency fund - £1437.01/£1500 (95.8% saved).
  • sugarbaby125
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

I went to an R n B and Hip Hop party at Upstairs ar The Ritzy in Brixton with my 25 year old daughter last night and had a fabulous night out. :D

They allow you to have soda water in a plastic half pint cup with ice and a slice of lemon or lime for free, so this saves me paying for bottled water at this venue. :) My daughter prefers to drink Coca Cola when she is on a night out.

I wore black mascara, perfume layered with the matching body powder and the body lotion and clear lip gloss. I wore a black sleeveless hidden support top and a pull on paneled black skirt with my white cotton Primark cardigan. I wore my black leather gloves and a black acrylic scarf with my Clarks black leather ankle boots. I wore solid gold jewellery (a gold & diamonique ring, a bracelet, a cross and chain andlarge hoop earrings) with my gold plated Tissot watch. I was carrying a black Osprey leather handbag with all of my belongings in it.

I was truly astonished when this young man walked up to me and asked me to dance as he looked so young to me. ;) I felt a bit awkward as my daughter and her friend were staring at him and me. :) I tried to put him off by saying 'I am old enough to be your granny' which was not strictly true and did not deter him. As he was so personable and a great dancer, I gave in and danced with him. :D He was very handsome, quite talkative and attentive as we danced together. My daughter was agog! :rotfl: He kept on coming back throughout the night to talk to me and dance with me. He had a great sense of humour and he never tried to treat me with any form of disrespect. :D I was extremely flattered to say the least. I may look younger than my 55 years, but I could never ever bring myself to go on a date with a much younger man. His attentions made the night for me, as the music was so good and there were not too many people, so there was room for everyone to get down to the music and do their thing. :D The place was full of young people, there were only another 4 people there that looked as if they were of my generation, so he could have chosen to dance with a much younger woman. ;)
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,592 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Enjoyed reading both your posts sugarbaby and tara.:) What struck me was that both of you had made an effort. That's great. It means you are spending some time on yourself and valuing yourself.:T

I'm going to copy you and make an effort to wear more of my jewellery. I wear bracelets every day but I have some lovely rings that only come out on special occasions. I have several so I'm going to start wearing them more often.

Good idea to start actually using some of the products from Christmas too. Too many of us are guilty of hoarding toiletries and clothes 'for best' and not using them. I'm gradually using up cheaper products and replacing them with my favourites from Benefit and Clarins and the like.

I know you're really good at sourcing quality branded stuff from ebay sugarbaby. I have quite a bit from charity shops. So it can be mse as well as fab!

Get you with a toy boy!:eek: Seriously though, I'm not surprised as he probably realised he'd enjoy your company just as much (if not more) than a young woman who he couldn't relax with.

Not much happening here today. I did go out for an hour or so this morning and called in to see my DD. We only live about a mile apart but it's always her who calls to see me so I thought I'd make the effort today. Planning a nice roast for later.:)
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good afternoon lovely ladies.

We are a having a river cruising day today. So a nice rest after an action packed week of shore visits, sightseeing, carnival, pirhana fishing, caiman spotting, jungle treks.

Had our first full blow Amazon rain storm yesterday. Wow!!!! When it rains, it rains.....:rotfl:

Today it has been raining but the sun is just starting to break through again. I have to say the rain made a welcome break from the fierce sun and humididity. I shall go on deck later when it cools down a bit.

Just about recovered from the injuries from my fall......thank goodness I’ve got good strong healthy bones. There were a lot of broken wrists, arms, shoulders etc and quite a few people had to fly home.

Ladies......Look after those bones!!!!! Lots of weight bearing exercise, calcium, vitamin D. Soft tissue injuries are bad enough, the last thing we want is brittle bones which break and shatter easily.

Anyway, We leave the river tonight and head for the Caribbean next. Can’t believe I’m halfway through my journey. I’m having a wonderful time....

Sorry it’s all a bit me, me, me. I’ve had a quick skim through the last page but will catch up properly when I get back.

Love the poem Sugar baby and go you with your toy boy.....life is short. Enjoy the attention. And never forget, age is just a number.

There are a couple of budding romances on board but I have to say I haven’t found anyone who takes my fancy:rotfl:

Hello and welcome to all the newbies. I look forward to getting to know you when I get back.

Bye for now.

X
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,249 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Just a quick post to say that if one gas any expensive items of jewellery, unless one has a safe to keep it in it is almost always safer on one's fingers /wrist /neck. I am now wearing my godmother's Victorian gold bracelet andDH's gift 1ct solitaire diamond & chain daily, as our insurance broker recommended. TBH the thought of losing them just as I lost all my 18th & 21st jewellery gifts to burglars in 1986 scared me into it :o
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • sugarbaby125
    edited 29 January 2018 at 4:00PM
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

I went to a wine bar that my favourite DJ was playing at last night and had a fantastic evening out :D

I danced enough to leave me aching all over once I had got home. I sat down a lot as well, trying not to over do it. Anyway the painkillers are taking the aches and pain down to a manageable level.

I wore a black pull on skirt with a red top with a cut out back and diamante trim on the front of the top, it is a short sleeved top. I wore solid silver jewllery and my stainless steel and diamond Ingersoll watch, my black cotton Primark cardigan, my black leather Clarks ankle boots, my black leather jacket, my black leather gloves and a black acrylic scarf. I wore black mascara, clear lip gloss and I layered my perfume with the matching body powder and body lotion and I had on clear nail polish. I was carrying one of my red leather Osprey bags with all of my belongings in.

I am going to The Young Vic tonight to see The Brothers Size and I am really looking forward to it :)

LL and Maman,

I have actually been on dates with a much younger man before in my life, about 5 years ago, but although we had things in common and I really liked him, I could not get over the age gap. I could not be comfortable in my own skin. It felt like I was being gawped at for all the wrong reasons, so I just let it all fizzle out. So no toy boys for me. :D I prefer men of my own generation even if their bodies will never be as gloriously fit and smooth as a 25 year old man's body is. :D

Maman is years gone by, I used to buy so much clothing from charity shops, but then the ones in South London upped the prices to such a degree, that I soon ended up buying from eBay instead. I do still visit charity shops, but rarely find anything at a price I am willing to pay now, which is a real shame. I did get a really lovely faux fur stole in a local charity shop recently for those really cold evenings as it will look so much smarter and be warmer on my evenings out.

LL thanks for the update on your trip. You are having such a ball! I am glad that you have recovered well from your fall. I hope the rest of your trip will be as great. :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure