Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • zippychick
    • By zippychick 13th Oct 14, 12:54 PM
    • 9,343Posts
    • 17,881Thanks
    zippychick
    Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 10. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.
    • 13th Oct 14, 12:54 PM
    Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 10. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting. 13th Oct 14 at 12:54 PM
    Hi, i've done the best I can to piece the weightloss information together - I hope it's okay for you all

As some of you know there's been some discussion lately on how to accommodate weight loss diets on the board. It was decided that the daily isn't the place for campaigns of any sort and that there was a very good weight loss thread on the I wanna board which would offer excellent support to anyone wishing to join.

The board guides have talked about this and we'd like to accommodate a weight loss campaign the OLD STYLE way here. However, in order for it to fit with the board, it should be about scratch cooking and healthy eating, NOT about where to get low calorie/fat ready meals cheaply or fad diets.

So, here it is. The Lose Weight the Old Style Way thread. This thread is for support in losing weight but in order to keep it true to the board - which is about money saving the old style way, there are going to be some posting guidelines.

Important. Please read:

The thread should be about healthy, Old Style eating. That means recipes and meal plans, support and encouragement and healthy eating. What shouldn't be accomodated here is if the thread goes off topic and covers ready meals, fad diets and weight loss clubs. There is a good thread that covers all that on the 'I wanna' board. So if the thread becomes an extention of that, we will have to close it and ask people to join in there instead.

Enjoy, and good luck (nb - we run 4 challenges a year, generally either 12 or 13 weeks, with a fortnight off at the end of December , so they run Jan-Mar, Apr-Jun, Jul-Sep and Oct-Dec.)
    Here are links to most of the historical threads

Part 9 auto deleted as explained here .

Part 8

Part 7

Part 6

Part 5

Part 4

Part 3

Part 2

Part 1 ???
    Last edited by zippychick; 19-07-2017 at 1:58 PM.
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men
    Norn Iron club member #380

Page 82
    • Sa1sysoo
    • By Sa1sysoo 3rd Feb 18, 12:05 PM
    • 266 Posts
    • 1,034 Thanks
    Sa1sysoo
    Reporting another week of STS
    2018 2 Savers Club #28 - 20/100 Target Weight Loss: 0/6
    2018 1%
    Club (#8) - 1%/100%
    Declutter 2018 in 2018 - 83/2018
    Joint Overdraft: 1,400/1,500, Barclaycard (0%): 5,080.43/5,197.37
    DH Overdraft: 1,800 Virgin CC (0%):4,644.20/3,857.70
    • SIRENS
    • By SIRENS 4th Feb 18, 9:05 AM
    • 650 Posts
    • 3,572 Thanks
    SIRENS
    Morning All

Sorry I have been AWOL, I've bought some new scales as my old ones only turned when they wanted to. Checked the batteries but I think they are on their last legs. My [COLOR="rgb(154, 205, 50)"][/COLOR]new ones weigh me heavier though, so I'm a little confused as to where I now am??
    I think I'll check in with a sts and go from the weight on the new scales from now.
    Weight Loss Challenge 7/14lb

'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess
    • katiepants
    • By katiepants 4th Feb 18, 5:52 PM
    • 85 Posts
    • 330 Thanks
    katiepants
    Have been a bit naughty today:

B: large portion of honey loops and milk
    L: ham sandwich and crisps. Grapes
    T: breaded fish, broccoli, corn on the cob

Accompanied by a very large peice of Rocky road, and a whole Cadbury chocolate bunny...
    Sealed pot challenge 11: number 594
    • MallyGirl
    • By MallyGirl 6th Feb 18, 11:56 AM
    • 2,677 Posts
    • 7,680 Thanks
    MallyGirl
    Morning All

WI today and it is -1lb.

B: lo carb granola, berries and skim
    L: HM butternut soup. Maybe something else too - it is cold!
    D: LO roast turkey, salad, pickles and a few chips

No dog walk as I had to start work early (due to early finish for Governors meeting)
    • X Duvessa X
    • By X Duvessa X 7th Feb 18, 1:44 PM
    • 34 Posts
    • 285 Thanks
    X Duvessa X
    did a weigh in yesterday and after weeks of staying the same ive lost some more. Total loss now at 6lb over the half way mark!!
    Jan GC 57.26/50
    Feb GC 17.06/60
    Jan - Mar WLC 6/11
    • katiepants
    • By katiepants 7th Feb 18, 3:44 PM
    • 85 Posts
    • 330 Thanks
    katiepants
    I feel like I'm not having the best week diet-wise. Monday was a write off, and I didn't do great yesterday. I was within my calories, but I just felt like I had too much (inc. wine!)

Today so far:

B: weetabix and milk

D: Ham s'wich, crisps, grapes and a mini cheese

Snack: hot chocolate, 2 choc digestives, 100ml orange juice

T: will be a mini pizza, and I'm going to the pub with friends (will just have an orange squash or something)

I don't know why I'm just not feeling it this week. I'm hoping for a little loss or at least a STS so as to not undo the previous hard work... but have to wait til saturday to find out.
    • Frith
    • By Frith 7th Feb 18, 5:10 PM
    • 4,468 Posts
    • 42,427 Thanks
    Frith
    My eating went a bit to pieces after an awful weekend. Not the tons of junk food like before, but large quantities generally. Back on it today:

B - banana pancakes and blueberries

L - salad with hummus and sun dried tomatoes

T - veg chilli from the freezer and cauliflower rice
    Odd fact: the inventor of nominative determinism was called Trevor Nominative - Determinism. :-)
    • CRANKY40
    • By CRANKY40 7th Feb 18, 5:46 PM
    • 2,798 Posts
    • 30,089 Thanks
    CRANKY40
    Another 1.5 lbs off for me please Knit Witch.
    • CathA
    • By CathA 10th Feb 18, 4:53 PM
    • 897 Posts
    • 4,547 Thanks
    CathA
    Oh dear, 1lb on for me, Knitwitch. I had two 'all fruit Thursdays' which were sabotaged by a lamb shank one week, and some bacon and cake (twice in one day) the next.

It's the picking in the evening that is my issue, particularly sweet things. I blame the weather! (Nothing to do with my willpower, or lack of it?)

Oh well, try harder next week.

Happy Saturday everyone x
    • monnagran
    • By monnagran 10th Feb 18, 5:05 PM
    • 3,672 Posts
    • 48,574 Thanks
    monnagran
    Yet another STS week for me. Actually I'm pretty pleased. I feared it would be worse.

I blame the weather. Warming comfort food tends to be a bit carb-heavy. Well, mine does.

perhaps when the sun shines and it warms up I will start losing again.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
    • katiepants
    • By katiepants 11th Feb 18, 12:15 AM
    • 85 Posts
    • 330 Thanks
    katiepants
    Weighed myself this morning and have stayed the same...

Could have been worse I guess since I didn't do any exercise all week.

Onwards...
    • FurryBeastOz
    • By FurryBeastOz 11th Feb 18, 7:59 AM
    • 1,193 Posts
    • 15,845 Thanks
    FurryBeastOz
    Not going to be a good week diet wise. Holiday started off with fondue. And I DONT CARE!

Plans are lots of Fondue, Tartiflette and Raclette. Hopefully most of which will be burned off skiing. But I!!!8217;m not going to beat myself up about it. I!!!8217;ll be starting again a week today. Promise.

Good start to the day though. We deliberately went self catering. Proper porridge to start. I!!!8217;ll try to be good.

Have a great week everyone
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    • gresleyrover
    • By gresleyrover 11th Feb 18, 9:29 AM
    • 177 Posts
    • 2,045 Thanks
    gresleyrover
    Its 0.8lb off for me this week. I tried really hard to make a whole pound but didn't quite manage it, but I'll take it.
    • monnagran
    • By monnagran 11th Feb 18, 10:40 AM
    • 3,672 Posts
    • 48,574 Thanks
    monnagran
    KnitWitch seems to have fallen off the radar for the last 10 days. I'm hoping that she is off on holiday or has succumbed to the MSE mess up and is wandering around the labyrinths of lost passwords and e-mail addresses. I so hope that she is not ill.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
    • CRANKY40
    • By CRANKY40 11th Feb 18, 12:18 PM
    • 2,798 Posts
    • 30,089 Thanks
    CRANKY40
    I was wondering where Knit witch was too....I hope she's OK
    • TiredTrophy
    • By TiredTrophy 11th Feb 18, 8:55 PM
    • 520 Posts
    • 7,344 Thanks
    TiredTrophy
    Hi all especially Knitwitch

Sts

Disappointing...
    • TiredTrophy
    • By TiredTrophy 12th Feb 18, 9:46 PM
    • 520 Posts
    • 7,344 Thanks
    TiredTrophy
    We must keep on with our efforts....lets get back on the first so knitwitch can find us when she gets back!
    I made lentil stuffed peppers from a wa**ros* card this evening -tasty, filling but I am glad I was not paying for the ingredients.
    And a lovely run in the cold sunshine...
    • MallyGirl
    • By MallyGirl 13th Feb 18, 11:02 AM
    • 2,677 Posts
    • 7,680 Thanks
    MallyGirl
    Morning All

WI today and it is +1lb.

I keep gaining and losing the same pound.

B: lo carb granola, berries and skim
    L: Vegan butternut & coconut soup. Shop bought but looked interesting.
    D: something from the freezer. DD will have pancakes but I don't see that as a proper meal so I might just have 1 to be sociable and then have something else with DH.

50 min dog walk in really unpleasant weather
    • SIRENS
    • By SIRENS 15th Feb 18, 10:39 AM
    • 650 Posts
    • 3,572 Thanks
    SIRENS
    Hi All
    Hope all is okay KW

I have a small loss of -1 this week, might go back on next week though, as despite my assertion to be good, I did succumb to many pancakes on Tuesday!
    Weight Loss Challenge 7/14lb

'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 15th Feb 18, 3:01 PM
    • 3,428 Posts
    • 31,280 Thanks
    Knit Witch
    Carmen 0/6.6
    CathA +1/2
    CRANKY40 5/0.5
    Dandy-candy +0.5/4
    Dolly84 +3/14
    Dumpling 6/20
    Florence J 8.5/14
    Frith 12/21
    FurryBeastOz 6/18
    Gresleyrover 4.8/7
    Jules81 0/12
    Katiepants 11/20
    Knit Witch 10.125/4
    Lynnejk 1/8
    Maisie M 3.25/14
    Mally Girl 3/4
    Meekie 0/22
    Moneyx3 3/12
    Monnagran 3/7
    Sa1sysoo 1/12
    SIRENS 10/9
    Sue14 4/10
    Tessie bear 0/8
    Thriftmonster 0/10
    TiredTrophy 4.4/17.6
    X Duvessa X 6/11

6 st 13.575 lb
    V3ry - 389.60
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,189Posts Today

7,920Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin