PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 10. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• Cappella
    Cappella Posts: 748 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I will go back and catch up when I've posted this. I feel very guilty for joining and then not posting. It's been a very bad three weeks for me diet wise an unexpected family issues have had to be dealt with and I usually overeat when I'm stressed. BUT I finally got weighed today (have been avoiding the scales as well as this thread) and am surprised to find no gain.
    It doesn't sound very good I know but I am so relieved that I've managed to avoid using food as a comfort blanket, even though I've not lost anything.
    Onwards and downwards now I hope? :)
  • TiredTrophy
    TiredTrophy Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    No gain is splendid and better than I have managed recently!

Been for run in the fog...seems to be just cycling causing bad knee...need a lower gear probably....and to weigh less.

Not eating much for the rest of the week to get those scales to move down. Tonight it's fish curry...with unnamed white fish and vegs from the garden. I will ve making mincemeat with a neighbour this afternoon. She's a real Anglophile and loves things like Bird's Eye custard! So must not pick at the dried fruit.

I hope you all have a positive day, and negative on the scales.
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    minus 2 lb for me please knitwitch ready for that as i have had a bit of a drought

thankyou xx
    onwards and upwards
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    katiepants wrote: »
    Hello,

Could I join this thread please?
    I need to lose weight and it seems like a supportive place.
    What do I need to do, is it just a case of posting what I eat?

Thanks

Of course you can join! and you can join in as little or as much as you feel happy doing :D

Some post their meal plans to keep on track, there is also the quarterly challenge (the current one runs to just before Yule!), if you want to join that you need to let me know how much you hope to lose in the remaining time (9 weeks) and then let me know your loss (or STS or oops gain!) each week ;)
    Must use my stash up!
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    monnagran wrote: »
    Welcome Katiepants. You will find this place and these people really inspiring and supportive. There is always someone who has the same issues and problems as you do. Someone, probably KnitWich as she is Headgirl, will tell you how it all works.

As for me. I'm still in a rosy glow, but now comes the job of consolidating and building on what I have achieved so far.

BR: Toast and marmalade.

Lunch: Cheese omelette and salad. 1 pear.

Snacks, as and if required. CB and peanut butter. SF jelly.

Cor didn't know I was Head Girl (very Hermione Granger :rotfl:) I thought I was just the mug that kept the list :rotfl:
    Must use my stash up!
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    El_Debster wrote: »
    Hi I would like to join this thread, I want to go down from 70.2kg down to 66kg. I have lost weight in the past and it has recently crept up. I always lose weight the OS way using MYNETDIARY. I like the calorie counting but also I use the analysis tools to make sure I have a low salt, low sat fat diet and balanced nutrition.
    I am not sure what I am eating exactly tomorrow but prefer to post what I have eaten at the end of the day, so it is what I have actually had. I hope this is okay?
    Thanks to everyone for posting, It's great encouragement.

Welcome to the thread Debster - as I said to Katie, use the thread to help you any way you like!
    Must use my stash up!
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Binsky … 0/14
    Cappella … 0/7
    Carmen … 2.2/13.2 :):)
    CathA … 0.4/4 :A
    CRANKY40 … 4/7 :):):):)
    Dandy-candy … 1.5/6 :);)
    Dumpling …11/15 :):):):):):):):):):):)
    FurryBeastOz … 0/12
    Gresleyrover … +3.6/5 :(:(:(:p
    Karcher … 0/6
    Knit Witch … 3.5/10 :):):);)
    Lynnejk … 1/8 :)
    Maisie M … 0/14
    MallyGirl … 1/6 :)
    Monnagran … 1/5 :)
    PJ1 … 3.5/11 :):):);)
    Sa1sysoo … +2/14 :(:(
    Short_bird … 0.5/6 ;)
    SIRENS … 4.5/16 :):):):);)
    Sue14 … 0/12
    Tessie bear … 1/13 :)
    TiredTrophy … +2/10 :(:(
    Zafiro1984 … 3.75/14 :):):);):A

2 st 3.25 lb :j:j :):):):A
    Must use my stash up!
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,765 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Knit_Witch wrote: »
    Cor didn't know I was Head Girl (very Hermione Granger :rotfl:) I thought I was just the mug that kept the list :rotfl:

Monna is a teacher (I'd say retired but I learn something from her most weeks...) so if Monna says that you're head girl then you're head girl.
  • TiredTrophy
    TiredTrophy Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 18 October 2017 at 6:52PM
    Options
    I made tonight a very nice fish and coconut curry (somewhere between 500 and 600 kc from a book by that doctor who's one of twins....Tulleken..i got the book discounted.
    The recipes are nicer than the other doctor. ...Moseley.
    I'm ignoring all the evidence stuff and just trying out the recipes:D
  • zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Not much going on today - oh - got myself a new Braun stick blender my last one gave up last week after 15yrs of use. Also treated myself to a set of american measuring cups.
    L;- stir fried veg and a poached egg on top half an apple and half a pear
    D-; tuna, grains and veg,

A damp and dismal day so now tucked up and cosy in front of the woodburner
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills