PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 10. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• katiepants
    Options
    Knit_Witch wrote: »
    Of course you can join! and you can join in as little or as much as you feel happy doing :D

Some post their meal plans to keep on track, there is also the quarterly challenge (the current one runs to just before Yule!), if you want to join that you need to let me know how much you hope to lose in the remaining time (9 weeks) and then let me know your loss (or STS or oops gain!) each week ;)

Thank you. I'd like to lose 20lbs in the next 9 weeks. Still need to get batteries for my scales so not too sure on starting weight...

Today has gone well:
    B: Weetabix and semi skimmed milk
    L: HM veg hotpot and bread roll and grapes
    T: HM pulled bbq chicken, baked potato and veg
    Snacks: mini cheese, 2 rice cakes and a cheeky hot chocolate

Also did another 20mins on the turbo which burned 200 calories (or so my fitbit told me)
    Sealed pot challenge 11: number 594
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Binsky … 0/14
    Cappella … 0/7
    Carmen … 2.2/13.2 :):)
    CathA … 0.4/4 :A
    CRANKY40 … 4/7 :):):):)
    Dandy-candy … 1.5/6 :);)
    Dumpling …11/15 :):):):):):):):):):):)
    FurryBeastOz … 0/12
    Gresleyrover … +3.6/5 :(:(:(:p
    Karcher … 0/6
    Katiepants … 0/20
    Knit Witch … 3.5/10 :):):);)
    Lynnejk … 1/8 :)
    Maisie M … 0/14
    MallyGirl … 1/6 :)
    Monnagran … 1/5 :)
    PJ1 … 3.5/11 :):):);)
    Sa1sysoo … +2/14 :(:(
    Short_bird … 0.5/6 ;)
    SIRENS … 4.5/16 :):):):);)
    Sue14 … 0/12
    Tessie bear … 1/13 :)
    TiredTrophy … +2/10 :(:(
    Zafiro1984 … 3.75/14 :):):);):A

2 st 3.25 lb :j:j :):):):A
    Must use my stash up!
  • Maisie_M
    Maisie_M Posts: 1,524 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done Tessie Bear.

Well good day for me yesterday as I managed to get in all my fitbit steps and hit the stair climb too :j This can be quit difficult for me normally during the week as I have a fairly desk bound job but I am making sure I get up and move around even if its going to get printing every time I print instead of going twice a day. Baby steps :D

Food was within my allowance but although I stuck to breakfast and lunch fine (and I resisted the cream cakes in the staff room) I did end up with a takeaway chinese for my dinner as the boys were desperate for one. Mind you I still managed to stay in my calories so that was good.

Menu for today:
    Breakfast: 2 small slices of wholemeal bread toasted with bacon medallions
    snack: Belvita3
    lunch: home made tomato soup, Bernard Matthews chicken tikka, 2 x satsumas and yoghurt
    Dinner; Pasta with Bacon and mushrooms in a Creamy mushroom and gorgonzola sauce (leftovers will be taken for lunch tomorrow)
  • TiredTrophy
    TiredTrophy Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oh, Food Glorious food is playing on radio 2!! I want it all!

Tonight will be spanish omelette. I hope to get out to the gym.
  • zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 19 October 2017 at 9:50AM
    Options
    Does anyone know of a website where you can enter the main ingredient of a meal and a calorie range that you want and it gives you a selection of recipes but just for ONE person.

Usually recipes are for two or four people which is ok if there are two or four people eating it but if there is only ONE person eating and you divide the ingredients by four what do you do with the three quarters of an avocado, or half an egg that's left behind - I do hate waste - but if I make the recipe for 4 and put the extra in the fridge to eat later - 'later' never happens as I snack on it and it disappears. help
  • katiepants
    Options
    Plan for today:
    More veg hotpot for lunch (finally finished it now!)
    Sausage casserole currently in the slow cooker but not sure if I'll have that or some breaded chicken I have in the freezer...

Trying to resist the office biscuits!
    Sealed pot challenge 11: number 594
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi to new joiners *waves*

Had an absolutely disastrous day yesterday involving biscuits, ice cream and a bounty. I honestly don't know what happened, it wasn't stress related like it usually is, I'm going to have to work harder today!

I gave up my vegan experiment because I felt exhausted and thought I was getting the balance wrong, but I saw an ex-vegan guy I know who said that that is how you feel for the first two weeks and then you feel great. I don't know whether to try again or not, but I was certainly losing weight on it.
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    zafiro1984 wrote: »
    Does anyone know of a website where you can enter the main ingredient of a meal and a calorie range that you want and it gives you a selection of recipes but just for ONE person.

Usually recipes are for two or four people which is ok if there are two or four people eating it but if there is only ONE person eating and you divide the ingredients by four what do you do with the three quarters of an avocado, or half an egg that's left behind - I do hate waste - but if I make the recipe for 4 and put the extra in the fridge to eat later - 'later' never happens as I snack on it and it disappears. help

Try THIS zafiro - it could give you a starting point!
    Must use my stash up!
  • zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks Knit Witch, I already use this website but it's the same problem, they always do portions for 2 4 or 6 never individual. Sorry to be a pain and I do appreciate you taking the trouble to post - Thanks
  • TiredTrophy
    TiredTrophy Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just raided the gurken jar...so hungry.....walked away from the cheese.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure