IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

MIL Collections !!

Options
So,

Earlier this month is realised I had a CCJ from MIL, Changed address and they sent claim form to old address, even tho I changed it early last year.

So, have filed N244 with the court to set aside and done some research in respect of defence to dismiss claim. Happy to show respected members my defence via DM, if anyone has something to add that would be great!

Have a court date for the 28th of Feb for the set aside and today received this from MIL.

First communication, I know the debt is for a parking fine, but I have no other details!

Amazing how they attempt to bribe me if I don't go for costs! Im very much intending going for costs.. starting with £255!!

I can't post the image of the letter as Im new :beer:

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    AshleyKent wrote: »
    So,

Earlier this month is realised I had a CCJ from MIL, Changed address and they sent claim form to old address, even tho I changed it early last year.

So, have filed N244 with the court to set aside and done some research in respect of defence to dismiss claim. Happy to show respected members my defence via DM, if anyone has something to add that would be great!

Have a court date for the 28th of Feb for the set aside and today received this from MIL.

First communication, I know the debt is for a parking fine, but I have no other details!

Amazing how they attempt to bribe me if I don't go for costs! Im very much intending going for costs.. starting with £255!!

I can't post the image of the letter as Im new :beer:

would love to see that letter

upload to a free hosting site like photobucket and then paste the address here but using hxxp in place of http

someone will make it go live
  • AshleyKent
    Options
    hxxps://s24.postimg.org/we3uih4gl/img002.jpg
  • System
    System Posts: 178,101 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    What they want to do is to con you again by telling you if you pay them the amount and their costs they won't dispute it.
  • twhitehousescat
    twhitehousescat Posts: 5,368 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 15 February 2017 at 8:32PM
    Options
    img002.jpg

umm , yup they want you to pay up and , they want you to sign a disclaimer which might inc not being able to sue them and the PPC for DPA claims

edit : MIL have been TOLD by the DVLA they cannot work on parking matters http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/mil-collections-promises-dvla-it-will.html

so if they defend it they are stuffed!
  • beamerguy
    edited 15 February 2017 at 7:18PM
    Options
    AshleyKent wrote: »
    hxxps://s24.postimg.org/we3uih4gl/img002.jpg

https://s24.postimg.org/we3uih4gl/img002.jpg

Whilst others have a read bring yourself up to date about MIL
    DVLA confirm massive data protection breach to MIL Collections
    http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/dvla-confirm-massive-data-protection.html

MIL have been buying up debts from parking companies and there is a data breach
    Search the Parking Prankster site for the MIL horror stories

MIL are in trouble and the courts know it.

Yes, they will want to wriggle out of this but frankly there is enough evidence for a court to hang them
  • Lamilad
    Lamilad Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    Options
    img002.jpg

umm , NO , they want you to sign a disclaimer which might inc not being able to sue them and the PPC for DPA claims

edit : MIL have been TOLD by the DVLA they cannot work on parking matters http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/mil-collections-promises-dvla-it-will.html

so if they defend it they are stuffed!

DVLA have said they're not taking action against MIL because they didn't 'intentionally' breach KADOE.... Utter rubbish!

As HO87 rightly commented:
    "From the point of view of s.13(1) DPA it matters not whether the breach was intentional or otherwise. The wording is simply:

"An individual who suffers damage by reason of any contravention by a data controller of any of the requirements of this Act is entitled to compensation from the data controller for that damage."

It says "any contravention" not "any intentional or negligent contravention".
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    yup read all that , but they have now told the DVLA that they will stop

if they oppose the setaside , they are lieing to the DVLA , this setaside could kill them

and asking you to sign that you will not retaliate to claim for all their bad actions , (lots of) is a farce
  • AshleyKent
    Options
    So to clarify! We all hate MIL.

And...

Not only can I claim for the costs, I can also make a claim for the breach of DP, this gets better by the hour!!

Im not sure if I should reply to this demand letter or wait till the set aside is completed to then defend and request costs?
  • beamerguy
    Options
    Lamilad wrote: »
    DVLA have said they're not taking action against MIL because they didn't 'intentionally' breach KADOE.... Utter rubbish!

As HO87 rightly commented:
    "From the point of view of s.13(1) DPA it matters not whether the breach was intentional or otherwise. The wording is simply:

"An individual who suffers damage by reason of any contravention by a data controller of any of the requirements of this Act is entitled to compensation from the data controller for that damage."

It says "any contravention" not "any intentional or negligent contravention".

The DVLA is complete rubbish and will remain so whilst David Dunford is around.

HO87 is right and just because the DVLA comes out with rubbish, a court judge will be aware of the above DPA

Regardless what the DVLA will do now .....
    DVLA confirm massive data protection breach to MIL Collections and that is what matters in court
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure