IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

MIL Collections !!

Options

Comments

• AshleyKent
    Options
    This is all great news for me !!
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    a lot of things (dpa claims) etc will depend of method used

name of parking Co

sid they apply to DVLA for your details , or did you write to them
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,285 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    AshleyKent wrote: »
    So to clarify! We all hate MIL.

And...

Not only can I claim for the costs, I can also make a claim for the breach of DP, this gets better by the hour!!

Im not sure if I should reply to this demand letter or wait till the set aside is completed to then defend and request costs?

I've written a defence and DPA misuse counter-claim for a MIL case only a few weeks ago for someone I took off-forum. Do you want to send me a pm and I will help you too, this is offered free (of course) when I have time, for MIL cases, and I can certainly assist with one more.

Who was the original PPC?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    So to clarify! We all hate MIL.

And...

Not only can I claim for the costs, I can also make a claim for the breach of DP, this gets better by the hour!!

Im not sure if I should reply to this demand letter or wait till the set aside is completed to then defend and request costs?

Why reply to a such a pleading letter, they have already said they will not object and that is ready for the judge.

On the other hand you could write them TO CONFIRM the data breach and whilst you will still go to court, your claim for your costs will be involved plus up to £750 for the data breach
    You may however accept a final settlement of £500 to which you will advise the judge face to face
  • Lamilad
    Lamilad Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    I've written a defence and DPA misuse counter-claim for a MIL case only a few weeks ago for someone I took off-forum. Do you want to send me a pm and I will help you too, this is offered free (of course) when I have time, for MIL cases, and I can certainly assist with one more.

FYI: This is an offer that you do NOT turn down
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    beamerguy wrote: »
    Why reply to a such a pleading letter, they have already said they will not object and that is ready for the judge.

On the other hand you could write them TO CONFIRM the data breach and whilst you will still go to court, your claim for your costs will be involved plus up to £750 for the data breach
    You may however accept a final settlement of £500 to which you will advise the judge face to face

only if the non claim form is signed
  • AshleyKent
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »

Dm is on its way!

In regard to the other question of the PPC, all I know is it was in Wembley by the arena on a private road, no idea of the PPC, but I intend on driving that way next week to find out!

Info was obtained via DVLA, I have never written to anyone!
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    edited 15 February 2017 at 7:57PM
    Options
    This is all great news for me !!

You will be fine, accept the help of coupon-mad, she is hated by this vermin.

Enjoy this one, I am certain a judge will be 100% on your side especially with the "blackmail" approach from MIL

As long as you are in court to confirm the set aside, it matters not whether MIL attend
    THEN, if MIL fail to pay you after a judgement, send in the court bailiffs to collect money or goods to the value of which the courts pay you when they sell the goods

This really is judgement day for MIL
  • AshleyKent
    Options
    beamerguy wrote: »
    You will be fine, accept the help of coupon-mad, she is hated by this vermin.

Enjoy this one, I am certain a judge will be 100% on your especially with the "blackmail" approach from MIL

As long as you are in court to confirm the set aside, it matters not whether MIL attend
    THEN, if MIL fail to pay you after a judgement, send in the court bailiffs to collect money or goods to the value of which the courts pay you when they sell the goods

This really is judgement day for MIL

The more I'm reading the more I think MIL will fold before court and I will be left with no costs!

That would be annoying!
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    you may want to send a letter in the morning

you may want to send a letter like the one below , fill in your detaild / vrn and add dates a few weeks before and a few weeks after the ticket (2 mths after)

Example Letter

[Your Address]

DVLA Vehicle Record Enquiries section

Longview Road

Morriston

Swansea

SA99 1AJ

Dear Sirs

Re: VRM AB12 XYZ

As the Registered Keeper of the above VRM could you advise who has accessed my personal details with regards to this marque, how often and when did the DVLA send the keeper details out. Please advise the information with regards to events between xx/xx/xx/ and xx/xx/xx.

I understand there is no charge for this information and look forward to your speedy reply.

Yours faithfully

Mr Registered Keeper

in your case you do not know the date of the offence (or do you?) , so you may have to expand the dates , and hopefully use the VRN of the vehicle involved
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport