• smallholdingsister
    Options
    Two week half term? Lush!
    Any news of the lodgers moving on?
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    They get the key this coming Friday. Although am not sure exactly when they will be gone from here completely...

I had another big dip last night and ended up going out for a run(!). And then dd had pretty massive hysterics over her great-uncle (who died from cancer just over a year ago) brought on by what she was reading in a Jacqueline Wilson book. A tiring end to the day, and she ended up sleeping with us.

Today is a new day. Dh is still snoozing - I suspect he slept the worst last night; dd is finishing that book, and I'm mooching on here. Not sure if we'll go to church...

And yes, 2 weeks is awesome! (even though I'd rather return to having 3 weeks at Christmas instead...)
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Three weeks at Christmas!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Yes - it was awesome! Time to unwind before the 25th, enjoy the fun and festivities and New Year, and go back to work refreshed.

My previous workplace went back the week of gcse results, had the usual 1 week in October, and 9 days at Christmas, and only 2 days at Feb half term. The amount of staff illness in the Spring term was huuuge.

Anyhow, when I get things back into perspective and see just how much/little leave dh has, I know I'm blessed.

A very good friend once said to me that she would like to have my holidays, but not the bits in between the breaks :D
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Aint that the truth!
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    A super lazy day. Most of both rugby matches watched. Dh took dd up to the playground.

A bowl of rasps picked - getting to the end of them now.

4 hanging gingerbread men made. Would have been more but only had so much of the right-coloured felt.

Tomorrow:
    -whites wash
    -school run
    -c00p?
    -longish walk/run
    -library?
    -descale bathroom taps
    -sweep
    -sew a button on my jacket
    -iron?
    -do an inventory of hanging tree decs
    -make a soupy thingy using roasted BNS
    -secret knitting
  • apple_muncher
    Options

Tomorrow:
    -whites wash :T and a colours one too:T
    -school run :T
    -c00p? :D NOPE - why seek out spending money!
    -longish walk/run :T Oh yes indeedy
    -library?
    -descale bathroom taps
    -sweep
    -sew a button on my jacket
    -iron?
    -do an inventory of hanging tree decs :T
    -make a soupy thingy using roasted BNS
    -secret knitting :T Getting there - it's the pesky finishing off and stitching it all together stage...

Off to the library now, for free! Also have a sainz voucher as well as a c00p, but will go there tomorrow for gf stuff, as the prescription foods aren't forthcoming...
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Oops. Went in to sainz. Spent money. 2x gf loaves, 2x gf crumpets, 2x innocent smoothies, 1x kallo stock cube= £15 exactly. Triple points voucher. 300 points for a £15 spend voucher. 62p price match voucher. Nectar points now = £18.48. Will let dd spend it in argus I think.

Library visit done.

Sewed a button on my jacket.

Ironed Christmas transfer thingies onto 4 bags.

Washed up!

Finally finished the knitted doll's dress + hat. Tis a tad squiffy, but nowhere near as squiffy as my Angelina with her head lolling over to her shoulder!

Now to put other knitting away, hidden from dd, and go and collect her. She was wanting to go up to the playground after school, to show me her new trick. Having got her 3 more library books, she may opt to stay in...
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Tuesday:
    - check out old ripped duvet cover to see if it can be used to make bags - and if it can, then make some bags!
    - BNS soupy thingy
    - check chemist for dd's prescription
    - descale copiously
    - tidy up the garden?
    - visit friend late morning for coffee
    - take a bag to the ch shop? (before visiting friend)
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    Old duvet cover was v yellowy and musty so can go into rag recyc. Along with an old sheet and some pillow protectors I was going to sew up but which are also yellowy.

Need to add 'make cherry bakewells' to list as dd will keep eating them!

2 brown bag bits cut out, and othrr fabrics selected for tomorrow. I shall try to get up at 6 and do the pastry and soup before the others need the kitchen. Or I could wait until they have left... Tis a nice choice to have.

Dd opted for the playground today, so my steps are over 18k.

Dss said that they'll try to take a bootful of stuff to the flat on fri - but deprnds on what time he can get keys, and if/when he has practicals. And then come back here for fri night, please. They hope to get an argus delivery - including a bed - for the sat. Things are moving! Lovely friend gave them some kitchrn stuff - cutlery, knives, glasses, colandrr, blender, cafetiere. We shall add in some plates and'bowls... We are going to get the 'posh' crockery out and into general use :D.

Just moticed that dd is asleep so I shall go downsyairs and see the big people.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback