Apple muncher's number crunching

Options

Comments

• smallholdingsister
    Options
    How good does it feel to have your house back?!
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,726 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Can't quite believe it yet...

I stripped the bed and shoved it in the machine, then started hoovering the room. Dh calls up that dss said he'd do that (when?????) - so I asked if there was anything else dss had said, as I'd already cleared the bed. The reply was that they might be back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Ah well, the bedding still got washed, the futon got rolled up and the floor got hoovered.

They did scoot off at about 8.30 as argus were delivering a mattress, so I'd thought it safe to assume any return visits would just be for bits and bobs...not sleepovers...

So, until the room is guaranteed to be used no longer by them, I guess I don't quite feel free. But that will come.

Payday soon and just 7 days until I can see what is leftover. However, a full week of half term first...

My budget for the month had £32 wiggle room. The unexpected payouts thus far include 21 for taekwondo classes, 34 for the taekwondo suit, 6 for a disco + costume, 11 for a school photo, 9 for love in a box. Hmmm, 81 in total. However, paying for almost everything with cash (just 1x fuel, 1x amazn, 1x aldee) has worked well, so I shall do it again next month.

November: the 10k KB swings challenge; a couple of parents' evenings and staff meetings for me; dh's eye op + various follow-up appointments; dd's Christmas fair; a governor meeting; a day trip to Lille...

That'll do for now! Off to research local Brownie packs...
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    And they have gone :j

:T:T:T:T:j:j:j:j
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Yay yay yay yay x x x x x x x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    And at 7pm tonight, they are back :eek:.

Their boiler isn't working, so no hot water, so they asked to return here for the night. I just think they have no backbone. They only got the flat because dh is the guarantor, and he is paying the rent from his own bank account for the first 6 months for them, as they have no credit history. (they are paying him 2 days before the money leaves his account). Otherwise, they could not have rented privately but would have had to have a house share.

:mad: at them for imposing on him yet again and not learning to cope on their own, but running back. I did smirk at the idea of saying 'no', but know that dh would not let me!!!

ps I reAlise my rantings may be rather skewed and a tad biased. Sorry!
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    They are wusses if no hot water has them scurrying back!!

Hopefully the landlord has got it sorted today and your house is lodger-free
    xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • apple_muncher
    edited 25 October 2015 at 9:39PM
    Options
    It would seem that the landlord can only be contacted mon-fri. Tis laughable!

Anyhow, they have arrived while I'm up here with dd, so I do not know the full story... Then I can deliver a total wuss/ big girl's blouse/ spineless wimp/ (or not...) verdict.

Dh has had an awful day. The videoing went badly and the limk up with the other 2 churches did not work due to v poor sound, so they both cut the link. Once home, he copied the recording on to a memory stick (he'd improved the sound quality) and took it to church #4 for their afternoon service,only to find that it did not work, despite working when here.

He got home in a right state, feeling that he had let people down. However, salmon in a cajun battrr + hm chips + wine seem to have sorted him out.

Dd and I skipped church yet again this morning but did scoot/ walk/ trot to take the thank you plant to lovely friend - about 3miles there and back. We stayed a while and the girls played well, and we caught up. She has agreed to have dd regularly after school on a weds for me. She is a star! This should mean that I can continue doing 4 days.

Another couple of NSDs this weekend, which is good. But I don-t think there'll be any more this week. Dh has tomorrow off and we may simply go local, to a park, ch shops + coffee shop. One of his pastimes is wandering round shops - I cannot do it!! So I sometimes send him off on his own to pootle round. But, tomorrow being a 'family day', we shall all stick together!

Oooh, that extra hour may just have worn dd out as I believe she may already be asleep.... :D

Edit: dd's NOT asleep...
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hope you get your house back tomorrow :eek:.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    gallygirl wrote: »
    Hope you get your house back tomorrow :eek:.

Me too x x x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • apple_muncher
    Options
    I think I go with the 'wuss' verdict... Combi boiler thingy's pilot light won't ignite and they were unable to locate the gas stop/start turny thingy. They have a kettle and pans and managed to heat water for washing up... So, still not quite sure why they are here...?????? Having spent 2 of my uni years above the snowline with no heating, and having had the heating system go caput here in mid-winter for several days, it does seem rather Wimpy Kid. (not that I have read the books, so apologies to Mr Wimpy Kid for any aspersions cast on his name and reputation...)

Oh, and we have also acquired a non-functioning laptop (dss's BRAND NEW one - gee thanks windowz10) that is refusing to respond to anything dh is doing. Dss will have to leave it here for a while...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback