We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Apple muncher's number crunching

Comments

• hiddenshadow
    hiddenshadow Posts: 2,525 Forumite
    However, I'm tempted to invite my mum down for the weekend and thus render the room occupied!

I like this plan - forces them to consider other options without saying anything outright. :)
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,917 Forumite
    Tenth Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! 10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    Mother has been invited. Whether she actually reads the text is another matter! She's even worse than me for bothering with her mobile...
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • I share your pain regarding boomerang adult children. My dsd currently has her own room in our house but hasn't slept in it for three weeks. But it is still her room, we can't use it in case she gets the urge to come back. If we were not a blended family, she wouldn't get away with it......
    Paid off mortgage nine years early in 2013. Now picking and choosing our work to fit in with the rest of our lives!
    Still thrifty though, after all these years:D
  • apple_muncher
    Dss isn't even a real boomerang child. His mum sent him to boarding school at age 11, and he has never lived with us for us to inculcate/ instill our practically-perfect way of life into him...

I went to put out a bag of rubbish and had to lift out some stuff to put it properly into the bin bag, and removed 2x 1 litre plastic bottles and 2x thick timeout magazines from a couple of bags they had put in there. Recycling is made so easy to do and they just could not be bothered. Grrr.

Anyhow, dd is not yet dressed. I am :D. And I have started my Kettlebell challenge with 500 swings. I nearly stopped at 400 as I was starting to feel it all over, but decided that since every 100 = 1%, then it was worth keeping going to the end. 9,500 left to go...

Payday has happened, and it looks right. I shall move stuff around on the 31st or 1st. I shall do November in cash again. There's not as much left at the end of October, due to lending a friend 310 - gulp! At least I had the money there - wasn't sure if work would want the overpayment back, or would sort it out in October's pay.

The downstairs has been thoroughly swept - sofas moved out and everything. Now to tackle to washing up stacks...
  • apple_muncher
    Friday looks like a staying in day. Ovo should be here between 12 and 6. And, hopefully, dd's little friend can come for the day - or most of it.

So, to do:
    - washing
    - prep dd's school bags
    - spellings?
    - look through present stash for the love in a box gaps to fill
    - drop paperwork to neighbour
    - put futon away (mother not coming as not too well)
    - name bunnies
    - plan meals to next friday
    - make some Christmas cards - look out green fabrics and stampers for suitable ones
    - 400 KB swings?
    - re-work November monies
  • apple_muncher
    Friday looks like a staying in day. Ovo should be here between 12 and 6. And, hopefully, dd's little friend can come for the day - or most of it.

So, to do:
    - washing :Tx2
    - prep dd's school bags
    - spellings?
    - look through present stash for the love in a box gaps to fill :T
    - drop paperwork to neighbour :T
    - put futon away (mother not coming as not too well) :T
    - name bunnies
    - plan meals to next friday
    - make some Christmas cards - look out green fabrics and stampers for suitable ones
    - 400 KB swings? :T
    - re-work November monies :T

0v0 man came and installed the smart meter thingy- all v painless.

Dd's little friend here from 1, so 2 happy girls - scooters, bike, skipping rope and then play d'oh.

Made mayonnaise and then coleslaw to put it on. It is now in a He11man's jar, so we'll see if dh notices...

Dug out some fabric but decided I'd better finish the bags first, before starting another project... I managed to iron a transfer on the wrong way round, thus making the iron sticky and unusable. Shame :D

400 KB swings done - boy can I feel it again.

Also cut dd's hair by a couple of inches, trying to reduce the knotfest...
  • hiddenshadow
    hiddenshadow Posts: 2,525 Forumite
    Dug out some fabric but decided I'd better finish the bags first, before starting another project... I managed to iron a transfer on the wrong way round, thus making the iron sticky and unusable. Shame :D

I haven't done this yet but am always paranoid that I will!
  • apple_muncher
    The daft thing is that I spent quite a bit of time deciding which was the right way round - and still got it wrong!
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,689 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Debt-free and Proud! Rampant Recycler
    Noooooo! I hate it when my iron is inoperable (seriously!) - one year it broke on Xmas Eve, so I ordered on online from JLEw1s and nipped to Tessco to buy a cheap one to tide me over in the meantime! :D:D
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • apple_muncher
    My wonderful dh has cleaned up the iron for me. Admittedly, the sticky patch was only 1" square, but he worked hard, with lots of different and very smelly liquids, and then set it on to 'auto clean', which I freely admit to not knowing how to work(!), so tomorrow I can tackle the ironing pile. Oh joy!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 345.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 251K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 451K Spending & Discounts
  • 237.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 612.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 174.3K Life & Family
  • 251K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.