PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Eating out of the freezer and cupboards challenge - part two

Options

Comments

• Kirri
    Kirri Posts: 6,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Fridge stocked with loads of lovely fresh summer salad and fruit, so I've eaten a rainbow today.

Loving the colours in your meals!

No cooking here really, snacking still.. more pitta, salads, houmous, falafels, nut butter & toast, fruit. I did finish off the 2nd portion of spanish potato & bean stew but I seem to have lost the energy for cooking at the moment.

Did actually make houmous from dried chickpeas this weekend - I've stuck half of it in the freezer as sure I read on here somewhere it freezes... will see.
  • cheerfulness4
    cheerfulness4 Posts: 2,874 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    It does freeze well, kirri. I made some of weezl74's up and froze it. She used to freeze it in sandwiches for her husbands lunches as I recall. :)
  • Kirri
    Options
    It does freeze well, kirri. I made some of weezl74's up and froze it. She used to freeze it in sandwiches for her husbands lunches as I recall. :)

Great, thanks for confirming :D I'll test it out at the end of the week and if ok I may cook more next time, I just used 100g chickpeas this time. Need to buy more chickpeas as I'm eating a lot of houmous...

Lunch - pitta with houmous, salad & falafels.

Dinner - breadsticks, houmous, salad & falafels.

No cooking again :o

[IMG][/img]2014-06-23173428_zpse39a9904.jpg
  • Older_But_Not_Wiser
    Options
    Evening all :)

Kirri that looks so appetising, as always. Don't blame you on the no cooking score, can't really be bothered myself at the moment hence why I'm eating so much salad!

Had a sardine salad for lunch and am pondering whether to have some pasta for supper or another salad (or both :D). Only 8 or so tins of sardines left now and three tins of tuna but I'm off to C*stco tomorrow with a friend so should be able to stock up again. Need to bulk buy some coffee pods/hot chocolate as well. Will be doing my best to resist the siren call of the mini cinnamon rolls but we'll see...
  • ms_night_ryder
    ms_night_ryder Posts: 3,029 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all.

Not been posting much lately, but I have taken some ys ttd burger out, cheddar cheese flavour and sweet chilli flavour and made some meatballs, also made a tomato sauce, mb are currently in the oven tommy sauce is bubbling on the stove, having it with some rice I got from my grandmas, its the last bit, im having a family meal on sunday, hopefully I will bring back dinner lol, I had dinner with my gram on sunday and brought back dinner for Monday.

Need to do a shop, as I really fancy a sald right now.
    Lose 28lb 3/28lb
    SPC Member 1522/2012-£264/ new pot 2013
  • Older_But_Not_Wiser
    Options
    (Early) Evening all:)

I'm being a bit boring with meals this week as I'm glued to Wimbledon on the TV and don't want to miss matches through being in the kitchen for too long. Fishfingers and homemade potato wedges with baked beans for dinner last night, and it'll be the same again tonight so haven't bothered to take a photo.

I'm off to Wimbledon to watch the tennis tomorrow so did a quick nip round the shops to find some picnic type food to take with me and found plenty of reduced stuff in Markus & Spencicus and Waitflower (love that name MrsF!) so managed to get a delicious looking feast for just a few quid. Even got some strawberries and cherries to take along, courtesy of C*stco on Tuesday so all set. Just hope the rain holds off. Hope you're all enjoying yourselves too.
  • Kirri
    Options
    ^ ooh lucky you, I want to go to Wimbledon though ideally as a comp win rather than paying! Think it's due to rain tomorrow though :( I've been watching more football than tennis, there's far too much to manage to watch it all!

I sort of cooked today - broad beans and mint fresh off the allotment mixed with olive oil, bit of salt and had it on toasted sourdough. I should have done a pic, it looked lovely! but I was too hungry to bother :D

Followed by a slice of sourdough and cashew butter.

Followed by a few squares of coffee choc (didn't like this, tasted like it had coffee grouts in it yuk but persevered to eat the bar!).

Mid pm snack was a nectarine.

Lunch was pitta with salad and HM houmous and yam falafels (didn't like these either but will eat them).
  • ms_night_ryder
    ms_night_ryder Posts: 3,029 Forumite
    Options
    Hey guys!

Ive not done much cooking today been picking mainly, but just had a pretty yummy dinner, I got some reduced ugo fresh pasta shells today while in Waitflower (must be catching) so instead of the spaghetti I had that, as it was only 4 minutes to cook, I also had some leftover b!chamel sauce, added some tomato sauce, to the meatballs topped with ww mozerella, so good, I will be making tht again, my tomato sauce is so good, need to stock up on some more cartons of tomatoes.

In the freezer went a triple chocolate muffin and the rest of the ugo fresh pasta, which I can take out from the freezer and cook straight away.

I am no stuffed, just going to have some flavoured water I made, pineapple and mint, its really good.

Have fun at the tennis older, take an umbrella, I Love Costco strawberries, they are usually quite big.
    Lose 28lb 3/28lb
    SPC Member 1522/2012-£264/ new pot 2013
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi, got some carrot tops, want to use but not pesto, would like to use store cupboard ingredients, have potatoes, onions, courgettes, peas, sweetcorn and a pointy cabbage. Have almost emptied one freezer so am trying hard. Any suggestions gratefully received. Many thanks
  • sillyme673
    sillyme673 Posts: 210 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can I just say, all of the photos look great and very yummy. Alwsys make me feel hungry. :T
    Death comes to us all.When he came to Mort, he offered him a job. MORT by Terry Pratchett.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback