Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • vigman
    • By vigman 23rd Sep 13, 8:49 AM
    • 1,285Posts
    • 299Thanks
    vigman
    Vodafone - worst website?
    • 23rd Sep 13, 8:49 AM
    Vodafone - worst website? 23rd Sep 13 at 8:49 AM
    Within the family I manage phone accounts on Orange/EE, O2 and Vodafone. All web sites but Vodafone's work like clockwork.

There is some problem EVERY time I use the Vodafone site. The most common is logging in to my online account and getting the blue Oracle page telling you to contact your administrator. After several attempts, the login page appears. This is using Chrome. In Firefox, the login is usually successful but the page that should offer the different packages has a header but the options are invisible!

I have a valid, registered debit card for PAYG top ups. This now never gets authorised for payment, though when I ring Barclays to check, they say that payment has not been refused!?

I check with Vodafone and they have no problem manually with the card.

I often end up going to buy a top up voucher from the local Post Office which is pretty inconvenient as I am disabled.

Another fault is buying a Freedom Freebe topup and this appearing in the general balance amount. A call to Vodafone then leads to a transfer to the right pack.....but then the Freebe award is not given leading to another phone call.

This is not occasional faults, but every time I use their website.

You would think a telecoms giant could get this right!

Do any other folk here have similar problems with Vodafone's website?

TIA

Vigman

PS After posting this, I thought I would be fair and try again and got:

Sorry – we’re making some changes to our site
    Don’t worry – you can still buy online
    Go to our online shop
    Need some help?
    You can call us and talk to our customer services
    You can get help on a range of topics in Support
    You can ask others for advice and tips in our eForum
    Last edited by vigman; 23-09-2013 at 8:53 AM.
Page 1
    • vigman
    • By vigman 23rd Sep 13, 9:01 AM
    • 1,285 Posts
    • 299 Thanks
    vigman
    • 23rd Sep 13, 9:01 AM
    • 23rd Sep 13, 9:01 AM
    ....so tried calling 2345. On this occasion I get a message saying they are experiencing problems and will send an SMS when services are available...BUT...I forgot the buying Catch22:

Ring 2345 and navigate to 'Buy a 10 Freedom Freebee pack' and then get told you do not have enough money in your account to buy a pack!"..even though I have a registered card they could use or have a system for taking the card details automatically over the phone. You have to top up your account, (when the system is up) and then go back and buy a pack.

Vigman
    • vigman
    • By vigman 23rd Sep 13, 9:45 AM
    • 1,285 Posts
    • 299 Thanks
    vigman
    • 23rd Sep 13, 9:45 AM
    • 23rd Sep 13, 9:45 AM
    ...just got a text saying phone service was now available. I now got the option of buying on a debit card.....went all the way through with numbers and postcode etc and at the end got..."sorry, this service is not currently available"! GRRRRR

Vigman
  • Vodafone
    • 26th Sep 13, 9:31 AM
    • 26th Sep 13, 9:31 AM
    Hi vigman,

I'm sorry to read about the problems you're having here.

If you're still in need of some help could you email me with your details via the link in our profile here?

All you need to do is copy and paste the link into your web browser and it will take you to the Contact us form on our website. To make sure it reaches me could you also quote the code WRT135 - MSE in the subject line?

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. So I can make sure I've got it could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as soon as possible?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations

Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • littlemiss_pretty
    • By littlemiss_pretty 4th Oct 13, 2:31 PM
    • 78 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    littlemiss_pretty
    • 4th Oct 13, 2:31 PM
    • 4th Oct 13, 2:31 PM
    Hi Vigman,

I am having the same problems on their website but I have had this problem since last year ever sice I changed my phone number and e-mail address and since then I can't log into my account with full access.

Have they sorted your problem out or still looking into it?

Hope it does get sorted as it is very annoying.
    • vigman
    • By vigman 10th Oct 13, 8:35 AM
    • 1,285 Posts
    • 299 Thanks
    vigman
    • 10th Oct 13, 8:35 AM
    • 10th Oct 13, 8:35 AM
    Apologies, I haven't visited back here for a while. The next time I need to top up, I'll see how easy it goes.

If I have yet more problems, I'll contact the Vodafone rep and also keep the forum informed.

Vigman
  • Vodafone
    • 11th Oct 13, 7:44 AM
    • 11th Oct 13, 7:44 AM
    Hi Vigman,

Thanks for returning to the thread.

However, it's disappointing to see that you're still experiencing difficulties.

Once you've sent your email let me know your reference number from our automated reply and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations

Vodafone UK
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • PaulB79
    • By PaulB79 11th Oct 13, 7:58 AM
    • 94 Posts
    • 55 Thanks
    PaulB79
    • 11th Oct 13, 7:58 AM
    • 11th Oct 13, 7:58 AM
    I have been having problems with the Vodafone website as well.

I tried to pay my bill online and I get an error message telling me there is a problem with the website. I then receive an email telling me they are processing the payment.

I then try to set up a direct debit and get the same error message but an email saying they are dealing with my request.

I now have know idea if either are being dealt with!

Their website is terrible!
  • Vodafone
    • 14th Oct 13, 11:51 AM
    • 14th Oct 13, 11:51 AM
    Hi PaulB79,

Thanks for making me aware of your concerns.

If you'd like me to check your account to make sure that everything is sorted out, could you email me with your details via the link in our profile here?

All you need to do is copy and paste the link into your web browser and it'll take you to the Contact us form on our website. To make sure it reaches me could you also quote the code WRT135 - MSE in the subject line?

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. So I can make sure I've got it could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as soon as possible?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations

Vodafone UK
  • s2user
    To the original poster: Yes, I agree - Vodafone's website is almost comically bad. I get the "Sorry – we’re making some changes to our site" almost more often than not - it's really that bad.

I run a very small company, and even at my level, I'd be mortified if my website was down as much as theirs is. As for "making some changes" to a website - during office hours? On the live server? They must be joking.

Anyway, I have my PAC code, and unless they ring me today and make me an incredibly good offer, I'm out of here. The person I spoke to last night didn't seem particularly interested in retaining customers.
  • JohalaReewi
    I agree. Vodafone website is a joke. There are so many broken links, and pages regularly vanish only to reappear many days later with a few 'enhancements'.
  • Vodafone
    Hi s2user and JohalaReewi,

It's disappointing to read about your respective online experiences.

If you're still having difficulties accessing your online accounts could you email me with your details via the link in our profile here?

All you need to do is copy and paste the link into your web browser and it'll take you to the Contact us form on our website. To make sure it reaches me could you also quote the code WRT135 - MSE in the subject line?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations

Vodafone UK
  • s2user
    Lee: Thanks for getting back to me - in fact, your responses here are the most useful customer service I've had from Vodafone. I'll let you know next time it happens so you can follow it up. Thanks again.
  • Vodafone
    You're more than welcome s2user.

Hopefully you won't experience any further problems but if you do you know where to find me.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations

Vodafone UK
    • vigman
    • By vigman 30th Oct 13, 3:50 PM
    • 1,285 Posts
    • 299 Thanks
    vigman
    OK, time to top up again.......first attempt on Chrome and I get the Oracle Access Server error page, so tried Firefox......exactly the same error (16.45 30/10/2013)

So now I need my mobile but can't top up on the website...yet again!

Since starting writing I have emailed using advised reference.

I have just tried logging in again and now the original error has gone and I am getting:

Sorry – we’re making some changes to our site
    Don’t worry – you can still buy online
    Go to our online shop
    Need some help?
    You can call us and talk to our customer services
    You can get help on a range of topics in Support
    You can ask others for advice and tips in our eForum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is the second or third month in succession that I have had to send someone out to buy a top up from a local shop as I am disabled.

Vigman
    Last edited by vigman; 30-10-2013 at 4:00 PM.
    • vigman
    • By vigman 30th Oct 13, 4:12 PM
    • 1,285 Posts
    • 299 Thanks
    vigman
    9th attempt and I got a log in and I thought I was there....via Firefox,

I got to the Top Up options for my valid card but then.....

Sorry - there seems to be a problem.

"There's been an authorisation error. Please try again after some time."

This is quite ridiculous!

Vigman

PS Tried the 2345 phone option and finally got to the end only to get: This service is not currently available!!!!!!!
    Last edited by vigman; 30-10-2013 at 5:38 PM.
    • Pippin12
    • By Pippin12 30th Oct 13, 4:32 PM
    • 507 Posts
    • 1,487 Thanks
    Pippin12
    I sympathise, for months whenever I tried to log in to my account I was instantly directed to the site map. Nothing anyone did made the slightest bit of difference. Today I jumped ship to Virgin and I'm so glad to have left vodaphone behind!
    • vigman
    • By vigman 30th Oct 13, 4:46 PM
    • 1,285 Posts
    • 299 Thanks
    vigman
    Just tried on my laptop and after three system errors got a login. Tried to buy on my authorised card (one hour after last failure)..........and failed again.

If my card is now inactivated I will be FURIOUS!!

Vigman
  • Vodafone
    Hi vigman,

I’m sorry to see all the problems you’re having.

You should have received an automated reply with a reference number. So I can make sure we've got your email, please update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Jenny
    Web Relations team
    Vodafone UK
    • vigman
    • By vigman 31st Oct 13, 4:25 PM
    • 1,285 Posts
    • 299 Thanks
    vigman
    WRT135 - MSE [#5043126]

Jenny, I just cannot understand how this has gone on for so long? It makes no difference which computer I use, which operating system or which browser.

I have failed to be able to login, or use my registered card if I do log in, for the last THREE MONTHS!?

The final straw is giving up on the web payment system and going through the telephone payment system only to get a message saying the service is not currently available at the very end.

As an ex-IT manager I would have thought that this level of error should have permanent teams of people trying to solve these issues for once and for all?

Unfortunately, only Vodafone has a strong signal in our house and I had to stop using O2 and Orange.

My wife has a Vodafone contract only because she had to have continuity in her service and we could not buy top ups when required. I have been without the use of my phone for a day now as no-one was around to go and buy me a top up voucher!

Vigman
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

550Posts Today

5,718Users online

Martin's Twitter