Compensation for delayed flights Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• romanby1
    romanby1 Posts: 294 Forumite
    Options
    Help us to help you. Not promising anything mind!

Firstly, flight date, time and flight number?

Secondly, have a look at the FAQs on page 1 of each airline specific thread or on the dedicated FAQs page for the link to what to do next.
    Why do people not read and digest the stickies at the top of this forum.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    you will need to ask the airline
  • natsplatnat
    natsplatnat Posts: 3,033 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    romanby1 wrote: »
    Why do people not read and digest the stickies at the top of this forum.

Because the link from the article I read took me straight to this thread - not the forum!!!

Thanks though! :(
    start = Wed 19th Nov 2008 £21,225
    end = Mon 28th Sept 2015 DEBT FREE!
    I love a good plan - it may not work.... but I love a good plan!
  • Mark2spark
    Mark2spark Posts: 2,306 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's a real shame that the regulars on this forum can't perform admin moderation and redirect some of the articles/questions :undecided
  • romanby1
    romanby1 Posts: 294 Forumite
    Options
    Having won our case albeit out of court and consulted this forum for many months.
    I am amazed at the pathetic excuses most of the airlines particularly the smaller ones are using to avoid paying the compensation due, even submitting defences that most people with a basic grasp of the English language would question.
    Particularly when it must be becoming obvious to them that many claimants are using sites like this one to gain knowledge and advice from the more knowledgeable members.
    If they were to put as much effort into making sure the aircraft were taking off within the 3 hour window and looked after their passengers in accordance with the regulation there would be less claims.
    Had we been given the Duty of Care during our 6 hour delay that we were entitled to and did not receive, I would have seriously considered not bothering to make a claim.
    The problem with big business in the UK is they have got away in the past with customers not complaining enough. With the present economic situation it is becoming hard for them to understand the customer has the upper hand and can now call the tune.
    This regulation and other legislation is going to have to make big business mend their ways.
  • natsplatnat
    natsplatnat Posts: 3,033 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 2 July 2013 at 11:01AM
    Options
    Help us to help you. Not promising anything mind!

Firstly, flight date, time and flight number?

Secondly, have a look at the FAQs on page 1 of each airline specific thread or on the dedicated FAQs page for the link to what to do next.

Thanks in advance... details below...

Olympic Holidays (Small Planet Airline)
    Flight number P7443 LGW - LCA (larnaca)
    LGW Depature date 22/06/2013 @ 09:40... delayed to 23/06/2013 @ 03:10... delayed to 23/06/2013 @ 04:10. Ended up on an Atlantic Airlines plane (if that has any bearing on anything?)

Have tried to find the details on Flightstat, but it doesn't appear to like my flight details.

Am off to digest more info.... thanks again!
    start = Wed 19th Nov 2008 £21,225
    end = Mon 28th Sept 2015 DEBT FREE!
    I love a good plan - it may not work.... but I love a good plan!
  • tilsley
    tilsley Posts: 7 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Quick question for you experts.

I have been chasing Sri Lankan for compensation for a 22 hour delayed flight to the Maldives in 2008.

I gave them the flight number ,dates and names of passengers. I even scanned and sent them the original booking confirmation. Based on that they couldn't check the flight and asked for the 13 digit ticket number that you get on your boarding pass.

That sounded to me like an attempt to make me lose interest and make it too hard to claim. Luckily my OCD desire to keep stuff like that meant I could send them the ticket number. That prompted an immediate response, apology and offer of `vouchers`; $200 per person ($400 total) to use against a ticket for the `inconvenience`.

My questions:

A) Are they taking the preverbial by asking me for ticket number when my name and flight info should be enough to check the flight?
    B) By offering the $400 are they admitting liability
    C) Can I tell them thanks but no thanks - give me the €1200 I am entitled too. I know that another member got offered the full €1200 in vouchers so feel there is plenty of wiggle room left. I might just have to play the game to get to the cash payment stage.

Thanks in advance.
  • da_murphster
    da_murphster Posts: 142 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all - a quick question for those of you who have experience of claiming, my wife and I were delayed by Easyjet to Belfast by 6 hours or so in 2009.

Unfortunately my wife did all the booking with her previous jobs email address (now turned off) so all I have is an email with the booking reference - ie nothing with our names on, no ticket stubs etc etc.

Any chance we can claim? We would need Easyjet to provide all the details for us to use against them?

I was considering using one of the claim companies who do everything for you for 20% (eg claim4flights) but cannot find any information on them - anyone used something like this?
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    Options
    tilsley wrote: »
    Quick question for you experts.

I have been chasing Sri Lankan for compensation for a 22 hour delayed flight to the Maldives in 2008.

I gave them the flight number ,dates and names of passengers. I even scanned and sent them the original booking confirmation. Based on that they couldn't check the flight and asked for the 13 digit ticket number that you get on your boarding pass.

That sounded to me like an attempt to make me lose interest and make it too hard to claim. Luckily my OCD desire to keep stuff like that meant I could send them the ticket number. That prompted an immediate response, apology and offer of `vouchers`; $200 per person ($400 total) to use against a ticket for the `inconvenience`.

My questions:

A) Are they taking the preverbial by asking me for ticket number when my name and flight info should be enough to check the flight?
    B) By offering the $400 are they admitting liability
    C) Can I tell them thanks but no thanks - give me the €1200 I am entitled too. I know that another member got offered the full €1200 in vouchers so feel there is plenty of wiggle room left. I might just have to play the game to get to the cash payment stage.

Thanks in advance.

a) yes
    b) no
    c) yes (not sure though about how easy it would be to take them to court in the UK - do they have a proper registered presence?)
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all - a quick question for those of you who have experience of claiming, my wife and I were delayed by Easyjet to Belfast by 6 hours or so in 2009.

Unfortunately my wife did all the booking with her previous jobs email address (now turned off) so all I have is an email with the booking reference - ie nothing with our names on, no ticket stubs etc etc.

Any chance we can claim? We would need Easyjet to provide all the details for us to use against them?

I was considering using one of the claim companies who do everything for you for 20% (eg claim4flights) but cannot find any information on them - anyone used something like this?

Should be fine - your names, dates and route of travel, and booking reference will be ample. Easyjet seem to be playing fairly, so you may get an "easy" time of it. Put inan application and see. No sense yet in involving a NWNF company (who'll take about 30% of your award).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback