Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Martin
    • By MSE Martin 11th Oct 06, 12:32 PM
    • 8,111Posts
    • 42,248Thanks
    MSE Martin
    0 WOW
    The Great Jessops Price Match Challenge!
    • 11th Oct 06, 12:32 PM
    0 WOW
    The Great Jessops Price Match Challenge! 11th Oct 06 at 12:32 PM
    The Great Jessops Price Match Challenge!

What’s it all about?

Jessops promises that if you see any product it sells cheaper, it’ll refund you the difference PLUS 10% percent. The best bit is that it’ll match online as well as high street prices.

How does it work?

When you find a product cheaper elsewhere, head over to Jessops with some proof – either a copy of the web page or catalogue. Alternatively note down the details and they will call the other retailer to confirm.

It promises to reduce its price by 110% of the difference i.e. if an item costs £300 at Jessops and you find it for £200 online, Jessops will sell it to you for £190.

P&P costs are taken into account if the other retailer is online and the offer excludes ex-display or closing down prices.

The Challenge.

Though claiming can be fiddly on higher priced items it can be worthwhile. The challenge is to find the bargains with the biggest price difference; so you can buy them at Jessops and save pounds.

Please note in your post

The price at Jessops
    The price at the competitor
    Details of how much you can save
    If possible please give a links to the product on both retailers’ websites

P.S. This discussion was originally started by the poster immediately below. This entry has been inserted so I can put an official, fully researched MoneySavingExpert.com explanation at the top. Thank you to moozer2 for the top spot.

Last edited by MSE Jenny; 31-10-2006 at 4:32 PM.
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.

Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.

Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,599Posts Today

6,252Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • "Sabrina, you're young. I'm not sure you've the experience I'm looking for in a business partner." Eh? Isn't the pr? https://t.co/IeTxBQq2OU

• I am predicting the word myself will be misused 6 times in today;s boardroom. What do yourself think? #TheApprentice

• Not sure how I ever succeeded running a successful entreprise? After all my gardening and garden design skills are? https://t.co/FFnvkjsGDU

• Follow Martin