The Great Jessops Price Match Challenge!

Comments

• I bought a digital camera from the Jessops website last month. It was cheaper on the website than in the shop and hadn't realised they price-matched and deducted 10%.

However instead of shopping directly on the jessops site, I went to the jessops website via Nectar.com........if you go via nectar you get an additional 10% off via this link aswell!!!

I don't know whether it will work, but technically I think you should be able to print out the price of a camera on the jessops website (via Nectar for the additional 10% off).........then go into the Jessops shop where they will give you another discount of 10% of the difference????? A bit complicated but I think it should work???
  • jessops normally give a refund if you return an item within 30 days, no questions asked.

So for the guy who`s friend purchased a camera before this offer, just take it back, get a refund and buy it again. Or if threy know what you are going to do, they may just refund the difference anyway.
  • Murtle
    Murtle Posts: 4,154 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    They have price matched against www.pixmania.co.uk in the past - must have been a couple of years ago when I did it for a Canon camera for a friend. Worth checking as they have competitive prices.

They do have signs around the store if you are confused!!
  • Babbler
    Babbler Posts: 3,083 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    They have been doing this or similar for a while. Last year I got my camera cheaper than the cheapest online website and their extended insurance worked out cheaper as well. I mentioned this on the forum a few months back :)

Always worth a go!

Also - the have a fairly thick book of sites they can match. If the site isnt on there they phone headoffice to check if they can do it. Pushe them to it and ask to see the book ;)
    Being bored is so boring Im bored of it... :rotfl:
  • moozer2
    moozer2 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Cheers Martin :beer:
  • ashmufc
    ashmufc Posts: 42 Forumite
    Can people please list what camera they got, instead of just the savings.

Thanks.
  • Jessops near me at the Merry Hill Centre in Brierley Hill price matched their own website offers (the Birmingham branch would not). I got a brand new Nikon D80 with 18-70mm lens for £699.99, with 0% for 12 months if I wanted it as well.

I'm about to start a new thread about their current offers.
  • circuit
    circuit Posts: 508 Forumite
    jessops in leeds (merrion centre) pricematched but no 10%. they also refused to do 10% student discount.
    they will not pricematch pixmania but accepted pretty much any other store.
  • Jessops in Fenchurch Street, London, refused to match the amazon.co.uk price on a Sandisk Extreme III Compact Flash 2GB memory card (£46.21 compared to Jessops' astonishing £119!!! :eek: ) because their head office said the Amazon price was 'less than cost' and 'may not be UK stock'.

Can they legally do this when they have said they will match and better any UK-based web site - particularly without even checking with Amazon to see if the stock is UK-sourced?

I'm planning on going back (to another store, incidentally) today and trying again. There are at least another seven online stores selling the card at less than £50. Surely they can't say that all of them may have sourced their stock abroad?

Not happy!

Kev
  • Thanks very much for saving me a small fortune. I was about to buy a Panasonic DMC-FZ50 digital camera from Jessops, price £499.99. I followed the thread which led me to Jessops price match challenge & it opened my eyes.

A few minutes trawling the web I found purelygadgets.com selling the same camera for £348.95. So I printed all relevant info off, went to Jessops with it ready for a tough time, didn't get one at all & hey presto the final price I paid was £332.90 - a saving of £167.09!!!! Thanks very much Jessops Chester.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure