vauxhall new car delivery times?

Options
i have a new car being delivered and wondered if the 4 to 5 week waiting period i was given by the car sales rep is anywhere realistic? it is a zafira 1.9 diesel elite.cheers
Carpe Jugulem

Comments

• plane_boy2000
    plane_boy2000 Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    Options
    Souns OK to me - did you specify any extras? is it a factory build?
  • vikingaero
    vikingaero Posts: 10,920 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sounds perfectly reasonable. Order a German car as a factory build and it's a minimum of 12 weeks on average for delivery.
    The man without a signature.
  • movingforward2010
    Options
    sounds ok, my mum was given the time frame of 3-4 weeks to to get one from another site !!
  • littleredheadedgirl'75
    Options
    Souns OK to me - did you specify any extras? is it a factory build?

i dont know if it is a factory build or not.no extras were ordered,it was ordered through the motability scheme.thanks for the replys so far.
    Carpe Jugulem
  • movingforward2010
    Options
    i dont know if it is a factory build or not.no extras were ordered,it was ordered through the motability scheme.thanks for the replys so far.

my mum had hers (zafira 1.9cdti design) thru the mobility scheme too , it was from a 'site' they said - vauxhall central stock i presume. she also had no extras. and she had it after 3 weeks, but as mentioned they quoted 3-4 weeks. usually if there no extras - factory fit, they just get it from their stock

edit: she ordered hers in March by the way , hope this helps :)
  • razcalin
    razcalin Posts: 49 Forumite
    Options
    hey there,

I am a car salesman by trade. This is a very reasonable time. Cars generally come from stock where they are stored, for example, i believe ford have their cars waiting in dagenham. If there are none there, then they may have to be built and then sent which usually takes 10+ weeks. By the sounds of it, they have this car in stock but unfortunately, they do take a bit of time to come down due to transporters only going to certain areas once or twice a week so they have a back log effectively. Hope this helps.
  • tonyfrances
    Options
    My new Insignia was ordered on the 27th June from Arnold Clarke in Manchester, the delivery date I was given was 26th August, the dealer told me that was the latest date to expect delivery!
  • rapidseven
    Options
    your pretty lucky on a 3-4 week deliv, my partner and I ordered our new insignia thru motability at our local dealer in mid June. we've got to wait till sept 5th for it to be delivered then a further week till we can get it. now I would have thought it may have been a stock item no extras were added. and they wouldn't take my motor in px :j
  • Scottishroy
    Options
    We ordered a new Insignia 2.0 CDTI SRI from our local dealer on 04.08.2010, he checked stock and told us that there were none available. We have been given a delivery date of mid to late September which is about 6/8 weeks. He told us this was the maximum to expect but it could arrive earlier depending what was on order for the new registrations in September. It appears that they are not stock piling vehicles at the moment for fear of them not selling.

Very unusual as normally when the new registrations are due there is an abundance of vehicles waiting to be shipped.

Keep the site updated on how long it took to receive your vehicle from order date.
  • Dash145
    Dash145 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    We ordered a new Insignia 2.0 CDTI SRI from our local dealer on 04.08.2010, he checked stock and told us that there were none available. We have been given a delivery date of mid to late September which is about 6/8 weeks. He told us this was the maximum to expect but it could arrive earlier depending what was on order for the new registrations in September. It appears that they are not stock piling vehicles at the moment for fear of them not selling.

Very unusual as normally when the new registrations are due there is an abundance of vehicles waiting to be shipped.

Keep the site updated on how long it took to receive your vehicle from order date.

I ordered the same car myself back on May 14th & I have been told that I still won't be able to collect it until sometime in the first week of September.

I have to say I am not very happy as I was originally told it was a 10-12wk wait as they were factory build, but I'm having to wait closer to 18wks. The only option I have added are the front & rear parking sensors, but I would not expect those to take an extra 6wks.

I rang the dealer on friday to find out when it would be ready & he said part of the delay was due to a 2 week factory shut down. I think I'll call in & have a word as 18wks even with a 2wk factory shut down seems rather long, my current car a Volvo S40, which had more extras added only took 8wks.
    Many Thanks :hello:

Dash145 :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family