vauxhall new car delivery times?

Options

Comments

• nobby24
    nobby24 Posts: 398 Forumite
    Options
    What happened to those huge fields of unsold cars?
    A problem shared is a problem multiplied. :o
  • wazza
    wazza Posts: 2,595 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    nobby24 wrote: »
    What happened to those huge fields of unsold cars?

They may be of lower trim level. The elite trim is the highest with leather seats etc etc.
    Problem with having access to internet is that i get asked by many to solve their problems :( Well at least i learn something on the way :D
  • Scottishroy
    Options
    Anyone having any luck with delivery from Vauxhall. It seems that Astras are not a problem but Insignias are still not reaching the Dealers. Vauxhall refuse to admit there is a problem but 20+ weeks from order to delivery seems a bit long. On order for 10 weeks before car even makes the initial assembly line? come on Vauxhall surely somebody can be truthful and inform us of what is causing the delays.
  • alleycat`
    alleycat` Posts: 1,901 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I know this is a vauxhall thread but they are far from alone.

Nissan have utterly screwed the pooch on the qashqai (you won't get one until march 2011 unless it is a cancelled order), hyundai did the same with the IX35 (people ordering in april/june haven't got them yet).

Honestjohn has threads of people screaming about delivery dates on cars.

I assume that a lot of manufacturers wound down / cut back way too much in the "crunch" and now can't get the supply chain up to "just in time" (as opposed to lots of cars sat in a field rotting).

Hope you get your car soon though :)
  • pstuart
    pstuart Posts: 668 Forumite
    Options
    We have been watching this thread for quite a bit and have decided to buy a Mondeo which is showing in stock at another of the dealers sites - 3 weeks delivery (early termination on the Motabilty scheme).

Watch this space!
  • Scottishroy
    Options
    Still no car for us or update from Dealer, take deposit and don't care less, any one else had any luck with receiving their cars or is everyone still waiting
  • Scottishroy
    Options
    Visited dealer in person yesterday and he entered SONO number in his computer which showed car to be at Event 33 (in build process) Delivery date is now 06.12.2010
  • smjxm09
    smjxm09 Posts: 663 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Any car delivered after 4th Jan will be hit with VAT at 20%, which is an extra £500 on a £20,000 car
  • pstuart
    pstuart Posts: 668 Forumite
    Options
    pstuart wrote: »
    We have been watching this thread for quite a bit and have decided to buy a Mondeo which is showing in stock at another of the dealers sites - 3 weeks delivery (early termination on the Motabilty scheme).

Watch this space!

STOP PRESS!

Collected Mondeo Diesel Estate last Sunday - and great discount as the new 'model' is due later this month.
  • sharpey66
    Options
    It seems I am not alone in my quest to recieve the Vauxhall Insignia.I ordered mine on 22/07/2010.I was initially told it would be ready on approx 06/09/2010. I have had to keep chasing it up as Vauxhall have been very slack in their communications to say the least ! I was first told the next date would have been the 28th Sept....it came and went. I was told that it would be mid October.....it came and went.Then I was told that it has been built on 13/10/2010 and was still in Germany. When it gets to Zeebrugger they will have more of an idea. I am surprised that this hasn't made the news really, maybe because they don't want people to shop elsewhere... I doubt if it will be here for Christmas ! Good luck everyone !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure