vauxhall new car delivery times?

Options

Comments

• frothey
    frothey Posts: 119 Forumite
    Options
    DaniP wrote: »
    Yes its very reasonable. Cars are not built in bulk anymore and sitting in dealerships ready for delivery. Most orders have to actually be built and that can take 12 weeks which is more common now.

Spot on - if you remember years ago, it was normal to wait 2/3 months+ for cars. Then when times were good, manufacturers over produced and you could get them from stock. Now it's all (allegedly) slowed down they have gone back to factory build - not suprising really as its the best way. You always hear people going on about "fields of cars" but I haven't seen one for ages.

If you drive over the M5 bridge at Portbury, yes there are lots of cars there, but I bet if you took a picture and compared it a week later, they would be different cars.....
  • pstuart
    pstuart Posts: 668 Forumite
    Options
    If you drive over the M5 bridge at Portbury, yes there are lots of cars there, but I bet if you took a picture and compared it a week later, they would be different cars.....[/QUOTE]

I really don't think that they would use that route to and from Europe!
  • frothey
    frothey Posts: 119 Forumite
    Options
    Who wouldn't? And did I say Europe?

Besides - GM use it, Honda, Mitsubishi, Toyota, Suzuki, Fiat all import through there and Walon (the distribution company) also have a big base there where they store Vauxhall amongst others. So I'd say it's fairly representative!
  • pstuart
    pstuart Posts: 668 Forumite
    Options
    frothey wrote: »
    Who wouldn't? And did I say Europe?

Besides - GM use it, Honda, Mitsubishi, Toyota, Suzuki, Fiat all import through there and Walon (the distribution company) also have a big base there where they store Vauxhall amongst others. So I'd say it's fairly representative!

Sorry you are quite correct but the thread I was interested in was the poor supply from Vauxhall to the UK from Europe which don't come in via that route, I didn't realise that you were expanding the discussion.
  • Scottishroy
    Options
    Further ponecall from dealer on Friday to say transporter with 6 Insignias on board arrived at garage on Thursday night unfortunately mine was not one of them??? Mine is still allegedly sitting at the port awaiting customs clearance. Looks like another one of Vauxhalls excuses. Now been told it will definitely be here this week, well at least until a new excuse is thought up by Vauxhall - Now 17 weeks and counting
  • Scottishroy
    Options
    After initial mix up with dealer, further call received to say car was actually delivered to them on 19.11.2010 and would be ready for pick up on Wednesday 24.11.2010. Attended and at last we have received our car. Salesman told us that anyone now ordering a new Insignia would be unlikely to receive it before May 2011. Hope everyone else receives their vehicles soon
  • Thegeneral
    Options
    I ordered my Insignia 2.0CDTI SRI in carbon flash (black), it has parking sensors. I have been given a waiting time of 8 weeks. What I'm interested to know is, have you received your cars when the dealer promised, or have they been stringing people along and delivery taking longer ?
  • well_fed_up
    well_fed_up Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 13 January 2012 at 8:04PM
    Options
    :mad: Having ordered a new zafira in nov 11 through the mobility lease, i checked 1 week before given date of del., to be told it would now be the end of feb, before i can collect new car. only found this out by contacting mobility. after speaking to dealer direct the excuse given was that is was a factory order. So i suspect dealers are taking orders knowing that they are delays, but letting customers beleive that they will get new car when their contract is due for renewal so they dont lose the sale.So in total that will be 12 weeks waiting time.
  • mattyprice4004
    Options
    From reading above, 10-12 weeks is nothing out the ordinary, although not really that good.
  • Honeydog
    Honeydog Posts: 877 Forumite
    Options
    Holy 'old thread' Batman!

500 posts yay!
    Don't grow up. Its a trap!

Peace, love and labradors!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing