Options

Comments

• smjxm09
    smjxm09 Posts: 663 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    pstuart wrote: »
    STOP PRESS!

Collected Mondeo Diesel Estate last Sunday - and great discount as the new 'model' is due later this month.

I have been driving the new model for 4 weeks now
  • smjxm09
    smjxm09 Posts: 663 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    sharpey66 wrote: »
    It seems I am not alone in my quest to recieve the Vauxhall Insignia.I ordered mine on 22/07/2010. I was initially told it would be ready on approx 06/09/2010. I doubt if it will be here for Christmas ! Good luck everyone !

My Mondeo was ordered May 17th and I received it on October 8th some 21 weeks later!
  • sharpey66
    Options
    Glad to hear your car has arrived.21 weeks wait is poor to say the least ! I have now been told that my car is still being built , despite being told it was built on 13/10/2010.Think Vauxhall are fobbing me off. :mad:
  • Scottishroy
    Options
    Dealer phoned today to say car will be ready for collection from dealership no later than 6th December, but hopefully earlier depending on shipping??? Not holding my breath but fingers crossed, looks like car is now built and waiting shipment
  • sharpey66
    Options
    I have just found out that my car is being delivered tommorrow and will be available for collection on Tuesday...we shall see. He told me that if you buy a new Insignia now you will be lucky to get it before March.
  • DaniP
    DaniP Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Yes its very reasonable. Cars are not built in bulk anymore and sitting in dealerships ready for delivery. Most orders have to actually be built and that can take 12 weeks which is more common now.
  • Scottishroy
    Options
    Phonecall from dealer, car is built and has left factory in Germany en-route to Scotland. Will be at dealers this week and hopefully with us by end of week or early next week. 16 weeks so not too bad I suppose, will faith be restored in vauxhall this week ???? wait and see !!!!. Have also been told order now for delivery March / April 2011 so seems to be accurate
  • irishtom
    Options
    I ordered my Insignia on the 16/09/2010 and was told 10 weeks for delivery ive now been told that it could be Xmas eve before it arrives ive already sold my own car for the new one coming and now iam left stranded and Vauxhall informed me the dealer should have told me there was a waiting time which they did and i went on their say so in getting rid of my own car and now vauxhall wont reply to emails or even phone calls and my dealer is now worried as ive been approched by a friend who works for a ford dealership and hes said he will have a mondeo for me in 2 weeks which looks like iam going to take as i need a car
  • pstuart
    pstuart Posts: 668 Forumite
    Options
    irishtom wrote: »
    I ordered my Insignia on the 16/09/2010 and was told 10 weeks for delivery ive now been told that it could be Xmas eve before it arrives ive already sold my own car for the new one coming and now iam left stranded and Vauxhall informed me the dealer should have told me there was a waiting time which they did and i went on their say so in getting rid of my own car and now vauxhall wont reply to emails or even phone calls and my dealer is now worried as ive been approched by a friend who works for a ford dealership and hes said he will have a mondeo for me in 2 weeks which looks like iam going to take as i need a car

We took the same route and got a very good discount on a Mondeo which, if you read the reports, isn't second best by any means.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, GM is back into huge profits by making the customers jump through hoops - short sighted or are we all just thick?
  • sharpey66
    Options
    My car has finally arrived almost 4 months after ordering. I am very pleased with the car.I am dissappointed in the lack of communication from Vauxhall though.I was never advised of a delay when I ordered it. I am very pleased with my car and hope you all don't have to wait much longer.Good luck !:beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure