vauxhall new car delivery times?

Options

Comments

• oldagetraveller
    Options
    I waited 6 weeks for a "factory fresh" order Meriva in 2007 ordered Nov, delivered Jan 2008, possibly not a busy time but no doubt factory shut down for a while too. They made the "wrong" car:rotfl: and the replacement took another 6 weeks!
  • Dash145
    Dash145 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    We ordered a new Insignia 2.0 CDTI SRI from our local dealer on 04.08.2010, he checked stock and told us that there were none available. We have been given a delivery date of mid to late September which is about 6/8 weeks. He told us this was the maximum to expect but it could arrive earlier depending what was on order for the new registrations in September. It appears that they are not stock piling vehicles at the moment for fear of them not selling.

Very unusual as normally when the new registrations are due there is an abundance of vehicles waiting to be shipped.

Keep the site updated on how long it took to receive your vehicle from order date.

After reading your post I decided to call in to my dealer & he showed me the delivery charts for all cars & the Insignia (Any hatchback) ordered today would not be here to collect until at least mid-late November. However it also said on the sheet that cars requiring the parking sensors had to ADD a further 4 Weeks.

My car which was ordered in May, "MIGHT" be here the first week in September if all goes ok with the shipping & it doe not get damaged on route.

I must also add, he told me that delivery dates can also be affected by colour choice, ie. Black's, Grey's & more common colours can sometimes be found quickly (if your lucky), should someone happen to cancel their order. But my car is a slightly less common colour 'Silver Lake' so I have to wait. As I came out of the garage I did notice there were a lot more New shaped Astra's than any other car & only 2 Insignia hatchback's, a lot less than I expected to see this close to the change of number plate.

I'd love to hear how long other people are having to wait.
    Many Thanks :hello:

Dash145 :cool:
  • RICK..._2
    RICK..._2 Posts: 469 Forumite
    Options
    We almost ordered an Insignia last week, and was told it'd be 8-12 weeks delivery..

Although we've changed our minds and getting a Mondeo.. get it 1st Sept all being well as they have one in stock :D
    This thread has me so pumped, I headbutted my dog and we both screamed.
  • pedros69
    Options
    I ordered a new Astra VXR last Friday with pretty much every option available apart from parking sensors and was told to expect it late September to early October even though it was a special factory build. Hope I haven't been told porkies..
  • Scottishroy
    Options
    This is getting very interesting, We also ordered the front and rear parking sensors and 18" alloys as extras. Called in past dealer the other day and he states that the car will definitely be here by mid to late September (The colour we ordered was Technical Grey). Our car has only been on order for 2 weeks so far so fingers crossed.
  • pedros69
    Options
    I've now found out my car won't be delivered until the last week in October at the earliest :(

On a positive note, the 100,000 mile warranty sounds great especially as I usually do less than 1000 miles a year :D
  • Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    Options
    pedros69 wrote: »
    I've now found out my car won't be delivered until the last week in October at the earliest :(

On a positive note, the 100,000 mile warranty sounds great especially as I usually do less than 1000 miles a year :D

So why do you need a brand new car then? It would be cheaper to use Taxis.;)
  • pedros69
    Options
    Inactive wrote: »
    So why do you need a brand new car then? It would be cheaper to use Taxis.;)

That very much depends on where you live, considering I live in the middle of nowhere, my nearest town is 17 miles, and I'm also disabled, a car is essential.

Good question though and one I'd certainly consider if I lived elsewhere.
  • Inner_Zone
    Inner_Zone Posts: 2,853 Forumite
    Options
    My sister ordered a Corsa through Mobility earlier this year took over three months to get it delivered.
  • Scottishroy
    Options
    Was in at the dealers today and salesman has told us that our car might not now be delivered until Mid October, he stated that the problem appears to be that Motobility have added the Insignia to their offers, he stated that he has had 28 ordered through motobility in the last 3 weeks. Ours has been on order for past 4 weeks and we are buying ours not obtaining for nowt through motobility so must admit a bit hacked off when told that the delay has been caused by all the motobility orders.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure