vauxhall new car delivery times?

Options

Comments

• Kilty_2
    Kilty_2 Posts: 5,818 Forumite
    Options
    :rotfl: - Vauxhall putting fleet customers first shocker!
  • bigbulldog
    bigbulldog Posts: 632 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ours has been on order for past 4 weeks and we are buying ours not obtaining for nowt through motobility so must admit a bit hacked off when told that the delay has been caused by all the motobility orders.

Just to let you know mobility cars dont cost nowt as you've implied:embarasse,because it costs part or all the DLA allowance disabled people are intitled to and would rather have the car the the monthly benefit.:)
  • Scottishroy
    Options
    bigbulldog wrote: »
    Just to let you know mobility cars dont cost nowt as you've implied:embarasse,because it costs part or all the DLA allowance disabled people are intitled to and would rather have the car the the monthly benefit.:)
    I am well aware of the DLA payments and in no way hiting out at people with disabilityas I have a relative who receives this, just stating that Vauxhall appear to be struggling to meet with demands since adding the Insignia to the motobility scheme (according to sales person). Vauxhall dealer has confirmed that motobility orders can take priority due to being fleet sales which I feel is discriminating towards people who do not receive DLA.
  • bigbulldog
    Options
    Vauxhall dealer has confirmed that motobility orders can take priority due to being fleet sales which I feel is discriminating towards people who do not receive DLA.

That's not good as it should not matter what sort of customer you are as they should all be treated equally.:)
  • Zygo
    Zygo Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 7 September 2010 at 1:34PM
    Options
    The issue also lies with the dealers themselves. I have had an Insignia on order since June 25th. I have been given many estimated dates from the dealer. The dealer still advises week 38. After getting a little cheesed off i contacted Vauxhall Customer care with the SONO number to get a more accurate date. They have now advised an estimated week 44 (November). After speaking with a manager i was also advised that they have had an influx of orders from the mobility scheme.
    So the dealer either isnt updating the estimated dates or Vauxhall isn't updating the dealer. Is this to prevent people cancelling orders?

But i agree totally with BigBullDog. It should only matter when the order was placed and not what sort of customer you are. When they schedule a build and give you a date, why should it be moved back because of other orders placed after your own.
    Is it possible that they are satisfying the American market for the Buick regal first?

Some friends are also telling me that this isn't just Vauxhall, someone who ordered an Audi A4 in May has been told January!! Volkswagen is also giving long dates of up to 5 months (again, theses are based on people telling me rather than actual facts). So maybe it's the UK market not being satisfied first!!!

Any thoughts?

ScottishRoy - It may be worth ringing Customer Care and get some more accurate information. If you ordered you car in August it may not be here even in October. Customer Care number is 0845 0902044. You can also obtain the SONO number from the dealer. This lets customer care trace the order.

There is also a lot of information you may find interesting at insignia-enthusiast.org
  • Hashim_2
    Options
    After reading what everyone has to say here, it's a bit comforting to know I'm not the only one having trouble with Vauxhall.

My experience has been anything but pleasant, and it amazes me that I am still buying a car from them. I visited my local dealership a few weeks back and ordered a pre - reg new astra 1.7 which I was told I could collect the next evening. However, the following morning I recieved a call saying the vehicle had been sold, cue mayhem. I then went to the dealership who told me that they could not get me a car, because they had none available, and refused to give my deposit back aswell.

A day later, I recieved a call from the dealership mentioning that they have brand new 2.0 astra SRI diesels arriving in two weeks. I ordered one and its been two weeks. After days of phoning the dealership and being peeved off, I recieved a call mentioning that my car is in Zeebrugge of all places ?? and that they had no idea when it would arrive.

Why Why..
  • Scottishroy
    Options
    Well surprise surprise end of September and still no sign of car, phoned dealer several times and full of excuses, going to pay a personal visit on Thursday and see what he says, thats 9 weeks today since ordering.
  • wazza
    wazza Posts: 2,595 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    when i visited the dealer about the zafira elite he mentioned within 12 weeks, could be you may have to wait a few weeks yet. Seems the elite is popular on the scheme.
    Problem with having access to internet is that i get asked by many to solve their problems :( Well at least i learn something on the way :D
  • smjxm09
    smjxm09 Posts: 663 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 29 September 2010 at 6:35AM
    Options
    razcalin wrote: »
    hey there,

I am a car salesman by trade. This is a very reasonable time. Cars generally come from stock where they are stored, for example, i believe ford have their cars waiting in dagenham. If there are none there, then they may have to be built and then sent which usually takes 10+ weeks.

I have a Standard build Ford Mondeo semi-automatic with no extras on order since 17th May. Now waiting 19 weeks but should be with me next week. I was told when I was about to order it that they had one in stock. After ordering it I was told the car had been sold and it would be around 6-8 weeks!
  • Scottishroy
    Options
    Now been told delivery date is 10.12.2010 but dealer states that things are moving a bit quicker and should be here by mid November. He told us that he tracked the car and it is just on the initial line for build. Can't understand why after being on order for 10 weeks they are only starting to build it now. It appears that Vauxhall dont really care, bottom line is that it is taking around 20 weeks from order to delivery
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure