list your job and wage

Options

Comments

• tobymory74
    Options
    £38,870.63 per year
    30 days leave + bank holidays.
    final salary pension + resettlement package of about £40000 (after 22 years)
    free dental+ medical.
    low interest loan towards home purchase
    extra money + leave + free food and accom when deployed.
    free uniform!

Chief Petty Officer Aircraft technician in the Royal Navy
  • LilacPixie
    LilacPixie Posts: 8,052 Forumite
    Options
    I'm 28 and technically have 3 jobs so here they are

Accountant 28k per year (pt) 28 days leave plus BUPA medical and dental
    Self Employed business owner around 8k after tax last year perks being own boss
    Mystery shopper less than 2k last year free food and days out with my kids, basically I'm paid to have fun and buy stuff.
    MF aim 10th December 2020 :j:eek:
    MFW 2012 no86 OP 0/2000 :D
  • dave4545454
    dave4545454 Posts: 2,025 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    PipPip wrote: »
    I agree and no doubt like others on here, I love my job. However, I do not think the family I have to support would be too impressed if I worked for nothing.

yes i understand but would you do the job for no pay if you didn't need the money?
    Martin has asked me to tell you I'm about to cut the cheese, pull my finger.
  • PipPip
    PipPip Posts: 129 Forumite
    Options
    Put simply, no. If I was not working I would be spending time with the family I love, so I'm afraid I demand payment for sacrificing my time no matter what the job is.
  • dave4545454
    dave4545454 Posts: 2,025 Forumite
    edited 9 September 2009 at 2:47PM
    Options
    that's fair enough. you appear to be on a very high salary pippip and i imagine it involves a lot of working hours. would you rather have less pay and less working hours in exchange for more time with your family or you happy with how it is currently?

personally i'm very blessed and lucky not to have children so i don't have anyone to support
    Martin has asked me to tell you I'm about to cut the cheese, pull my finger.
  • PipPip
    PipPip Posts: 129 Forumite
    edited 9 September 2009 at 2:59PM
    Options
    I'm generally in the office from 9am to about 8pm. I'm usually one of the first to leave the office to get home for my 2 year olds bedtime at 8.30 (edit: except I'm usually late, more like 9ish but she waits for me!), I tend to be first in though - my French colleagues seem to prefer a 10am to 9pm normal working day but they put their kids to bed later than the British. Of course it would be nice to have more time at home but I often get so immersed in what I'm doing that I have no idea what time it is so I don't exactly clock watch. Also I've never worked at the weekend in France and I get 45 days holiday plus 10 or so bank holidays, I just took the month of August off. So overall its fine for me.
  • marrowgirl
    Options
    Well, until a few days ago I was...

NHS Audiologist : salary £28K (grade 5)
    ( starting salary was about 8K though)
    Benefits: usual NHS stuff, pension -free hearing aid batteries!

changing career (working where I did gave me a nervous breakdown!:o)
    Now going to do credit control (16-18K) temporarily...and will be looking back on this thread to see what else I can do!
    "I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants." A. Whitney Brown
  • SmallEnglish
    Options
    £21k as an accounts assistant (age - 27). Like the job but not the hour-long drive there and hour-long drive home. Hope to get a job nearer to home, ideally with more money, maybe once I have passed a few more exams...
  • hoyles10
    hoyles10 Posts: 1,283 Forumite
    Options
    29 work for a logistics company that until a few months ago was owned by Iceland, been off sick since May 2008 but until then I was on 19k a year as a team co-ordinator. Still employed by them and hoping to get back soon depending on what my consultant says but my SSP stopped in December.
    If At First You Don't Succeed, Call It Version 1.0 :D
  • robin_banks
    robin_banks Posts: 15,778 Forumite
    Options
    Accountant £39k
    "An arrogant and self-righteous Guardian reading tvv@t".

!!!!!! is all that about?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport