PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

To those selling in these difficult times Part Deux. AKA sellers support network!

Options

Comments

• NEH
    NEH Posts: 2,464 Forumite
    Options
    azkaban420 wrote: »
    NEH I took my own photos and gave it to the second EA as I didn't like the ones they'd done of the house; also mentioned re-taking garden pics to my original agent as since putting the house up we've had it fenced up, and he didn't make any mention of charging more for doing them...need to chase him on that actually, but ask the q - they can only tell you either way. I'd say snow pics defo need to be updated, and the EA should be suggesting this to you themselves!

Well we're just waiting for the snow to clear. We were up there on Tuesday and it was snowing again and was today as well apparently so think we'll have to wait another couple of weeks for it to stop...
  • NEH
    Options
    Just got the disappointment call, same again studio flats are unpopular so nothing to report. She'll call again in 2 weeks time....

Not sure who said it but i'm not sure there's any point wasting more money to go to another Solicitor when they'll look at the main website. Was considering putting feelers out to see if anyone had any buyers on their books but I think it would be a waste of time as peeps would have looked...

I have a very bad feeling we're going to have rent the damn thing...:mad:
  • heygringo
    heygringo Posts: 119 Forumite
    Options
    NEH wrote: »
    Well we're just waiting for the snow to clear. We were up there on Tuesday and it was snowing again and was today as well apparently so think we'll have to wait another couple of weeks for it to stop...

@ NEH. This is one helluva long thread, so rather than trawl through it, can you update as to where your flat is. It's the "snow" bit that's throwing me off track. I've been sun bathing today.:cool:
  • NEH
    Options
    heygringo wrote: »
    @ NEH. This is one helluva long thread, so rather than trawl through it, can you update as to where your flat is. It's the "snow" bit that's throwing me off track. I've been sun bathing today.:cool:

It's complicated... ;)

We had to move last September as my health had deteriorated and a studio flat was far too small. We were going to rent out our old flat which is in Aberdeen so hubby spent 3/4 month touching it up with a lick of paint (work meant he couldn't do it any faster) but unfortunately rents plummeted and it would just cover the bills. Plus we didn't want the hassle of it. So we're based in central Scotland and yes it's been a lovely day here too (pity we don't have a garden) and don't get much snow at all now but Aberdeen is still getting the snow...

I could have made that a lot shorter couldn't i?! :o
  • not_loaded
    not_loaded Posts: 1,187 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I thought you were in the Eyjafjallajoekull area of south-west Iceland. :D
  • NEH
    Options
    not_loaded wrote: »
    I thought you were in the Eyjafjallajoekull area of south-west Iceland. :D

If i was i might have been able to get the insurance to pay for our flat when it went up in a ball of flames from ash and the like... :D
  • heygringo
    heygringo Posts: 119 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks NEH. I'm now up to speed. Sorry to hear that you are not in the best of health, plus the anxiety of selling property doesn't help.

Scotland is usually our 1st choice for holidays in our MH. as opposed to going "darn sarf"
    We've just shown our first viewer round. Plenty of oooos & ahhhhs, but we'll see. Number 2 tomorrow.

Good luck with both your issues.

BeeJay
  • NEH
    Options
    Thanks NEH. I'm now up to speed. Sorry to hear that you are not in the best of health, plus the anxiety of selling property doesn't help.

Scotland is usually our 1st choice for holidays in our MH. as opposed to going "darn sarf"
    We've just shown our first viewer round. Plenty of oooos & ahhhhs, but we'll see. Number 2 tomorrow.

Good luck with both your issues.

BeeJay

Thanks, long term health condition, went back into relapse last year and just waiting for things ot improve.

and yes it's a bit of a worry, with the recession hitting husband's business very hard and trying to sell property and we got married last year as well. We don't do things by half as my mum says! :rotfl: Just luck conspired against us, we are considering moving in with relatives as we're getting to the point we can't afford living in this place much longer but we're hoping things will improve soon. I think sometimes i go through permanent bad luck phases and my hubby does too.....

Fingers crossed that you get some positive feedback... ;)
  • maya+2
    maya+2 Posts: 78 Forumite
    Options
    No viewings after 6 weeks. So had the boss lady from the EA round yesterday. She re-took the pictures & rehashed the write-up. I must say it looks a lot better now on their web site.

http://www.reedsrains.co.uk/properties-for-sale/semi-detached-house-for-sale-bent-lane-leyland-pr25-sale-id-200216052

If we still don't attract any viewings I'll give up.

BeeJay

3 viewings wow, i mist say the pics are a big improvement, they've obviously done the job!.

I have my first viewing lined up for sat morning, house a mess and I'm coming down with something, I just hope i feel well enough to tidy tomorrow.

So so far weve had one viewing in the first week of the rightmove ad. I checked are streetview thing and because the google van didnt come into our close theres a pic of a really ugly street coming up, im concerend that will have put alot of people off, but its really not anywhere near us :mad:
  • geoffky
    geoffky Posts: 6,835 Forumite
    edited 22 April 2010 at 9:00PM
    Options
    Wow, all these bright spring-time photographs are making me envious, and we only had our photos re-taken last month.

http://www.propertypal.com/66-orangefield-avenue-belfast/92943

After the photos were updated, we had 3 viewings in 2 weeks, but nothing since (and no feedback from two of those viewings :mad:).

Still waiting for the spring lift...

I thought prices in belfast had dropped 30%. in two years...yours looks way overpriced for the market ...i i have done a search for bt5 and looking at the others for sale yours will be looked over every time...

have a look at these and see

http://www.propertypal.com/property-for-sale/bedrooms-3/price-50000-175000

and this tracks your area http://www.home.co.uk/guides/asking_prices_report.htm?location=bt5&startmonth=01&startyear=2009&endmonth=01&endyear=2010
    It is nice to see the value of your house going up'' Why ?
    Unless you are planning to sell up and not live anywhere, I can;t see the advantage.
    If you are planning to upsize the new house will cost more.
    If you are planning to downsize your new house will cost more than it should
    If you are trying to buy your first house its almost impossible.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure