The Sun £20 Holidays. Discussion thread

Options
MSE_Jenny
MSE_Jenny Posts: 1,312 MSE Staff
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
For a full guide to the Sun's £15 holiday promotion see the
Regularly Updated:
The Sun £20 Holidays

If you've got any more tips, please tell us with as much detail as possible. We'll then check it out and add it onto the page.
... just click reply to report new tips
Thanks for your help

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• bronzesurfer
    Options
    Whilst the cost sometimes appears cheap, always have a look at the parks website, firstly to see if it's where / what you want but secondly to see if it's cheaper to book direct. The parks are offering deals at the moment and it's easy to think that these holidays are cheap because we are told they are,
  • RobbieD_3
    Options
    Do be sure to check the total cost of the holiday and try to discover all the compulsory extras and any optional extras you might need. We booked a £9.50 holiday for 6 people so you'd think that's £57. The base cost for compulsory extras brought that to £114.50, then by the time we got enough bedrooms and some heating we paid a total of £178.

Only after confirming everything did we discover we could have booked directly with the park for £174.

Both The Sun & Parkdean holidays said "that's often the case".
  • qazitory
    qazitory Posts: 308 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What 'compulsory extras' were they as mine were entertainment passes and bed linen with both got removed straight away, so it only ended up an extra £20 due to service charges. That was for a Haven Park btw.
    Quidco Earnings (since Dec 06): £467.75
  • tiff
    tiff Posts: 6,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    You will usually save on the park price if you are booking for school holidays. Always check first. Some accommodation is truly awful, check reviews before you book.
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • DebCheltenham
    Options
    I have just got the european break 'break' we are going in September, sent £78 to the sun, had a bill for a further £65 come through, with a letter saying if the balance isnt paid the holiday would be cancelled, and i would LOSE all payments made!!, so wasnt to happy about that, but on the plus side, i have checked the eurocamp web site that we are going to, Costa Doroda, and we are still saving over £300 so that did take the sting out slightly. Just made me cross that we would of lost the original £78 if we didnt pay up the rest, so '£15 euro holidays'... mmmmmmmm I DONT THINK SO SUN!!
  • patway
    patway Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    I looked on The Sun website and some of these holidays are advertised at £9.50
    the log cabins look really nice. Anyone used this site or the newspaper for any of these holiday offers?
  • drifter410
    Options
    Hi, I thought I would treat me brother and sister-in-law to holiday via Sun deal. After I had booked I found out that my brother did'nt like flying, so we would have to go by car and ferry. As we were going near to Bilboa, Spain, I booked with P&O ferry to Bilboa. After paying Sun, and extra's at the site, + ferry, my cheapo holiday has so far cost £760+, and thats without petrol costs. So watch out for the extra costs to the Sun deals.
  • Jo67_2
    Jo67_2 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Hi I am collecting the tokens at present but there wasnt one (as advised in Martin's page) in the News of The World on Sunday, despite me paying £1 for the privilege to look :-(
  • LesD
    LesD Posts: 2,111 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    patway wrote: »
    I looked on The Sun website and some of these holidays are advertised at £9.50
    the log cabins look really nice. Anyone used this site or the newspaper for any of these holiday offers?

To save me (lazy b*gger!) trawling through the list, can you tell me where you found log cabins?

TIA.
  • shortystuff1979
    Options
    Hi does anyone have the codes for the latest sun holiday please? Thanks in advance Hayley
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure