bebe-amor, I paid for pram, never received, no answer

Options
Hi

I ordered the pram in bebe-amor shop 2 months ago. I paid via visa debit card and got the recipt for it. It costed me about 400 pounds. But the pram never arrived, I have no response for my emails, the phone doesn't answer. What can I do now?

Comments

• OnceUponADream
    OnceUponADream Posts: 16,047 Forumite
    Options
    What was the name of the company you ordered from? Maybe others will have had dealings with them and can advise you.
    The shinbone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.
    :TBig thanks to all competition posters:T
  • maemaesmummy
    maemaesmummy Posts: 2,474 Forumite
    Options
    Two left feet by any chance?
    Bit of a Florida Fan :j
    8/12/08 Highlands Reserve, 3/12/09 Calaby Parc
    18/8/10 Villa Upper Class 19/12/10 Villa Upper Class
    10/08/11 C P Tower Lake 10/12/11 C P Tower Lake
    28/4/12 Emerald Island 22/7/12 Florida for 6 weeks
    13/12/12 4 weeks C P Tower Lake 13/2 Prize win Orlando
  • Eva75
    Eva75 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    No, this is bebe-amor, and the website is https://www.bebe-amor.co.uk, but I ordered over the phone.
  • Tozer
    Tozer Posts: 3,518 Forumite
    Options
    Not gone bust but looks a very feeble company (only set up last year, no accounts yet filed, website is a mess).

Get Trading Standards involved.
  • OnceUponADream
    OnceUponADream Posts: 16,047 Forumite
    Options
    Did you pay by credit card? If so contact them and try for a chargeback.
    The shinbone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.
    :TBig thanks to all competition posters:T
  • savemoney
    savemoney Posts: 18,127 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Your covered by Vis debit protection get un touch with the bank and do a chargeback for none delivery of goods You have 120 days from date of buying

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/working_lunch/7593369.stm

A Visa debit card offers significantly better protection for shoppers. Their scheme is called Visa Debit Chargeback and any bank that issues a Visa debit card has to comply with the scheme.

You can claim money back if the goods you buy are damaged, or the product or services are not delivered.

There is no limit on what you can claim. But you have to claim within 120 days of the date you expected the goods to be delivered or the firm going bust.
  • Eva75
    Eva75 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    I spoke to the customer service this morning. They said the pram will be collected from suplier on Friday and then sent to me straight away. I heard this many times, but I will wait untill Friday to see.
  • alanjp3
    Options
    Yes, my daughter purchased a pram from this firm 3 weeks ago paying by visa debit. I have sent them 5 e-mails without reply. My daughter is due next week and is in a bit of a panic about getting the pram but I am not confident at all abour this firm. Buyer beware!

PS this firm is different from Bebe AmoUr - which seems reputable.

Alan
  • soph_winter
    Options
    I'm having problems with this company too. I ordered two car seats and bases and was told they would be delivered within 3-5 working days. When they didn't appear I sent an email and was told that they were late due to a delay with their supplier and that they would be with me first week in Jan 09. I've since tried to make contact because my twins are due any time now and my emails are not responded to and the phone rings and rings before eventually changing to a BT standard voicemail, but you can't leave a message because the mailbox is full. We paid by credit card, so should be covered, but I would just like an answer as to whether the seats are perhaps going to arrive within the next few days. Anybody got any ideas?
  • J15SMS
    Options
    I ordered a cot and mattress on the 2nd December on a 3-5 day delivery. On the 19th Dec I asked for a refund as they clearly couldn't commit to a delivery date and I urgently needed the cot.

You are unable to contact post sales by phone and when they eventually choose to respond to any emails they are very abrupt and unprofessional. It is now the 9th Jan and no refund has been received. I am now waiting a reponse to numerous e-mails to which I don't hold up much hope! My credit card company told me there is nothing they can do and I will have to go down the small claims court route!

My advice to anyone is to avoid Bebe-amor....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure