Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
    • OnceUponADream
    • By OnceUponADream 6th Jan 09, 12:37 PM
    • 14,210 Posts
    • 386,990 Thanks
    OnceUponADream
    • 6th Jan 09, 12:37 PM
    • 6th Jan 09, 12:37 PM
    What was the name of the company you ordered from? Maybe others will have had dealings with them and can advise you.
    • maemaesmummy
    • By maemaesmummy 6th Jan 09, 12:55 PM
    • 2,409 Posts
    • 7,504 Thanks
    maemaesmummy
    • 6th Jan 09, 12:55 PM
    • 6th Jan 09, 12:55 PM
    Two left feet by any chance?
    Bit of a Florida Fan
    8/12/08 Highlands Reserve, 3/12/09 Calaby Parc
    18/8/10 Villa Upper Class 19/12/10 Villa Upper Class
    10/08/11 C P Tower Lake 10/12/11 C P Tower Lake
    28/4/12 Emerald Island 22/7/12 Florida for 6 weeks
    13/12/12 4 weeks C P Tower Lake 13/2 Prize win Orlando
  • Eva75
    • 6th Jan 09, 2:16 PM
    • 6th Jan 09, 2:16 PM
    No, this is bebe-amor, and the website is www.bebe-amor.co.uk, but I ordered over the phone.
    • Tozer
    • By Tozer 6th Jan 09, 2:31 PM
    • 3,355 Posts
    • 2,104 Thanks
    Tozer
    • 6th Jan 09, 2:31 PM
    • 6th Jan 09, 2:31 PM
    Not gone bust but looks a very feeble company (only set up last year, no accounts yet filed, website is a mess).

Get Trading Standards involved.
    • OnceUponADream
    • By OnceUponADream 6th Jan 09, 2:33 PM
    • 14,210 Posts
    • 386,990 Thanks
    OnceUponADream
    • 6th Jan 09, 2:33 PM
    • 6th Jan 09, 2:33 PM
    Did you pay by credit card? If so contact them and try for a chargeback.
    • savemoney
    • By savemoney 6th Jan 09, 2:39 PM
    • 13,016 Posts
    • 11,613 Thanks
    savemoney
    • 6th Jan 09, 2:39 PM
    • 6th Jan 09, 2:39 PM
    Your covered by Vis debit protection get un touch with the bank and do a chargeback for none delivery of goods You have 120 days from date of buying

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/working_lunch/7593369.stm

A Visa debit card offers significantly better protection for shoppers. Their scheme is called Visa Debit Chargeback and any bank that issues a Visa debit card has to comply with the scheme.

You can claim money back if the goods you buy are damaged, or the product or services are not delivered.

There is no limit on what you can claim. But you have to claim within 120 days of the date you expected the goods to be delivered or the firm going bust.
  • Eva75
    • 7th Jan 09, 11:06 AM
    • 7th Jan 09, 11:06 AM
    I spoke to the customer service this morning. They said the pram will be collected from suplier on Friday and then sent to me straight away. I heard this many times, but I will wait untill Friday to see.
  • alanjp3
    • 7th Jan 09, 8:05 PM
    Bebe Amor - buyer beware!
    • 7th Jan 09, 8:05 PM
    Yes, my daughter purchased a pram from this firm 3 weeks ago paying by visa debit. I have sent them 5 e-mails without reply. My daughter is due next week and is in a bit of a panic about getting the pram but I am not confident at all abour this firm. Buyer beware!

PS this firm is different from Bebe AmoUr - which seems reputable.

Alan
  • soph_winter
    Bebe Amor - no response to emails
    I'm having problems with this company too. I ordered two car seats and bases and was told they would be delivered within 3-5 working days. When they didn't appear I sent an email and was told that they were late due to a delay with their supplier and that they would be with me first week in Jan 09. I've since tried to make contact because my twins are due any time now and my emails are not responded to and the phone rings and rings before eventually changing to a BT standard voicemail, but you can't leave a message because the mailbox is full. We paid by credit card, so should be covered, but I would just like an answer as to whether the seats are perhaps going to arrive within the next few days. Anybody got any ideas?
  • J15SMS
    I ordered a cot and mattress on the 2nd December on a 3-5 day delivery. On the 19th Dec I asked for a refund as they clearly couldn't commit to a delivery date and I urgently needed the cot.

You are unable to contact post sales by phone and when they eventually choose to respond to any emails they are very abrupt and unprofessional. It is now the 9th Jan and no refund has been received. I am now waiting a reponse to numerous e-mails to which I don't hold up much hope! My credit card company told me there is nothing they can do and I will have to go down the small claims court route!

My advice to anyone is to avoid Bebe-amor....
  • Eva75
    I spoke to the customer service again. They are going to send the pram today and I should receive it by Monday. I don't belive them, because I heard it many times. I will wait because I have still couple weeks left untill my baby is due.
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 9th Jan 09, 12:00 PM
    • 17,246 Posts
    • 13,429 Thanks
    hollydays
    I spoke to the customer service again. They are going to send the pram today and I should receive it by Monday. I don't belive them, because I heard it many times. I will wait because I have still couple weeks left untill my baby is due.
    Originally posted by Eva75
    Could you contact the supplier yourself?
    It will either be a wholesaler or the manufacturer
  • Eva75
    I CAN"T BELIEVE!!!

I have received everything this morning. The pram, carry cot and changing bag. Everything I wanted. It was exactly 2 months. Good luck people.

If it's help, here is the phone number you can talk about your order: 01484848908 (customer service number I got on my invoice).
  • sarahb1979
    Hi. I also ordered a maxi cosi car seat from Bebe Amor last week and was told yesterday that there is a 2 week delay so I don't know what to do now! My daughter is getting too big for her current car seat, but I don't know whether to sit tight and wait for it, or ask for a refund which it turns out I may not get back for a few weeks! Have you received your car seats yet soph_winter?
  • MKL76
    Please do not bother with Bebe Amor
    I would just like to echo other people's concerns about this company, although they are generally cheaper then other competitors their level of service is shocking,

I would either get others to try and price match, or pay the extra!

I ordered a Quinny Complete package 5 weeks ago, the item was stated as in stock and delivery was 3-5 days. Please do not take the 'In Stock' as gospel, you can almost guarntee they will have to source it from a third party supplier.

Since my original order date I been given five different delivery dates, and still no Quinny. I have complained on numerous occasion via email with no-reply. I have just got off the phone to them and they said they are awaiting delivery and will be with me on Fri. I won't hold my breath!
  • MKL76
    Maxi Cosi
    Hi Sarahb1979,

I am also waiting on the Maxi-Cosi car seat as part of my order, I have just spoken to Bebe Amor, and they are supposedly having a delivery of them tomorrow and I should receive my order Fri. So I would give them a call tomorrow and see if it has arrived. If not I would consider cancelling your order, as it could take up six weeks as I'm experiencing with my current order.

Good Luck

Hi. I also ordered a maxi cosi car seat from Bebe Amor last week and was told yesterday that there is a 2 week delay so I don't know what to do now! My daughter is getting too big for her current car seat, but I don't know whether to sit tight and wait for it, or ask for a refund which it turns out I may not get back for a few weeks! Have you received your car seats yet soph_winter?
    Originally posted by sarahb1979
  • Alexc
    bebe-amor
    Same story again www.bebe-amor.co.uk should not be used.

I have ordered over 3 weeks but received no goods or a refund. I am owed 427 that although they said they have refunded it but it has not arrived into my bank.

I would suggest getting the money back from your credit card and contacting Huddersfield trading standards. At the link below.

t: 08454 040506 (Consumer Direct for consumer advice)
    f: 0113 253 0311
    e: info@wyjs.org.uk
    w:http://www.ts.wyjs.org.uk/index.asp?pg=Indexhome.htm
    Last edited by Alexc; 14-01-2009 at 4:25 PM.
  • gray1
    Still no pram
    Hi
    We ordered a pram from here 3 weeks ago as it said 3-5 days delivery on the website. We were then sent an email saying it would take 2 weeks to arrive. It still hasn't come - then my husband called and they said they were picking it up from the warehouse last Friday and it would be here by yesterday but still no show. When i phoned yesterday they said it will definitely be here by Friday. If its not arrived we will no doubt cancel our order and get money back as i am due soon and can't keep hanging around. Luckily paid on credit card so hopefully wont' have issues getting money back.
    If it turns up by friday will let you know otherwise i would say avoid this shop.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 27th Jan 09, 6:52 AM
    • 62,053 Posts
    • 44,495 Thanks
    soolin
    I'l add my concerns about this company too. My mother mentioned that a friend of hers was trying to buy a particular sort of pacifier things in a set and couldn't get it in the UK and doesn't have the internet. I looked it up when i got home found it from bebe-amor placed an order for in stock goods and paid via google checkout.

After a week the status on google showed as paid and waiting for despatch, so I emailed and asked if it could be sent urgently . Another week and status still hadn't changed and company were not answering emails so I waited a few more days and then asked google if I could cancel the transaction and was told Google can't do that (So I'm never using them again either!)

I filled in all the online procedures to cancel the order, but still bebe-amor failed to respond and eventually i phoned the help number and they just said the items were never actually in stock and they didn't have a clue when they would arrive. I did get my money back then within about another 10 days but it was a real struggle as no one seemed to care.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,027Posts Today

5,902Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Mini MSE is on half term next week, so I'm excited to be taking the week off to be daddy. As normal I'm signing of? https://t.co/G3366shWh1

• I once blurted out on @gmb "Theresa May hasn't been given a poisoned chalice - she's been given a poisoned chalice? https://t.co/onfRbY3XVg

• It'd be fascinating to know how history will judge Theresa May's premiership. Currently, it is hard to see it as a? https://t.co/eH77G0O9LA

• Follow Martin