Options
    Great news about the reports, and well done on the weight loss :T
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • Robin09
    Robin09 Posts: 596 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks Jwil :)

On the countdown now to the school holidays. DD is disappointed that her sports day has been cancelled, she'd really been looking forward to it. DS did his sponsored walk today, 14 miles but he also walked to school and back so more than 16 miles overall today, he is tired out. The school have raised lots for two charities so that's good.

Busy today with work and taking best friends DD to an appointment at the hospital and then athletics. Least when I'm busy I don't feel the urge to snack. This weekend I was pretty bad as we wasn't doing much and found myself picking :o really must get out of this habit.
    SPC 076
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    Well done to your DD - 100% on the phonics screening, great! Well done on the weight loss. We don't break up until the end of this week...end of term is inching nearer!
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • Robin09
    Options
    Thankyou honeysuckle :) she was really pleased with herself to get the 100% as she had said she thought she did some wrong. She is a good reader and it was the alien words that would catch her out in practise as she would try and correct them. She also breaks up Friday, the end is in sight! :cool:

Had booked today off for DD's sports day but as it was cancelled I went in anyway. DS broke up at 12.30, so his holidays have began. Last summer we hardly saw him as he was always out and I didn't like it then but now I am hoping this year he will be, but I have a feeling he is going to spend most of the time in his room :sad:

I spotted a cat tree for sale on a local selling page. My sister was here so we went to pick it up. It is huge, took us a while to squeeze it in her car. Absolute bargain for £10 though and the kitten likes it :) but will have to find a new spot for the clothes airer for when I need to dry inside.

DD enjoyed swimming but it was like a sauna in there waiting, felt like jumping in myself.

Forgot to mention that on the weekend I smashed my phone :mad: it's useable for now but I am going to start a new pot to replace it when needed as I do everything on my phone. Plus, I keep getting little bits of glass stuck in my fingers :eek:
    SPC 076
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the phone :(
  • Robin09
    Options
    Yes very annoying Jwil. But not my first smashed phone and doubt it will be my last :o I'm pretty clumsy.

Today ended up rather spendy. Paid for DS's meeting and his hair cut. Then went shopping with my mum as she wanted some help getting bits for her holiday. While I was there I got DD a new swimsuit and sunglasses, some stationery for DS and some new shoes for both of them. Also got DD's teachers a notebook set each for £1 down from £6, most schools have broken up so was nicely reduced :) got myself one too as they are nice. Also picked up another 20 cards for a pound to go in the birthday drawer, have loads now though so must stop.

Just sat in the garden filling up DD's paddling pool, will be a nice surprise for her tomorrow, taking a while as it's quite big and needed a good clean. Would really love to get one of the rectangle ones with a frame, but very doubtful this holidays but something to think of for next year.
    SPC 076
  • Robin09
    Options
    So so so hot today. I do not cope well in this heat.

Least at work I could shut the shutters and have the fans on but was still too much for me, made me feel a bit ill. DD loved being able to jump in the paddling pool when she got home, she had a fab day at school spending the day in her year 2 classroom. One more day to go til she breaks up :j DS has had his friend over for the day.

Slimming world tonight and I lost another 4lb :T was shocked with that but I have been extra good after a bad-ish weekend. Got my half stone award, slimmer of the week and somehow slimmer of the month. Going in the right direction, I always enjoyed the plan last time but got to not let myself slip again this time.
    SPC 076
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well done on the weightloss, that's a fab result :T :T
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 7,924 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    well done from me

my DS bought himself a paddling pool and hes 20+ - so not just for the littl'uns
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    That's fab news on the weighloss well done xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback