PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 10. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• TiredTrophy
    TiredTrophy Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thank you everyone....his family have gathered in Cornwall so he's got lots of support.

Had a slow run in the rain and made an egg into blackcurrant pancakes.. ..comes out at 170 odd kcal so an ok breakfast if you're not low carb.

Really must go and find my winter clothes and see if I have a smart outfit for the funeral that fits....need it end of month I gather.

Fish and veg for dinner...finished the white wine last night, so cannot have that now!

Hope everyone has a cosy day with folks they love.
  • TiredTrophy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    So the summer clothes are out. ..and some in between season clothes found....not had the courage to open the bags with winter stuff in yet....it gets cold here so it's all rather bulky.
    When I pack up these things, I'm hoping they won't fit next year, even though I have liked most of them. They are large, shapeless and tired. I don't want to suit them anymore!

However, I am hungry and trying really hard not to think of rice pudding....
    Anyone got any ideas for guiltfree treats for a wet Sunday afternoon on one's own....?
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Afternoon

Sorry to read of your loss TT. Condolences to you, your DH and the rest of the family.
    Ha.....I wonder if you'll end up here lynnejk......
    That depends on lots of things atm - not least is where you are :rotfl:
    Anyone got any ideas for guilt free treats for a wet Sunday afternoon on one's own....?
    Fruit ??
    Hot, milky drink ??
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    DH father died-he's gone back but was too late.
    I ate half a bar of chocolate.

I'm glad you lot are there.

Sorry to hear this TT - take care of you and your DH!
    Must use my stash up!
  • TiredTrophy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ok...two glasses of red wine and half a jar of ginger later....would have been better off going with the rice pudding!

Today coffee....nothing left in house for breakfast so lets just fast!

L.hm tomato soup
    D.chickpea and pumpkin curry
    S. Cocoa when DH gets in at 23.45! If I've got time I'll bake him a little cake but I'm out most of the day.

Hope you all have a happy day.
  • donnajt
    donnajt Posts: 1,085 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    TiredTrophy - sorry to hear of your new, much love coming your way x

B: None
    L: Apple, 2x Satsumas, Naked Noodle
    D: Roast turkey, roast veg (no fat used), broccoli, cauli, roast pots, SW gravy (sister gave me this recipe and its really good)
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    So the summer clothes are out. ..and some in between season clothes found....not had the courage to open the bags with winter stuff in yet....it gets cold here so it's all rather bulky.
    When I pack up these things, I'm hoping they won't fit next year, even though I have liked most of them. They are large, shapeless and tired. I don't want to suit them anymore!

Anyone got any ideas for guiltfree treats for a wet Sunday afternoon on one's own....?

Oh how I resonate with the clothes problem. I also hope, usually vainly, that when the next season comes around the clothes that I packed away will suddenly become far too big and hanging off me, because I will have turned into the elegant swan nature intended me to be.
    This ignores the fact that that to be elegant I would not only have to lose a ton of weight but also grow a good 6 inches taller.
    Can't help with guiltfree treats I'm afraid. 'Guiltfree' and 'treats' don't belong in the same sentence. They are a contradiction in terms if ever there was one.

Well, I have to report another

STS

this week. If I was brutally honest I would admit to an extra few grams but I think I'll go down the non-brutal route.

It's cold and I want porridge with cream and golden syrup followed by lashings of hot, buttered toast with some sinful spread.

Sigh.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning all.

B/F - chocolate ready brek, crumpet with flora, coffee
    Lunch - protein shake, yoghurt & granola, tea
    Tea - large salad with mackerel.

I have a busy day ahead today but will hopefully run this evening. I cycled yesterday but didn't eat well so the effort was lost as far as weight loss goes.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,626 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all.

I was away with work at the end of last week so healthy eating was very difficult - plus there was a team night out involving beer and curry (and crazy golf!).

I did 'up' the activity at the weekend with a riding lesson on Saturday and a training session with the dogs in the forest on Sunday followed by some mass bulb planting but I suspect it won't have been enough.

B: lo carb granola, berries, skim
    L: pret sarnie as I have to go up to London
    D: SC game casserole

50 min frosty dog walk.

Sorry to hear your news TT - it is hard when you are in a different country at such times.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    So sorry to hear of your loss TT.

May I rejoin? I feel like I have gotten over my funk I was in before and feel optimistic about the future. I am still out of work at the moment, so in some ways losing weight won't be my primary concern as getting employment will be, but on the other hand I now have plenty of time to exercise so no excuses.

My scales are currently not working so I will have to go to one of those weighing machines they have in boots or similar. I will aim to lose something like 1lb a week. Weigh in day will be Monday. I will post my target later today. x
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family