Milann's life keeps getting in the way.......

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,439 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope hospital went ok for you :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,603 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hospital visit was lovely - I was discharged as scan showed bleed has dissipated and there are no new mini bleeds:j:j The slight tremor I still get sometIimes and my leg getting tired will just take time to recover. He recommended keeping active by swimming and supple doing yoga and Pilates.

I then met a lovely lady from on here and had a cuppa and chat - 1st time we'd met but I feel I've known her ages:D - before heading to see my brother to make use of my tram ticket. Oh I stopped off in big town for a quick nosey I didn't buy anything except a bite bite of lunch. I found the big M&S have a rotisserie chicken stand where you can buy a 1/4 chicken and various sides - I had Mediterranean roast veg pulled chicken breast - it was absolutely gorgeous. A fiver but on plan and tasty so a bonus - I expected having to get a sandwich and blowing my SW plan.

Put the world to rights with my sister in law...I had tea there - she is doing SW and just lost 2 stone so tea was on plan too :j:j so I've only just got home.

I probably should have headed back to work but by the time I'd have got there there wouldn't have been much of the school day left and they told me not to worry about going back in - I didn't need telling twice.

I did a lot of thinking on the tram - I needed the headspace I think. I just feel as if my dreams have been grabbed from under my feet with the events of the last week. In a funny sort of way it's made me all the more determined to stick with SW - no one can take my dream of getting back to where I want to be - that's in my hands....

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS
    January spends - £587.58
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,381 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Great news at the hospital :)

Often things happen which unfortunately you have no control over but there are plenty of things you can change - and that's what you need to focus on.

Like you say, onwards and upwards xx
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • milann
    Options
    You are so right SA - I need to focus on what I can control and channel my anger and frustration into something positives :cool: because I'm fluctuating from anger to upset and a variety of emotions in between"...
    January spends - £587.58
  • milann
    Options
    Id planned a day in doing housework today - sent dh to his train club meeting from under my feet. Ds came round to see how we were, so it didn't need much to persuade me to leave the housework and go out to play - we headed to great big shopping mall not far from here. I got some reduced jimjams for gks from M&S - half price - they'll love them pink with mermaids on. I'll put them away for Christmas and a couple of other bits for them reduced. Then dh met us and we went out for tea using Mr T vouchers so only paid for drinks. I chose wisely - not the stir fry I'd planned but I enjoyed it. And very MSE :money::j and although it wasn't completely SW but it wasn't a disaster either ;)
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    Options
    Glad you had a good day :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sounds like you had another good day out . I went to town and got overwhelmed with all the sale stuff from m&s and didn't buy a thing ! . Enjoy rest of the weekend . I am babysitting tonight .
  • milann
    Options
    Hope the babysitting went well SA - she is a real cutie...

Been thinking today - I'm undecided whether or not to put my cc balance on a 0% - I admit to going a little mad with expensive present for dh which was ready earlier than I'd been told, plus I've generally spent without much thought as I had been expecting the inheritance and I'd have just paid it off. But since said inheritance doesn't look to be happening anytime soon....my balance is now 1,800 I could pay it in about 3 months...last month I had 25 interest. I know I'd incurr a fee but it would be cheaper than the interest BUT I swore I wouldn't go down that road again......decisions decision......ooohhhh I hope I never meet the financial advisor that has turned our lives upside down:mad::mad::mad::mad: if the cash ever shows up I can pay it straight off.
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    Options
    I would go for the interest free if the fee is less than the interest you would pay over the time you want to pay it for be it 3 or 4 months.
    Hope that makes sense :)

• milann
    Options
    A bit of a rubbish mopey day here with 2 much time on my hands.....I've just typed a long post but it was very glum so I've deleted it and will write some positives instead :o

Today I'm greatful for
    - a family and friends that care for me even after I've been a grumpy and snappy Milann
    - Technology to allow me to see my gks as I chat to them
    - still having a roof over my head and food in my cupboards -even though it's looking as if we've been cheated out of a fair bit of cash.
    - beginning to tell myself what I've never had I'll never miss..........

Just need to keep reminding myself of the above :D:D

After a bit of family discussion yesterday - we've decided to go to dds for my birthday weekend. It'll mean travelling my birthday evening but will be worth it to get next day birthday cuddles
    January spends - £587.58
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure