Forum Home» Debt-Free Wannabe» Debt Free Diaries

Milann's life keeps getting in the way....... - Page 59

New Post Advanced Search

Milann's life keeps getting in the way.......

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt Free Diaries
2.1K replies 86.4K views

Replies

• beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    71.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad that you had a better offer!!
    LOve it :)
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **
    MFW. 9 months to go. B)
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
  • milannmilann Forumite
    3.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Went to SW as I expected 2 1/2 on. But I had a nice few days away eating anything and everything - I needed to see a gain to give me a kick up the behind I needed. Don't think I'll be at target for my birthday as hoped - but a 5 week challenge to get to as close to a stone as I can has now begun.

Went to the little row of shops near slimming world - how I saved myself I don't know. My ankle went - I plunged forward by sheer luck there was a couple of metal cafe tables and chairs at my side - I skimmed along these chairs grabbing them to stay upright - what a clatter - everyone in cafe was watching - I must have looked drunk:eek:but strongest I'd had was a cuppa - honest. I ended up going back to the car and to Morrisons around my corner where I hung onto the shopping trolley for dear life.

Right off for a quick tidy up before weekend.
  • SystemSystem
    177.7K posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh no I hope you are ok now , no injuries ? Good to hear you felt brave enough to go to the big shopping mall , you did make a day of it. I don't think 2.5lb is a lot if you have been away., that will easily come off.

When does your new term start ?

Enjoy BH weekend.
    71.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Blimey Milan , what are we like :(:(
    Glad you dident hurt yourself.
    MFW. 9 months to go. B)
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Keep plodding***
  • milannmilann Forumite
    3.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    My arm and ankle have been a bit sore as I grabbed the chairs as I saved myself but nothing serious.

I go back on 4th Sept but have got appointment at hospital with my arm....so will have to leave at dinner time.......not told them yet but not much I can do about it.

Yes I made a day of Trafford Centre - I got the bus form here so I didn't have to drive far then took it easy stopping for lots of breaks.
  • milannmilann Forumite
    3.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    A lovely day out with ds and dh yesterday. We went to a little NT place in Yorkshire then stopped at a little village and had tea courtesy of ds. A lazy morning and a carvery courtesy of dh today. No wonder I'm not losing any weight but it was good to get out and about. I've no intention of turning invitations down.

Weather has poured down all day today but in a funny sort of way it's nice snuggled up watching a film :)
    71.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad you have had a lovely day out & great grub & no cooking :)
    MFW. 9 months to go. B)
    ***Keep plodding***
  • SystemSystem
    177.7K posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Your day out sounds lovely, at least yesterday was very pleasant unlike today. Is your appt at Wrightington ?

Enjoy rest of bank holiday.
  • milannmilann Forumite
    3.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes CL it's at Wrightington and got one at Salford mid September so that'll be another day off. Dh taking me to Wrightington but I'll go on the tram to Salford.

Just been to collect my train ticket for tomorrow when I go to dds. Friend is dropping me at the station and its train virtuallY door to door - just 1 change.

Did some food shopping for dh and just having a chill whilst bedding is drying then I'll have a tidy round pack my case and I'm ready for the off. Looking forward to seeing the grandkids - I've done well these hols and seen them 3 times. But eldest one starts school next week and they'll be tied to holidays so I don't envisage seeing them as often. Myself and dh are going on a boat ride on Sunday weather permitting around the Kent coast and up the Thames in an old sailing boat - a present from dd a while ago and 1 thing or another hasn't happened.

Then we come back and it's back to work. It's been a strange holiday this year - can't wait to get back in some ways but would happily stay at home in other ways.
    71.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Have a fantastic time with your family :)
    I have bought socks :D
    MFW. 9 months to go. B)
    ***Keep plodding***