MSE Pregnancy Club 25

Options

Comments

• CL
    CL Posts: 1,537 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Some breast pads have a sticky back to fix them to the inside of your bra and some don't. I remember with DD that when you opened your bra to feed, those that didn't have a sticky back fell out and were a bit of a pain. I think I used Sainsbury's own maternity pads and didn't have any issues, but I had a section so wasn't sensitive down there, so mightn't be qualified to comment.
  • Rups32
    Rups32 Posts: 4,745 Forumite
    Options
    morning all how are you?

thanks for the gym ball suggestions and advise, i am 5'4 so prob will go for the 55cm one? didnt sleep well and was up as usual to use the loo. had an itchy belly as well last night, and have some red marks today. meh.. working from home which is nice but thanks to a girl being away, i am lumbered with her work and her stupid sales person is bugging me. i cant wait to go on maternity!!!

regarding breast pads, i think ikkle or someone has put that waitrose were doing an offer on them, so i got dh to get them for me and they seem ok even though i havent used them and have packed them in my hos bag.:) speaking of that, i think my bag is 'nearly' done. just need to add things like socks, and magazine, food, camera etc etc and i am done. :) got to start on baby bag soon as i need to wash clothes first. :)

for pads, i had a packet from superdrugs and then i went and got asda ones. i have 3 packs now which i have packed. i think someone said tescos own etc are fine to use. some woman at work told me to also pack normal pads as maternity ones are rubbish, but on here everyone recommends maternity so have packed those.:)
    Became Mrs H on the 1st of October 2011!!

Little Kung fu bubba due on the 24th of December 2012. :j

Cutie pie Andre born on the 3rd of January 2013 via C-Section. :-) :j
  • Rups32
    Options
    oh i have a question about the sterilised milk please as the hospital list says on there to bring our own? we got some this weekend, in case bubba doesnt BF. we got the Aptmil first milk cartons to pack for baby. are those ok?

• Nephthys
    Nephthys Posts: 366 Forumite
    Options
    Morning everyone. Many congrats to all the new mummies - fantastic news! Although am a bit disturbed at how quickly I have been moving up the list!

I also found Mothercare to be very disappointing. Had a much better experience at a small independent lingerie shop so am going back there this time.

Re the maternity pads - I used Tescos own maternity pads - both normal ones and slim ones. Much preferred the slim but used the normal ones at the start. I had an episiotomy and the pads were grand.

I used Tommee Tippee breast pads. They suited me better than others being a wee bit bigger and slim so they didn't really show. I never bothered with the sticky bit. I didn't really like the Tesco or Boots ones. But then again - everyone is different with a different shape!

CL - I was aching down below the other day! I have no idea why - everything feels a lot more sensitive. Very unpleasant - makes sitting at a desk for 8/9 hours a day a bit of a nightmare. TMI - it feels like everything is swollen and achy - is it like that?
  • Nephthys
    Options
    I think that milk is fine Rups - we had a couple of cartons in the house just in case and it was the aptamil one with the number 1 on the front. We never used them.

Re the use of sanitary pads - they recommend not as they can mask the signs of infection. When I started to use the slim maternity oens the community midwife when she was checking me asked immediately if i was using sanitary pads. Was glad I wasn't! She was a bit scary but absolutely lovely. Am really hoping she comes out this time too!

Gym ball - i think mine is 55cm and I'm just under 5ft 4. Must go and look that out!
  • CL
    Options
    Nephthys wrote: »
    CL - I was aching down below the other day! I have no idea why - everything feels a lot more sensitive. Very unpleasant - makes sitting at a desk for 8/9 hours a day a bit of a nightmare. TMI - it feels like everything is swollen and achy - is it like that?

Yes. It feels like I've cycled on the hardest bike seat on the bumpiest road for 100 miles yesterday. I'm not kidding, I'm seriously thinking of going home from work early as sitting here is agony!
  • Nephthys
    Options
    Do you have a coat or a jumper you can fashion a doughnut shape with? Failing that then definitely take yourself home and lie down for a while. It's horrible when sitting for ages - you have my sympathies and mine isn't even that bad. Although the pain in my pelvis may be distracting me. Have you been to the docs or did they just dismiss it as one of those pregnancy things? I'm at the midwife this Friday and going to ask about it.
  • Rups32
    Options
    I get a stiff and achey tail bone if sit for too long, so tend to get up and just go for a little walk. i need that now as sitting on the settee is not nice. need tea.:)

• CL
    Options
    Nephthys wrote: »
    Do you have a coat or a jumper you can fashion a doughnut shape with? Failing that then definitely take yourself home and lie down for a while. It's horrible when sitting for ages - you have my sympathies and mine isn't even that bad. Although the pain in my pelvis may be distracting me. Have you been to the docs or did they just dismiss it as one of those pregnancy things? I'm at the midwife this Friday and going to ask about it.

I'm with the midwife tomorrow morning, but because it's not joints/ligaments and not in my tummy I'm assuming they'll just tell me that it's just one of those things and to get on with it.

You aren't a petite size 10-12 are you Neph? I have a bag of maternity clothes given to me by SIL and they are all too short in the leg and I'm looking for a home for them. I don't really want to package and post them and you work in Belfast don't you?
  • Nephthys
    Options
    That's lovely of you CL! Thank you so much. I wish I was a petite 10-12! Lol! Am about a 14 at the bottom so not good for me but thank you very much for the thought. I do work in Belfast though! What about Gumtree? Then you could meet someone to hand them over rather than posting. (Would be cool to do a Belfast MSE pregnancy meet up though!:o)

Let me know what the midwife says as i would be interested to see if they say anything but i'll still ask on Friday as different ones give different answers! You're right though - most things are dismissed as "just one of those things, deal with it".

How's your DD doing? Does she have any concept of a new baby arriving?

Rups - make me a cuppa while you're at it....and if there is any cake or biscuits going - chuck us some of them too! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure