Feedback on Utility Point

Options

Comments

• Kernel_Sanders
    Options
    Swipe wrote: »
    They told me my account had been closed and the DD mandate cancelled at their end so they needed me to send them my bank account details again for a transfer refund. They obviously no longer had them or they would have just refunded me as agreed.
    They sound incompetent. They could have changed the mandate to £0 so retaining the facility to refund.
  • Swipe
    Swipe Posts: 5,094 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    They sound incompetent. They could have changed the mandate to £0 so retaining the facility to refund.

They are incompetent, but as I explained earlier, by the time I got my bill credit refund, the account had already been closed and the DD cancelled. They weren't expecting to have to pay me any more money so I can understand why the account was closed. I only managed to get the £30 compensation because I chased them off my own back for late payment otherwise they would never have paid it automatically.
  • Streaky_Bacon
    Streaky_Bacon Posts: 656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 23 January 2020 at 12:49PM
    Options
    Just noticed this on CEC, and haven't seen it mentioned before. Does anybody have any further information?
    Warning: Utility Point owe over £1m in ‘capacity market’ payments, which all suppliers pay to ensure enough electricity is available at all times. Payment is well overdue, which isn’t a good sign.
  • bristolleedsfan
    Options
    Just noticed this on CEC, and haven't seen it mentioned before. Does anybody have any further information?

For a bit of context/additional info this was two months ago

https://theenergyst.com/capacity-market-33-suppliers-owe-38m-in-payments/
  • Rosco62
    Rosco62 Posts: 61 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Changed over 21 days ago so after reading a few posts it could be a while before i get about £90 refunded
  • Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
    Options

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/Global/CitizensAdvice/Energy/Energy%20Consultation%20responses/Picking%20up%20pieces%20updated.pdf
    Stompa
  • Kernel_Sanders
    Options
    Has this supplier just withdrawn a tariff? I had a quote a couple of days ago for electricity at about 13 pence per kilowatt hour and a very low standing charge. The only way I know of discovering these rates and standing charges is by going on comparison sites!
  • Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
    Options
    Has this supplier just withdrawn a tariff? I had a quote a couple of days ago for electricity at about 13 pence per kilowatt hour and a very low standing charge. The only way I know of discovering these rates and standing charges is by going on comparison sites!
    They seem to launch tarriffs very frequently, so presumably must subsequently withdraw them just as often.

https://portal.utilitypoint.co.uk/OurTariffs
    Stompa
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,103 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 23 January 2020 at 2:31PM
    Options

Just Up 20 Wk04 Direct

My area SC same, Kwh slightly reduced from week or so ago,

Unit Rate 13.4676p per kWh Standing Charge 12.11p per day (E)

£25.00 account credit if friend code is used

Gas 2.5708p per kWh Standing Charge 11.55p per day
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    grumpycrab wrote: »
    [switched gas and electric away from UP on 18 Dec] my gas switch took 3 weeks (new supplier gas reading marked as "Dcopening" 8 Jan - reading looks estimated by the Dc...but not far out.); we'll see whether UP ignore this or not...
    I asked UP on the 16 Jan when I was going to get a final account... they came back with the following on the 24 Jan (only 8 days after original email)...

"Please be advised that currently we are still awaiting confirmation of your final meter reading confirmed to us by the industry. The industry has up to 32 days to validate your start reading. If your final bill will not be issued within this period, please let us know and we will investigate this for you. Lydia"

Guessing they've received the meter readings from industry but are sitting on them. Anything I can do to chase?
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback