edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Energy
697 replies 137.4K views
1646566676870»

Replies

• harenghareng Forumite
    532 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Sent them a private message on FB Sunday night asking 3 simple questions.
    Do we have an online account? Able to input monthly meter readings? Are smart meters required?
    Answered the next day but greeted with "can you confirm your full address and postcode, email address linked to the account and d.o.b?" Then told them what to do and dont deserve any business. They soon come back grovelling.
  • greyteam1959greyteam1959 Forumite
    3.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keep away from them.

• CRISPIANNE3CRISPIANNE3 Forumite
    983 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper Car Insurance Carver!
    ✭✭✭
    hareng said:
    Sent them a private message on FB Sunday night asking 3 simple questions.
    Do we have an online account? Able to input monthly meter readings? Are smart meters required?
    Answered the next day but greeted with "can you confirm your full address and postcode, email address linked to the account and d.o.b?" Then told them what to do and dont deserve any business. They soon come back grovelling.
    Frustrating as it is but under the data protection laws they have to verify it is you. 
  • greyteam1959greyteam1959 Forumite
    3.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can I ask how people are managing to contact Utility Point? I've tried emailing them last week and haven't had a reply.  Live chat doesn't appear available and their phone lines just aren't answered.

[email protected]   Operations Manager.
    Update
    The email address should read [email protected]
    Not as the above.
    HTH
  • poppellerantpoppellerant Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Well I think it's fair that I post to tell people that UP eventually replied to the email sent on 31/12/2020.  I am assuming they are working late hours, as the email was sent well after 9pm last night.
  • soundgeeksoundgeek Forumite
    13 Posts
    10 Posts First Anniversary
    Can I ask how people are managing to contact Utility Point? I've tried emailing them last week and haven't had a reply.  Live chat doesn't appear available and their phone lines just aren't answered.
    I tried 0345 557 7878 and did find a way through the automated guff to a real person who promised me £30 compensation.
    Also I started a case on resolver.co.uk
  • soundgeeksoundgeek Forumite
    13 Posts
    10 Posts First Anniversary
    soundgeek said:
    I got an email acnowledgement from UP saying they would pay me the £76.26 they owe me within 10 days. That was in  November-2019. I've received nothing. I left them in August! I won't be rushing back.
    Is the ombudsman any use?

Without any communication with me, I discovered that Utility Point have paid me my £76.26 plus £30 late payment compensation, so it has taken 5 months to resolve, but it is resolved. They might have told me they had paid me, but they didn't.