Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,296 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Yes,best to just call the police.
    Passes chocolate & gin.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • gemini12
    gemini12 Posts: 391 Forumite
    Options
    I cant offer any help except to say I am thinking of you and hope you dont have an unwanted visitor. As others have said if he should arrive call the police and Good Luck.
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Honeysucklelou2 Posts: 4,657 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sorry that you are having to go through even more from the ex.
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Bloody hell.

Bloody HELL.

What a knob.

I hope right now you are fast asleep in your very safe little house with your darling kids. Sending you lots of love XXXXXX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • GlendaSugarbean
    Options
    Please try and get some rest.

I'm agog at his shenanigans: at least now he's run out of people to convince that's he's a victim in all this. Thank goodness you spotted the truth in time to get rid. The only person who can help him now is himself.
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Honeysucklelou2 Posts: 4,657 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I would let your solicitor know asap the current situation.
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well there has been no sign so far - so maybe it is just my anxiety starting to take over a little bit. I just keep trying to mind read what I would do in the same situation, but the reality is that I would never allow myself to be in that situation. I won't isolate myself like that from people, and I'm savvy enough to recognise when my own mental health is spiralling and I will do something about it. So I can't put myself in his shoes at all. Ah well.
    I didn't sleep that well, but ok. I am getting towards end of term tired as it's half term next week - without anything much of a break because I'm knee deep in exam marking as well - which will go on until the beginning of July (and will be worth every penny :D)
    I have spoken to lots of people today to make them aware of the situation. Neighbours, solicitor, kids schools, my family. I figure that the more people who know and are on the lookout for us then the better off we'll be. I'm reassured that both schools have said if he turns up there then they will call the police. I also hope the solicitor will be able to present a stronger argument at the next court hearing. My ex has no medical/drug treatment available - he needs to take a long, hard look at himself and start taking steps into CBT or something similar. I just don't think that he will.
    I've brought work home tonight because I was a bit distracted during the day. Still have exam stuff to look at as well, so I should probably get on.
    Thank you all, as always for your support and comfort. It really does mean a lot to me.
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Very wise to let the schools, etc know the situation. You've done all you can for him and it is up to him to sort himself out now. Difficult to put the whole thing out of your mind. I know.

I'm not surprised you're feeling worn out. Try to relax and get some sleep. xxx
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,852 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Just to say I'm thinking about you, and hoping this will help at the next Court day. (((hugs)))
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,878 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Enjoy half term, even if you are working, at least you can be doing in it in your pjs or in the garden, not having to commute / do the school run for 9 days is priceless!!
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport