Finally I have a mortgage I can start to pay off!

Options

Comments

• themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,898 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    PC survey done - and I got to rant very strongly about the environmental impact of this so-called improvement to our lives..... Good job they pay so well, makes my blood pressure spike!
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• themadvix
    edited 25 May 2018 at 11:13AM
    Options
    Morning all!

Didn't sleep well again last night, but my own fault - a (small) glass of wine and then reading my phone until late did not help.... (when people from MSE invade your dreams you know there's been too much foruming going on! :eek:)

Really struggling with motivation at the moment (my MS lists have been getting very short). I think/hope I'll feel better when this boot sale has taken place - money in, but more importantly stuff out! I've also got a few things at payout, so I'm sure that'll help boost morale. Pain from my hip has also not been helping, so am standing at new, partially built desk. Shockingly, despite assurances to the contrary, it doesn't look like naughty American client has paid their (huge) bill.... what joy. And now I'll have to wait another week - why can they only do bank transfers on a Thursday??? :mad: As they owe quite a lot I'll be telling them to 'do one' it until I get paid. It's the only thing that seems to speed them along...

I have plenty of work for other clients this morning though, although the bit I was looking forward to has been delayed - means I have to get on with the boring stuff instead!

Seeing friends tonight. It started as a drink at the pub but has now morphed into dinner at theirs, which is lovely :) We didn't have curry in the end last night as I never did get it out of the freezer. Had Friday night stir-fry early instead.

MS things:
    * VB poll, MS rewards, lousy SBs
    * Good deal on BIl's GF's birthday present from W0Wcher
    * Will be prepping for boot sale later with Mum
    * DH scrabbled some pasta together for lunch

Gratitudes:
    * My lovely sit/stand desk (glad we didn't get the longer one, this is huge as it is!)
    * Ginger cat appears to be healing ok (and isn't noticing the tablets in his food)
    * Lovely friends having us for dinner

Have a good day all!

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• Crumpets
    Crumpets Posts: 1,014 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your ginger cat MV, glad he's on the mend. Grr to non paying clients, dh has this happen quite often too :mad:

I hope the car boot goes well for you! I really can't summon up the enthusiasm to do one. Its great to clear stuff from the house - it de-clutters the mind too I feel.

Hope the desk works out for helping your hip pain, have a lovely weekend :beer:
    Mortgage March 2011 £143,927.6
    Mortgage Feb 2019 £78,323.18
  • themadvix
    Options
    Thanks Crumpets :)

What doesn't sell at the boot sale will mostly be going to the charity shop. There are a few bits I'll retrieve for ebay/fb, but the majority of it will be gone.... There's a possibility we'll be boot saleing my nan's stuff to clear the house/pay for her care, so boot sales may continue to be a part of life for a little while (at least the stuff won't be in my house in the meantime!).

Have yourself a lovely weekend too! :)

• earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your cat and the carpet. I am the same with motivation, a bit up and down as life gets in the way and keeps messing with my plans! Perhaps we can encourage each other!!
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You're dreaming about people from mse? :eek: I'm worried for you :rotfl:

Hope the lack of sleep doesn't impinge on the evening out, that sounds lovely.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hope the cat is ok now vix, £70 seems quite cheap if he stayed in for a couple of days? I don't think I've ever had a vets bill thats not three figures or more! Have a good weekend :D
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • themadvix
    Options
    Thanks Earthie - have just posted on your diary. Fortunately the vax is excellent (a £50 sale bargain) and carpet as good as new, or as good as it can be with scratchy cats around!

Karma - lack of sleep didn't impinge.... It wasn't a dodgy dream, never fear - it was all about stretching the pennies (wow, how sad am I that thrift invades my subconscious?!) :rotfl:

Newgirly - fortunately he didn't have to stay in. It wasn't that expensive, it's just yet another, unexpected bill.... He's fine now though.

• themadvix
    Options
    So quick update this morning as I need to head to mum's and boot sale. Loaded her car last night - it all fitted, hooray!

Boot sale site seem to have reduced their table fee by half, so fingers crossed the info on the website was accurate.

VB 15p survey done this morning too.

Realised I've committed myself to working on Monday - brain doesn't put work availability and bank holidays together. Never mind, it won't take me all day!

Have a great weekend all, hope the weather cheers up (bit murky and grey here this morning, but meant to brighten up)!

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hope your weekend is good too, madvix, and that the boot sale is brill :) let us know how it goes.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure